Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 07:54:38 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsWall Blender
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Wall Blender  (Read 913 times)
Tasty-Lempons
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2015, 06:03:44 AM »

Wall Blender

Overview

Wall Blender is a 2D Action/Puzzle Platformer. The player solves puzzles and defeats enemies by changing their color, or the color of the enemies. Game characters pass through walls or ground of the same color.The player can has the ability to change colors, different colors are unlocked as the game progresses leading to more complicated levels and puzzles. If the player is the same color as the ground or wall they will pass through it.

Main Character: Jim

Jim will be able to change to six different colors. Jim will also have the ability to throw paint at enemies, this will change the enemies color.

Enemy: Splat

These are the basic enemy, they patrol around and if come into contact with the main character Jim, will change his color to their color. There will be more enemies added with different abilities, such as the ability to fly, or hide in the wet paint on the ground.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 08:18:32 AM by Tasty-Lempons » Logged

EddieBytes
Level 1

I have ideas, and I'm not afraid to use them

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 07:07:38 AM »

I'm actually curious to know more about the mechanics at play. The description doesn't say that much... Sad

Check out our thread for Boltus
Tasty-Lempons
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 07:43:38 AM »

The player can has the ability to change colors, different colors are unlocked as the game progresses leading to more complicated levels and puzzles. If the player is the same color as the ground or wall they will pass through it.

The same rules apply to enemies, so the best way to defeat enemies is to change their color to the color of the floor making them fall through and die. You change the enemies color by shooting paint at them (paint color is relative to player color). Hopefully this gives you a better understanding, i'm going to upload gameplay asap.

Tasty-Lempons
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 05:31:58 AM »

Got some more animations of the main character in the different colors.

These colors will be unlocked as the game progresses, so on the first level you will only be able to change between red and blue. As you progress you will unlock more colors. Enemies will also have different colors which can only be changed if the player shoots at them with their colored paint.

We have the main mechanics for the game done, they will need polishing improved but for now we are focusing on get all the new art into the game. We will probably spend most of this time setting up the animations etc.

Tasty-Lempons
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 01:48:51 PM »

Worked on some menu design today.
Still debating whether or not I like the colors but they can easily be changed. I previously had a menu set up, but it was just placeholders to test the save game and load game menu's.

This is the load game screen, 6 slots so a total of 6 save games. Save games can be overwritten if needed.

The main menu screen will look like image below

The background image will also be animated in the future, it may also change completely, i'm kind of feeling like a multicolored waterfall in the background might be nice (or maybe nauseating).

Let me know your thoughts on the buttons and there colors, any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic