Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 03:33:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCockpit CompetitionSuper Cockpit Football Fighters [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Super Cockpit Football Fighters [FINISHED]  (Read 45143 times)
SJ
Level 0

Huh what?

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2009, 12:24:23 PM »

Wife and I just played this for about 30 minutes, fun stuff. Really well done.   Hand Thumbs Up Left
ForTheUSSR
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2009, 08:06:42 AM »

That music is awesome!  The game itself is also enjoyable.  I wish I actually had someone to play against.
genericuser
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2009, 09:22:43 AM »

ForTheUSSR:

I'll try to make a singleplayer "demo" on Sunday  Hand Thumbs Up Left Wink
Will Vale
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2009, 01:14:49 AM »

Love the tune and the big right feet! I need to find someone to play this against (as well as Balloon to the Moon). Perhaps the missus will oblige...
genericuser
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2009, 06:17:00 AM »

Super Cockpit Football Fighters has been reviewed at hrej.cz;

EDIT: After using Google Translate a bit, I ended up with this translation...(I promise, I've tried to keep it as close as possible to the original)

Really, I expected that the cockpit competition of TIGSource would see a game of the most popular team sport in the world, football. Super Cockpit Football Fighters is a game in which two people play against each other, with characters not unlike the mascots of the World Cup 1990 in Italy.

The player uses the arrow keys to move, to bring the ball to the gate. The characters, consisting of many blocks, moves according to the laws of physics, so that not only is the task of scoring a bit more difficult, but also makes it look lifelike and very impressive. As I indicated in the introduction, this is a purely multiplayer game, with only the option of two players on one PC.

People with no friends can try Super Cockpit Football Fighters, but playing against yourself is not the right way(to play), and the most fun comes up when there are two players. In addition, I want to highlight the particularly high-quality sound, with mainly music enhancing the overall atmosphere of the work.

Super Cockpit Football Fighters is certainly an interesting title, that will especially please multiplayer-gamers.

Unfortunately, I can't read Czech, but I was able to grasp a few things:

• They rated it 6/10, I think; not too bad  Smiley
  • They added the minimum specs; apparently, you can run SCFF with a 600 MHz CPU and 128 MB RAM, which is nice  Grin
  • The review commented that the characters look like the 1990 World Cup mascots; and I very much agree  :D
Oh, and thanks to Scattle for putting SCFF on his blog.  Grin
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 08:21:05 AM by genericuser » Logged
tomica
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2009, 08:21:32 AM »

well it seems that they really liked it.
so i wonder why they didn't at least a seven then. :/

oh, well... ^^

genericuser
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2009, 08:36:44 AM »

I don't know, either; it seems to me that the game was pretty well received by the guy/guys who reviewed it.

You definitely deserve the praise for the music, though.  Hand Thumbs Up Left Tiger
Fuzz
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2009, 04:18:54 PM »

Probably because of it being multiplayer only?
David Pittman
Level 2

MAEK GAEM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2009, 08:48:03 PM »

The music totally sold me on this game. Excellent stuff. And the gameplay was fun and unique so it didn't just feel like a joke entry in spite of the music. Now I need to actually play it against someone!

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2009, 10:20:06 AM »

Wow this is the Blender engine?
Awesome, they've come a long way since the last tiem I tried it. I'll take a closer look to it in the future Wink
Very nice game good music. Actually this would make a great arcade game for real.
Too bad you need two players , and the "cockpit" is a bit tacked on, but np... Beer!

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
IPv6
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2009, 05:13:17 PM »

Incredible funny game, congrats!!! Smiley
Pishtaco
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2009, 01:09:47 PM »

Great game, I just played it with my girlfriend and we both enjoyed it. I'm not completely convinced by the 3d graphics, though; the soundtrack and some of the other art were suggesting something more vector-y to me.

Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2009, 09:13:14 PM »

I finally got the chance to try this properly with another player.

It was the most I've laughed in some time.  From pushing each other across the ground and trying to force the other guy out of his goal to trying to remain spinning in the air to things that actually resembled impressive and legitimate maneuvers, every moment was downright hilarious.  The whole thing finished with my friend getting one leg segment stuck in the ground in the middle, and flailing around determinately like some possessed scarecrow, trying still to play while rooted to the spot.  I love it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic