Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 11:55:51 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingTurnStyle
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: TurnStyle  (Read 1703 times)
HybridMind
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: February 28, 2009, 10:22:43 AM »

Howdy peeps,

I wanted to finally make the leap and post a game here I just finished yesterday for some feedback (of any kind) from all you thoughtful gents and ladies.   Gentleman

It is my first Flash / ActionScript 2.0 game (big thanks to CoolMoose for some great tutorial suggestions!!!)

TurnStyle on Kongregate page
TurnStyle on Mochiads page

(Full Disclosure: If you click those links I stand a chance to make about .00001 cents from Kong ads or Mochiads from playing my game...  Cool )

Description

TurnStyle is a unique visual and memory based puzzle game where each of the 15 puzzles are original illustrations that follow a complete story arc over the duration of the game.

Every puzzle is made up of individual pieces which have been randomly rotated so that they are scrambled each time. You must work quickly and efficiently to rotate the individual pieces into the proper alignment before the timer runs out.

There are easy, medium, and hard difficulty puzzles mainly guided by the amount of individual image pieces that make up each puzzle and the way that I break up the images into pieces.

Personal best records are stored locally for score and rotation count per puzzle. Global high scores may be submitted to the Mochi Leaderboards at any puzzle progress screen. You are able to retry a level if the time runs out.

Further Information:

I spent a lot of February working on this game.  Just the artwork for the puzzles took over a week. I had to create over 15 B&W illustrations, color them, and then split them into the individual image slices that make up each puzzle.  It was great fun!  I also got to go through the Kongregate shootorials to learn Flash / AS2. 

This game play concept was originally created because of my competition entry into the Mini-Ludum Dare #7 Cryptozoology Themed 48hrs contest.  I also made TurnStyle completely in Ruby/Gosu before porting it to Flash/AS2. 

I have learned a great deal about the MochiAds API and Mochi leadboard API.  I am also using MochiAds encryption and version control system which seems really cool and easy so far.

I'm open to hearing any of your thoughts about my game, thanks for playing if you get a chance!

Also, I'd be happy to share any experiences on the things I my have learned from the above integration and porting to Flash/AS2/MochiAds etc.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic