Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 11:15:15 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArtWorkshopcritique my new player/animation help
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: critique my new player/animation help  (Read 2461 times)
flyingmangoes
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2015, 07:29:48 AM »

I've spent a while looking for a player that finally fits with what I'm trying to make, and I think I've found something.
What do you guys think of my main player?  Also, I might need some help with getting a grasp on animations.

Hope someone can help!
flyingmangoes
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 11:50:45 AM »

I've had this thread open for a week or two, and there's been no responses.  If someone stumbles by, please feel free to give your critique.  Thanks!  Smiley
Moth
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 03:49:02 PM »

Rear leg is thinner than the front leg, arms are a bit too short, bit stiff in general. The two red tones are a bit close together and kind of blur together if you're not focusing on em. The eye touching the outline detracts from the perceived shape of both the eye and the outline overall, imo. Here's some proposed edits

Also have different colors + a variant with darker pants. I feel like the colors in the original design are a bit all over the place so I tried focusing on the red and leaving in the green as its complement.

flyingmangoes
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 03:58:09 PM »

Thanks for your help.  The colors are far from final, and I agree the outer leg should be thicker. 

I do think, however, that I'll keep they eye on the outline.  I think the separation makes it look nicer. Grin
Moth
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 04:21:24 PM »

You're welcome! I hope was able to provide some insight. Yeah the degree of eye separation does alter the characterization, but at the same time I think when it's touching the outline like that, it looks like it could be confused as the silhouette of the head dipping inward kinda like this

would be averted if eye color was either easier to distinguish from the outlines or if the sprite was altered for to keep the eye from touching the outline like that. Just a thought, may not be an issue in other people's opinion.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic