Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 01:24:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessDMCA Force
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: DMCA Force  (Read 1673 times)
therevillsgames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 21, 2015, 01:16:03 AM »

Has anyone used DMCA Force?

https://www.dmcaforce.com/

And is it actually worth the money?

DMCA Force has a free evaluation, which I may take them up:

https://www.dmcaforce.com/pricing/

Their level 1 prices ($25 - $100) seems okay... but if people want to pirate they will.

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 11:04:27 AM »

I don't understand how any of the things they do would help generate sales in any way. You'd be better off spending your money on helping increase sales instead of spending money on reducing piracy.

therevillsgames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 03:25:11 PM »

I guess the idea is that when potential buyers are searching for your games they dont see all the pirated versions on the first page of Google Wink

Magurp244
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 11:49:34 PM »

Or maybe make sure they find your Pirated Version first.

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 12:09:45 PM »

I guess the idea is that when potential buyers are searching for your games they dont see all the pirated versions on the first page of Google Wink
unless they add 'crack' or 'torrent' to their search that isn't going to happen. And if they are doing that they were never a potential buyer anyway. The first, second, and third pages of google searches should be your website and the hundreds of amazing reviews of your game I would hope.

therevillsgames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 04:12:48 PM »

unless they add 'crack' or 'torrent' to their search that isn't going to happen.

Unfortunately that's not how it works... Here are the first 3 pages of Google:
Page 1:

Page 2:

Page 3:

The first, second, and third pages of google searches should be your website and the hundreds of amazing reviews of your game I would hope.

I would hope too Smiley

But I suck at marketing...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 04:38:53 PM by therevillsgames » Logged

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2015, 08:45:46 AM »

But I suck at marketing...
Then you'll be better off spending your time and money on that. Trying to fight piracy you could spend a lot of time, energy, and money, and still not make a dent. Concentrate on making a great game and making it as easy to find and purchase as possible. Pirates have no intention of buying your game so they aren't lost sales. I don't think I've heard of anyone ever saying "Man, I couldn't find a cracked version of [GAME NAME] so I bought it instead.".

If you do try DMCA Force though I'd be interested to hear about you experience. I don't mind being proven wrong.

Oleksandr
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2016, 07:17:34 AM »

Hello! I have the same problem on our website.
We don’t create games but we sell templates in PSD. We have even 50 pirate copying of our product of some templates.
Now we also want to use DMCAForce.com, maybe somebody had already some experience? How do they work? And is their service useful? I add Google screenshot where you can see how our website is copying www.elegantflyer.com .
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic