Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 10:38:24 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting"Not for everyone cool game!" ;-) Check it out if it's so:-))
Poll
Question: How do you like it? Tell it to everyone!
Cool! - 2 (50%)
Not bad! - 2 (50%)
Arkanoid is not my game - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: "Not for everyone cool game!" ;-) Check it out if it's so:-))  (Read 9985 times)
ajhem
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2007, 07:08:11 AM »

Coolhttp://wellgames.com/free_online/hitz/Hitz.swf

September 07, 2007
Hello again guys ! Thank you for your suggestions, I think my original post should be changed. I've read all your remarks and now I think it's a nice forum with a nice gamers’ audience. I'm happy to be here. I was looking quite a long time to find something like this one.

When I wrote that this game is not for everyone I meant that not everybody likes arcanoids. That's it. Smiley But I think this one is not quite a standard. I hope it makes a little difference by it's graphics.

Anyway it's up to you to judge. The explanations how to play are below and inside of the game. Looking forward for your remarks!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 01:03:08 AM by ajhem » Logged
nayon
Level 5

dickfish

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 07:13:07 AM »

Perhaps add an explanation?

Also, how is it not for everyone? Isn't this just a standard paddle and ball game?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 07:15:00 AM by NaYoN » Logged

ajhem
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 07:38:02 AM »

It was just my first poll on this forum. So I even didn't know how to do that properly. Next time it would be better. :-)
Ha-ha... You are right. It's a paddle and ball game for everyone. I should add some pictures of it. Now I'm adding some explanations for the game.
Here they are:

Doesn’t matter if you enjoy playing brick buster games or not – you’ll love this arkanoid!
Move the platform by moving your mouse, bounce the ball towards the obstacles and break them.
Colored obstacles require multiple hits before they get broken.
Discover and collect 20 different bonuses, improve your breaking skills and have fun;)!

Anyway you can play it here: http://wellgames.com/free_online/hitz/
Hope you enjoy it!
nayon
Level 5

dickfish

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 07:58:49 AM »

Doesn’t matter if you enjoy playing brick buster games or not – you’ll love this arkanoid!

I hate arkanoid games and I didn't hate this one less... It's not about you, it's just not my style of game... But for an arkanoid, it looks cool

Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 09:31:23 AM »

Hello there!
I suggest that you change your first post to add some screenshots that show some gameplay. 

Do you need some feedback at all or simply want to know if it's cool or not?

And yes, I'm also wondering how this game is not for everyone Wink

Later!

nayon
Level 5

dickfish

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 10:12:08 AM »

And yes, I'm also wondering how this game is not for everyone Wink

Ha-ha... You are right. It's a paddle and ball game for everyone.

moshboy
Level 8

i am the sick feeling in the pit of your stomach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 09:11:01 PM »

Hmm.. can't say I enjoyed it much. Didn't feel awfully natural and also somewhat too slow in terms of ball movement, which in turn made it feel tedious, since every 'shape' had to be hit more than once to be destroyed. Also what's with some of the power-ups/downs? Don't quite understand the benefit of different bat-shapes... is it meant to add extra challenge?

Breakout clones definitely aren't for everyone, although since so many people make them, it would suggest that they are widely enjoyed or something..

I'll stick with Break Quest.

newgamers
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2019, 10:53:31 PM »

Forget about explanation, we can easily figure this out ourselves. I just want to know about controls of the game, which buttons are you using?

The brave new world it is, aye?
Narsiph
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2019, 08:44:15 AM »

Hey there.

I really like simulation games and therefore i can deal with things being slow. But sadly your game was so awful slow that i struggled to focus on it. Positive is that you use a different variety of paddles (why not change balls too with that?) and a few up and downgrades.

Also positive is that you used a different variety of block to destroy... well at least the first two levels. You changed it up and never hanged it again (at least not to my knowledge, i cant go on in this game, sorry).

It was boring to wait for connecting to a server and then having a loading time for the level too. Sure... highscores but for those kind of games i wanna stay offline and compete with friends instead with chea... ehm, i meant strangers.

What i dont get is that power-ups go from 'here you go' to 'iam obsolete now'. How about some points? At least some points for picking up power ups and downgrades. Or maybe loose points when you pickup a downgrade? That would sure change up stuff (for me).

In total i did not enjoy your version of block-breaker but i see some form of potential in it.

Stay crunchy.
nova++
Level 4

Real life space alien (not fake)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2019, 12:09:01 PM »

Did either of you notice that this thread is over twelve years old?

Narsiph
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2019, 02:40:15 PM »

Did either of you notice that this thread is over twelve years old?

I was not aware of that as the numbers where not my focus. I will not have such a mistake happen for a second time. Thank you for your notice.

Stay crunchy.
nova++
Level 4

Real life space alien (not fake)

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2019, 11:46:32 PM »

Honestly, I'm mainly impressed that the link still works after all this time

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic