Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 02:31:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfoliosDavid Vitas - Professional Composer - FREE RPG Music Pack Released!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: David Vitas - Professional Composer - FREE RPG Music Pack Released!  (Read 805 times)
vidvi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 27, 2015, 06:26:31 PM »

Greetings!

After another relatively long hiatus (original tigsource post #1), (original tigsource post #2), I'm back with a new demo reel, and more drive to compose music and make sound effects for your project(s)!

My name is David Vitas, and I'm a professional composer from Ontario Canada. I grew up on old Nintendo, Sega, and Sony hardware; therefore my inspiration stems from Japanese artists and nostalgic videogames. I also enjoy artists like BT, Hans Zimmer, Stevie Wonder, and Muse. My music palette is very broad.

I'm very proficient at making music that compliments any project or aesthetic style. As a sound designer, I enjoy making new sounds from scratch.

Music Samples

• Demo Reel - Take a listen, and let me know what you think! Feedback appreciated
  • Portfolio - Visit my Portfolio for more music
  • YouTube Channel - Most full tracks are hosted on my YouTube Channel

Education

• Pianist (classically trained)
  • Graduated from OIART with honours
  • 18 years playing piano
  • 7 years composing experience

Hardware and Software

I have my own home studio, and have experience with the following software:

• Pro Tools
  • Ableton Live
  • Kontakt 5 with several third party libraries (Spitfire, Heavyocity, Soundiron)
  • Omnisphere
  • Brainworx mixing plugins

I own a royalty free sound effects hybrid library that has close to 50 thousand sound effects. I use this library plus my own ingenuity to design custom sound effects for any kind of project.

Compensation

I prefer to assess each project on a case by case basis after we talk about the scope of the project and the music budget.

• Full-time: Negotiable
  • Contract work: Negotiable

What sets me apart from other composers and audio designers?

• Piano - Since I compose on the piano, I always write all my tunes there first. This means that I can send you the actual composition so you can okay it before I make the full instrumental. It's like I'm sending you the sketch before the full painting.
  • Time - My turn around time is very reasonable. I work good under pressure and can meet any deadline.
  • Professional - My work ethic is professional, but I'm also a very friendly and approachable guy. Shoot me a message!

If you want to strike up a project, visit my portfolio and shoot me an Email. You can also send me a private message on tigsource, or reply to this thread.

Thanks,

- David
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 07:27:32 AM by vidvi » Logged

Check out my musical work and send me some feedback!
vidvi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 07:22:27 AM »

I just released a new piano track. Check it out, and contact me for all your music needs!  Beer!

Time ♫Original Piano♫
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 07:26:25 AM by vidvi » Logged

vidvi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 07:24:30 AM »

After months of work in my spare time (and some very positive feedback on the Indie Game Developers Facebook Page), I'm proud to present my RPG Music Pack! The goal of this pack was to capture the style of old JRPGs that I grew up with, while also modernizing the sound. You can download the FREE loops off my website, and use them in your games. Tweet me if you do! @davidvitas.

RPG Music Pack - Loops Download
SoundCloud - Listening Link
Bandcamp - Listening Link

The listening links don't loop, so you'll have to download the loop-able files if you want to use them in your game.

I'm glad to give back to the gaming community. Let me know what you think of the pack. I'm also available for commissions! Email me.
Pack Usage License: CC-BY.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic