Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411517 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 10:14:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDiaries of a Spaceport Janitor - an anti-adventure game by SUNDAE MONTH
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Diaries of a Spaceport Janitor - an anti-adventure game by SUNDAE MONTH  (Read 11541 times)
PRDXCL
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2015, 04:15:03 PM »

PLAYED IT, ITS HOT. THE GFX / VIBE ARE EXCELENT.

NOT SURE ABOUT THE GUI ATM (text would be nice pixeld mayb?)
Mr Speaker
Level 0

Mr Speaker: @mrspeaker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2015, 04:36:32 PM »

I think this game is really interesting and look forward to seeing how it develops. I did the survey and gave a bunch of feedback, but I gotta know... how the heck do you get OUT of your apartment (apologies if it was written in the instructions/splash screen - I'm a human, I don't read things)
archgame
Level 2

I program architecture and build video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2015, 04:45:10 PM »

EDIT: whoops, totally didn't notice the survey, was too hyped to get straight to playing the game didn't even bother reading everything.

It was so great to get to play this, I really got the experience I was looking for. I could keep heaping on the priase, but I know you did this with the intention of looking for feedback so I've made a list below.

1) Camera. I found most of the time I used the view right behind the player, I never really went into bird's eye view. It was a little tricky at first controlling the camera, I wonder if you could make it so that the camera doesn't move unless I'm also holding down a mouse button (this is something I recently had to implement in our game). I noticed you can freeze the camera, but when I unfreeze it jumps to the player, could you add a lerp transition?).

2) I really wanted to interact with all the characters, but there was no talk button that I could find.

3) pulling up the inventory with "i" sort of makes sense, but it felt weird and far away from the other keys

4) I was confused about what to do when it said I was tired? My battery was low and I couldn't incinerate things, so I was kind of at a loss, maybe this is the anti-adventure you are after?

EDIT: Played it again and noticed the apartment behind me when I started, I wonder if they player should just start in the apartment?

5) It wasn't clear what I was supposed to do in the red-glowing boxes, it said I didn't have enough credit to enter?

I'm glad you didn't include a map, it really forced me to explore the place (found a lot of great food stands). I really enjoyed the change to night and how the port felt empty when the npc's disappeared. Lastly, the noises of the people when I walked by them were perfect! are there audio sources attached to each npc or is there a track in the background? These coupled with the music was one of the most memorable parts of the game, great job!

I can imagine this game being one part in a much larger series (diaries of a space emperor maid, diaries of a space hostel cook, diaries of a space port gas attendant, etc.) where each game could be played individually or together to create this world. Really stoked if you can't tell!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 10:50:40 AM by Archgame » Logged

JohnB
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2015, 03:07:09 PM »

Oh yeah, that's a ton of fun. Like, way more than I thought it would be, and I thought it would be way extra fun. It's got this simple Pokemon-style "catch 'em all" quality to it, while at the same time providing the satisfaction of cleaning the place up, sort of like washing off graffiti in Super Mario Sunshine or stacking blocks in a puzzle game. Really looking forward to the full release!

2) I really wanted to interact with all the characters, but there was no talk button that I could find.

I wouldn't want any dialogue to interrupt the game. Maybe some of them could repeat their "hello" greeting if you used a talk button, but otherwise, I sort of enjoyed the people as background.

4) I was confused about what to do when it said I was tired? My battery was low and I couldn't incinerate things, so I was kind of at a loss, maybe this is the anti-adventure you are after?

When you're tired, go back to your apartment and sleep.

I'm glad you didn't include a map, it really forced me to explore the place

Same here!

I'm a writer. I write words for games. Example: Bitcoin Billionaire, Freaking Meatbags.
migrafael
Level 3

Making games, two at a time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2015, 06:13:50 AM »

This looks beyond good. HAs that Jet Set Radio Future feel to it that I love. Definatly trying the demo later today. Also will go through all the devlog and learn as much as i can about the project.

Keep it up!  Smiley

On STEAM »
mirrorfish
Level 1

?!?! ... It's just a box.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2015, 09:24:10 AM »

Grabbed the build and tried it. Absolutely love the look of this. Beautiful and charming, great audio, great atmosphere. I ate a piece of garbage and got high out of mind 11/10 would trip again.

Musho
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2015, 04:35:12 AM »

I just have to say i'm super stoked! Played swords of delvine for a couple of days and i absolutely love it. This is everything i want in a game. The only thing i kinda miss is some kind of progress, maybe? Maybe being able to light candles and extract funds from credit chips. Idk.

Also, IS there an eye of beb in this version? I cant for the life of me find any.

Anyways, keep up the good work! And have a nice holiday.
goshki
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2016, 02:31:36 AM »

Definitely gotta try it.

Islandh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2016, 04:19:11 AM »

I´ve have some troubles playing this on my Mac (indoor is fine, but outdoor crashes after like 30sec...). Really looking forward to this! Amazing style and atmosphere!
Golds
Loves Juno
Level 10

Juno sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2016, 09:40:56 AM »

I absolutely love the style and ambiance of this game. I've been waiting for a proper expansion of this kind of visual aesthetic since I first saw Yume Nikke 3d, but your team is bringing so much more. It looks like a whole fleshed out world with character & mood.  Totally excited to play this.  Cave Story

@doomlaser, mark johns
Bradford Horton
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2016, 06:31:33 AM »

Hello again everyone! It's been a little while since we posted an update here, and a lot has happened!

Most notably, we've partnered with indie games publisher tinyBuild to bring Diaries to Steam and consoles!

Here is a cool bulleted list of other things that have emerged in Diaries over the past ~year;

• A fully implemented main quest with multiple sub-quests, each of which has distinct completion requirements!
  • A to-do list that will help you keep track of all that!
  • Buying and selling items from scrap collectors and treasure hunters!

• Mysterious Necresses who will read your fortune and foretell your fate!
  • Choosing a favored goddess who will watch over you and judge your actions!

• Less bugs and glitches!
  • More polish!
  • An options menu, with settings like "2007 Mode", "Color Sensitivity Mode", and "GHOSTS"!
  • Hints!
  • Lots of new items, including credit chips that give you money!

• "Customizable" item shelves to decorate your apartment with things you find!
  • Muggings!
  • Speech sounds which correspond to specific conversational partners, with more than 25 unique voices!
  • New weather states!

• An ending!

Connect with us on Facebook, tumblr and Twitter for news and updates!
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2016, 01:56:33 PM »

Error establishing a database connection

Sad Any other way I can sign up for the beta?

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic