Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411908 Posts in 69429 Topics- by 58477 Members - Latest Member: KriegsHetzer

June 09, 2024, 09:30:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Replicator - 2D - Pixel Art - Platform - Puzzle - Shooter
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Replicator - 2D - Pixel Art - Platform - Puzzle - Shooter  (Read 714 times)
MannequinRaces
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2015, 08:55:26 AM »

Welcome to my devLog for my game The Replicator!

My name is Adam and I'm a one man developer from Ohio.  In this devLog I'd like to document my progress with The Replicator and interact with this wonderful community.  For anybody reading if you have any constructive criticism, just want to say hi, or offer words of support and encouragement and wisdom, bring it on!!

What It Is

The Replicator is a 2D pixel art platform / puzzle / shooter game where I will be handling all art, coding, and music.  If I ever get done with this game I'll be looking for somebody to help me market it, but that's waaayyy down the road.

What Can You Do In The Replicator

In The Replicator you will be able to explore an outpost with the goal of acquiring technology to bring back to Earth for your employer.  There will be puzzles to solve, areas to explore, weapons to upgrade, and things to shoot!

What Weapons / Items Are In The Game

I might add more weapons / items but I'm currently working on these:

a) Standard Pea Shooter - not very powerful but you don't want to be without it
b) AntiGrav Gun - shoots antigrav balls that when they hit enemies / objects will make it so what it hits will lose control of gravity for an amount of time
c) Replication Machine - you can plop this down so that when you die you will respawn from this point.
d) AtomReader - use the AtomReader to scan enemies and objects and then you can make copies of them with your Replicator Gun
e) Replicator Gun - after an enemy / item is scanned successfully and saved you can make copies of it with your Replicator Gun
f) BlackHole Generator - generates a black hole that will suck in enemies, etc..

Visuals

I'm not very clear on size restrictions for gif's so if mine are too small or too big let me know.

The walk animation needs some bounce and the gun positions need worked out as The Replicator jumps.  Here's changing weapons, walking, crouching, jumping, and shooting:

This is the Puck Generator, the sprite sheet got cutoff for the generated puck so I will fix that down the road.

Side door animation:

MannequinRaces
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 05:22:06 AM »

Concept art for another part of the station.

Bombini
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 06:59:40 AM »

Here we go Smiley
Following!

MannequinRaces
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 07:53:32 AM »

Here we go Smiley
Following!
Thank you for your support!  I'm anxiously awaiting your Mac demo for Space Pirate!
MannequinRaces
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 05:41:02 AM »

The past week has been mostly coding: basic scene switching, working out the coding for the replicator machine, etc..  Next up is concept work for new enemies and more level artwork. 
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic