Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 12:57:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCockpit CompetitionWombstown
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Wombstown  (Read 2166 times)
Moss Zombie
Level 0

blorp bleep bleargh oh no

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2009, 03:02:17 AM »

Okay, first competition, so I'm going to hit the ground running.

The idea for this game is that you play a foetus, still gestating within your mother's womb - the womb being your 'cockpit', the place where you manipulate and control the host you inhabit. Possessing psychic powers for reasons vague and undefined, your pre-natal intellect can come to only one conclusion - that your manifest destiny is to rule the world, and thus you must prepare the outside world for your birth and rule. To do so, you interact with the world via the fleshy puppet that is your 'mother', doing what needs to be done to build a cult around you and your birth.

Essentially, you're a megalomaniac psychic wiggly-thing cult leader.

So, for this comp, I'll be using Python and libtcod, meaning it'll be a pseudo-roguelike, at least in terms of appearance. Of course, this isn't Womb With A View, so most of the time you'll be staring a wall of wishy-washy pink and red, so I had better at least make it pretty. I'm imagining a sparse GUI, used for general Cult Management and controlling your Puppet-Mother's actions. She, of course, will be the one that hauls your pre-natal self around various locations in the City, where you use your psychic abilities to cause chaos, recruit members, and all around shape the world to be the sort of place to accept a psychic newborn as their saviour. Gameplay-wise, I'm thinking of something Liberal Crime Squad inspired, as I think the general theme and gameplay elements work well with what I'm thinking of.

The name, of course, is almost inevitably going to change  Wink

Here goes nothing  Coffee

"You're only a rebel from the waist downwards," he told her.
She thought this was brilliantly witty and flung her arms around him.
Hempuliā€½
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 06:53:57 AM »

Very awesome plotline! :D

TooMuchSpareTime
Level 3

Came for the VGNG comp, stayed for the other stuff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 12:35:09 PM »

Sounds like my kind of game: disturbingly messed up! Best of luck with your first compo entry.

Moss Zombie
Level 0

blorp bleep bleargh oh no

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 01:12:04 PM »

Thanks, everyone. Of coursed, I picked the best time to announce my start - just as I have to read ready for an all-day workshop. On the weekend.

About OH&S.

Crazy

Anyway, by the end of today I hope to have some kind of framework in place for how the gameplay works, and I should have some screens up within the next couple of days. All the kind words are much appreciated!

"You're only a rebel from the waist downwards," he told her.
She thought this was brilliantly witty and flung her arms around him.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic