Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 07:43:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesMad Max: The Game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mad Max: The Game  (Read 1066 times)
Dragonmaw
« on: September 03, 2015, 01:54:09 PM »

I kinda like it.

Let's talk about it.
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 01:58:04 PM »

I can't play it because my computer = potato.

If anyone asks I'll be in Technical trying to figure out if there is some good to C++ compared to C.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 02:16:25 PM »

it looks like another asscreed/arkham mashup to me. the problem is that shadow of mordor has the incredibly rad nemesis system and this game doesn't. so SoM wins by default. maybe i'll get it in half a year when it goes on sale.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 10:52:52 AM »

On the flipside, Shadow of Mordor's Nemesis system loses its interestingness at halfway through, and car combat will never not be interesting Wink
Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 11:04:21 AM »

On the flipside, Shadow of Mordor's Nemesis system loses its interestingness at halfway through, and car combat will never not be interesting Wink

Yeah I was kind of hoping it would be an open world Twisted Metal. The weak 3rd person shooter stuff is just gravy.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 09:59:07 AM »

HI HELLO I HAVE THIS GAME NOW THANKS

it runs like absolute shit on my comp even at low settings despite everyone claiming how awesome the performance is. dum  Hand Thumbs Down Left

so far it has nice weighty animations and does a good job capturing the atmosphere of fury road. unfortunately the game mainly recycles mechanics from every other open world action gam from the last 5 years and it feels like i've already played it a 100 times. idk if vehicle building is going to be enough to make me wanna sit through grand theft arkham creed but we'll see.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 10:09:42 AM »

it runs like absolute shit on my comp even at low settings despite everyone claiming how awesome the performance is.
sadly, this days "good performance" means "is not framerate locked and has no obvious bugs" so 120fps gamer-tower guys are not upset.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2015, 02:10:33 AM »

seems like it was some sort of graphics card driver bug in this case tho

i updated my drivers and now the game does run pretty well on medium settings (probably better than graphically comparable games).

verdict is still the same btw: really on-point atmosphere and art direction, i just wish the actual game was more interesting.

cynicalsandel
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2015, 10:46:03 AM »

i don't know how long i played it but you had to through story missions to unlock upgrades for the car and i just wanted to drive around chumping people and upgrading my car how i wanted. this chumbucket character too, bleh.

also, i was playing on ps4 so this might not affect other people but every object of significance has a little ui circle above it even though you have to press x to interact with it so i kept wasting ammo pressing circle instead of x.

MeshGearFox
Level 9

When you have no one, no one can hurt you.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2015, 09:51:09 PM »

wow that was larged.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 06:03:43 PM by Dragonmaw » Logged

Sik
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2015, 07:35:40 PM »

The only Mad Max game I acknowledge is Outlander:

i.i
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2016, 10:42:12 PM »

Bought this game because of this thread. Actually really pleased. Good fun.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic