Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411498 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 08:35:04 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallPost games you want to see on TIGSource!
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47
Print
Author Topic: Post games you want to see on TIGSource!  (Read 260636 times)
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #900 on: November 07, 2009, 07:05:35 PM »

nevermind solved it sort of thanks to mrll in tigirc

Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #901 on: November 07, 2009, 08:39:41 PM »

I could do a few guest reviews if you guys need help. I would be glad to give a hand. Just point me toward games and I'll see what I can do. If you want to.

Ogga
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #902 on: November 14, 2009, 02:17:27 PM »

Cubism is a new 3D casual game from independent game developer OggaSoft.
It's sort of a mix between Tetris & Bubble Shooter put together in a 3D game arena.
The game contains a lot of levels - each one is a bit different.
It starts out rather easy and gets harder and harder as you progress through the levels.
CAUTION! This game is VERY addictive!
A demo version can be downloaded for free at http://www.oggasoft.com.

Genre: 3D Casual Game
Screenshot URL: http://www.oggasoft.com/images/screenshot.jpg
Youtube video URL:

Download: http://www.oggasoft.com/Cubism.html
Platform(s): Windows
krabbo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #903 on: November 15, 2009, 01:55:59 PM »

--

KrabbitWorld Origins

This is a Gothic fantasy style game very light on the RPG and heavy on the Action.

The character and camera controls are advanced. The combat is complex requiring some practice and skill to fight.

It combines furious hack n' slash combat with customizable characters and the choice to play in Story Mode or one of several Battle Modes including Arcade, Versus, Team and Survival.

You can play any of the six playable Krabbits up to level 99 in more of a sandbox style of gameplay if you choose.

Building your Krabbit does not stop at level 99 as you can continue to build your powers after that.

Character building includes gaining experience, building your powers, and customizing your appearance at any time.

This is a creative game built on and focusing on colour. Players are encouraged to experiment with dying their krabbits in every way, to their hearts content, with the ability to affect emotion by design with colour. KrabbitWorld Origins features an original and unique colour engine.

The combat system is very engaging and original. The melee combat uses a combo hud system that can enhance your damage and experience immensely, once mastered.

Another very kool feature is the ability to transfer your Krabbits from an earlier version to a newer version or from a laptop to a desktop PC. Simply copy your krabbits.kdf file from one version to the other. You may re-install a new version over an older one and still retain your your already levelled Krabbits.

Multiplay is in early development stages. This is NOT an MMO. We're using zones and smaller maps than typical MMO's. It's more like a Gamespy system, but in 3D.

Mouse-overs and instructions are in 12 different languages!

Features

* 6 Playable Krabbits each with unique weapon and ultimate power
    * Customize your Krabbit's colors and attire any time at the dye vendor
    * Hire any of 5 henchmen to assist you clearing the lands of the Necrotechs
    * Build your stats as you gain XP and enhance them with acquired items
    * Hone your combo hud skills to maximize damage
    * Use dash attacks and combat magic jump and multishoot for aerial combat
    * Change game mode at any time by visiting the in-game bulletin board

Windows Minimum System Requirements

* Operating System: Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista
    * CPU: 2.0+ GHz Single Core Processor
    * RAM: 1GB
    * Drive Space: 1 GB Free
    * Video: NVIDIA 7200+ or ATI Radeon 9600+ Video Card
    * Audio: DirectX 9.0c
    * * - Internet connection required to play for authentication purposes (may still play in single player mode)

Download File Size for PC - 227 MB, for MAC - 387 MB

MAC Minimum System Requirements

* Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 or later
    * CPU: Intel Mac or PowerPC G5
    * RAM: 1GB
    * Drive Space: 1 GB Free
    * Video: NVIDIA 7200+ or ATI Radeon 9600+ Video Card
    * Other: Latest OpenGL Drivers
    * * - Internet connection required to play for authentication purposes (may still play in single player mode)

KrabbitWorld Origins is a game developed independently and self-funded by two hard working dedicated people.

*Requires hours of play to grasp the depth of it's features.
*Contains in-depth step by step tutorial.
*Manual is included with download.

Web site: KrabbitOnline
Krabbitsoft Studios, Inc.

KrabbitWorld Origins is available on Direct2Drive for Mac and Windows

Our first review

Promo keys and link available by request for reviews.

---
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #904 on: November 16, 2009, 12:54:17 PM »

I've gotta reinforce the suggestion of Umbrella Adventure. It's such a lovely, lengthy and well-crafted platforming adventure, it deserves so much more attention than it got so far.

I don't think it would take an in-depth review to be posted, a short explanation and a link to the "atmosphere trailer" should easily capture what the game is about.
At least for me it is simply one of the best free indie games there are and I can't understand why there's apparently so little interest in it.

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #905 on: November 16, 2009, 05:02:59 PM »

[EDIT] I've decided to make a whole announcement topic for the game, since I'd like to say it's called for. I'll just leave this as-is Smiley
Stasis
A platform shooter like no other, developed by TeamSkyfire.
On behalf of our team leader, Sokota, I'm reaching out to you guys for some delicious front page support.  Kiss

Link to Game Maker Community topic

Sticky grenades for the win!

"It is the year 2072. The Pope. The English Prime Minister. Israel's top general. Missing. Something or someone is taking religious, political and military personnel hostage, using them for some bigger conspiracy. Before things get worse, the United States Military puts you, Patrick O'Grady, a Spec Ops veteran, into harm's way to try uncover what is going on. Something big is going on, and it's up to O'Grady to save us from a growing evil...the Red Tide."

Shotguns, sniper rifles, ladders and oh my--poor fellow's going to fall a spell!

"Stasis is an action/horror platformer developed by TeamSkyfire. The game will feature intense fights and fun battles. However, the actions and decisions you make in the story will affect your fate, creating more problems or easing them, in massive levels that will test your abilities as a soldier and as a leader. Can you defeat the Red Tide or will you join their cause? Will you do it alone or will you enlist allies? Attention to detail has been a priority of ours in this game, and we hope you appreciate it!"

Download Demo

We have a lot of ideas in store and in the works, that we hope to innovate the platform shooter genre.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 05:23:13 PM by Jakman4242 » Logged

Ninomojo
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #906 on: November 17, 2009, 07:08:25 AM »

I'd like to add Magnetis to the list, by my indie studio in Paris, Yullaby.
The game has yet to be reviewed in North America, it's just out on Steam and has just been approved by Nintendo for american WiiWare release. We do need more love for this game.

I put it already in the announcement thread here: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=8887.0, where there's also a link to the free soundtrack (that you should totally download because it's fucking awesome and you'll love it and I'm not saying that just because Im the one who made it!!  Beg  )

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #907 on: November 18, 2009, 06:10:06 PM »

I've gotta reinforce the suggestion of Umbrella Adventure. It's such a lovely, lengthy and well-crafted platforming adventure, it deserves so much more attention than it got so far.

I don't think it would take an in-depth review to be posted, a short explanation and a link to the "atmosphere trailer" should easily capture what the game is about.
At least for me it is simply one of the best free indie games there are and I can't understand why there's apparently so little interest in it.

i'm getting around to reviewing it. i really do want to finish it before reviewing it though, i don't like reviewing games i didn't see all of. another week at most and it'll be up.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #908 on: November 20, 2009, 09:26:37 AM »

I just realized I know the guy who made Umbrella Adventure from back when I was an active member over at ZFGC (Zelda Fan Game Central). He released Ark 22, which is the most impressive thing that site has ever produced even though it wasn't a Zelda fan game, about 6 months after I registered there.

I've never been able to play Ark 22 thoroughly, but still I gotta download Umbrella Adventure now, just to see how he's progressed since than (I imagine a lot).  Wink
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #909 on: November 21, 2009, 12:50:08 AM »

Well, I lost all my motivation to go on playing Ark 22 once I noticed that at least in the beginning hours it is such an very exact copy of A Link to the Past in many integral ways, which disappointed me pretty much. Especially in a sci-fi game I didn't expect to go chop bushes crystals for rupees credits with a sword energy blade (with exactly the same controls and weapon behaviour as in ALttP), go into a dungeon, solve block-moving-puzzles, etc.

Anyway, good thing Umbrella Adventure is so much more to my liking Smiley

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
raiten
« Reply #910 on: November 27, 2009, 08:05:22 AM »

http://www.maxgames.com/play/scamper-ghost.html

(flash game)

ScamperGhost, a really cool Pac-Man tribute (that plays nothing nothing like Pac-Man)
kyleguy87
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #911 on: December 01, 2009, 03:50:42 PM »

Military Nation
    A 4 week project, determined to make a game within an allocated time frame of 28 days, I think I ended up playing it more than testing it, but enjoy non the less.  If you can beat it on medium mode theirs a little surprise in the menu waiting for you.  Smiley

Game Type: Tower Defence
Video:

Download 11.5mb:
http://www.filefront.com/15039265/TowerDefense.rar/
Includes source code, executable, along with design document.

Thanks, Kyle

----------------------
http://www.hybridwolves.co.uk
zworp
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #912 on: December 02, 2009, 04:35:38 PM »

RIFT, (flash)
Move boxes, dodge lasers, fetch cake!

A unique retro puzzle platform game. You're a robot whose task is to collect cakes for your starving master.

http://devm-games.com/#rift

PaleFox
« Reply #913 on: December 02, 2009, 09:34:55 PM »

Just noticed that this game isn't here or on Indygamer; now might be a good time to mention it, since it was updated recently.

Triangle Wizard

Triangle Wizard is hack n slash; a sort of love letter to roguelikes, especially Nethack, and to dungeon crawlers in general. It is not a roguelike: it is more akin to Guantlet and the like, happening in real time and controlled by the mouse. You pick a race and class, of which there are many to choose from -- it's surprising to see the variety here, too, considering the generic nature of most RPG class structures. Although, as the name suggests, they all use magic, the choice ranges from the generic to the bizarre. One of my personal favorites is the so-called "Dungeon Master", who uses dungeon features to succeed, such as creating water and lava to drown enemies... well, ok, he dies a lot, but it's entertaining. Of course, eventually you may end up with a quite ridiculous amount of spells, since you will find them lying around everywhere (although getting them to high levels will require lots of luck -- or gold, more on that later). You can hit INSERT to have a look at the spellbook and which of the spells you currently have access to.

The game itself is not hard to explain: you move with WASD and aim with the mouse. Descend through the dungeon, kill enemies, cast spells, and, importantly, buy stuff in shops. These stores will contain some items out on display, but you can also special order any spell upgrade you choose for a fee, and you will want to upgrade your spells. It's just important to keep in mind that spells found on the ground may have a limited amount, but will often have a bonus to them which is lost on unlocking spell recharge for them.

I have to admit it's a fairly hard game, but I find it to be pretty fun to play. The whole ASCII thing is an interesting aesthetic, as well. I should mention that the screenshots here are of an older version: the ugly flare you see here on the health bars is now gone, and it looks better because of it. I'd get you some good screenshots of the newest version, but trying to do so generally causes me to die in a rain of lightning and capital Qs. There's a

up, too, though it's a bit outdated -- as is, somewhat, the tutorial: just know that when it says to use F1 to look up spells, it means F3. No, I don't know why, either. In any case,

give Triangle Wizard a try.

It's Windows only, sorry.
oblone
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #914 on: December 04, 2009, 12:39:09 PM »

We recently released our first game, Sun Blast, which is a Sci-Fi themed, 3D arcade space shooter for PC and Mac.
The game comes with unique features that you may find interesting: compatibility with the Wii Remote and support for HDTV resolutions.

You can visit the Sun Blast website to download a demo version:
http://www.sunblastthegame.com

You can also see the trailer here:

Some screenshots from the game:

Shade Jackrabbit
Level 10

TIME RANGER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #915 on: December 04, 2009, 01:57:54 PM »

I think Dark Fall: Lost Souls deserves a mention. It just got a digital download release, and will be selling retail in about a week. We really don't get many mentions of commercial indie adventure games.

I'd have given some of the creepier screenshots but I don't want to creep out any of the kiddies.  Smiley

["Thread Reader" - Read a thread.]
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #916 on: December 04, 2009, 11:49:10 PM »

Pixeljam Games, the devs behind such classics and Dino Run and Gamma Brothers, have come out with a new game: Mountain Maniac!

It seems to be a retro-mountain-pachinko-simulator. And it's definitely a whole buttload of fun.
Mutant-Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #917 on: December 14, 2009, 06:57:23 AM »

Cell & Love, the first iPhone game by Mutant Games is out!

The indie development studio Mutant Games has released its first iPhone and iPod Touch game! Cell & Love: The Fun of Fusion is a puzzle game with a new gameplay based on merging cells. It is already available on the App Store at only $1.99!

Have you ever asked yourself how cells join between them? Cell & Love is a good way to answer this question by using colors, sizes and a monstrous friend! Indeed, in Cell & Love, gamers have to help a little monster to raise his ultimate evolution stage solving 100 levels of puzzle, by joining cells with the fingers. The game objective is to clear the screen following four cells fusion rules. With more than eight hours of thinking entertainment and creative graphics, Cell & Love is a new kind of puzzle for the indie gamers!

This is our first game and we are really satisfied of the result. We've try to create something fresh, we hope people will love the game as much as we have appreciated to work on it!

Other Mutant Games projects are Colors Rain: World Tour and A Sweet Punishment. If you wish to know more, visit the official website www.mutant-games.com and follow Mutant Games on Twitter and Facebook. Cell & Love is already available on iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cell-love-the-fun-of-fusion/id335049607?mt=8

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #918 on: December 14, 2009, 03:57:50 PM »

@Shade, the website itself is freaking my out.  Will try.

@Valter, me loves Pixeljam.  Will try.
Theotherguy
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #919 on: December 17, 2009, 04:47:04 PM »

www.gamecreation.org/~beestruction

Welcome to the world of BeeStruction, a game which puts you in control of a swarm of killer scavenger bees, wreaking havoc on the environment and then using their bloody corpses to build up your hive in an eternal quest for more of the elusive 'cherry nectar.'

The main gameplay mechanic is sort of a combination of Pikmin and Katamari Damacy. The player starts with relatively few bees, and has to send them out to destroy plants, animals, and structures and drag them back to the hive. The more dead bodies piled on the hive, the more bees the player can support, and the bigger objects he/she can take on. The game is extraordinarily violent.

A trailer is available at

This game was developed by Game Creation Society,  a student-run organization at Carnegie Mellon University whose sole purpose is to develop small PC games in the course of a semester, and to teach the process of working on large video game projects. All aspects of the game development process are covered, from design to art, to programming and even marketing and distribution.

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic