Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 05:52:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallIn Another Brothel
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: In Another Brothel  (Read 14567 times)
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2009, 01:53:09 PM »

Jacon Zinman-Jeanes. So, no.

Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2009, 03:05:18 PM »

Oh.  Sad

Well, at least now I know!  Smiley  I can stalk him even more, now.  Noir

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2009, 12:04:07 PM »

I just got a mail from some french company, that wants to offer IAB as a download on their site, and from what I can tell, include it in one of their CDs/DVDs in a magazine. If you're french, tell me if you see it!

(it's from the dudes who "publish several video games and computing magazines in French such as but not limited to : Windows News, Windows XP Magazine, Windows Vista Magazine, Micro Actuel, PC Achat, Internet Pratique, Computer Arts, PC Jeux, Jeux Vidéo Magazine, PlayStation Magazine, PSM3, Consoles +, Joystick, Kid Paddle, XBOX 360 Magazine, Nintendo Magazine, Joypad, T3, Download Magazine and Fiches Pratiques.". so it'll probably be in one of those)

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2009, 03:22:08 PM »

I just got a mail from some french company, that wants to offer IAB as a download on their site, and from what I can tell, include it in one of their CDs/DVDs in a magazine. If you're french, tell me if you see it!

(it's from the dudes who "publish several video games and computing magazines in French such as but not limited to : Windows News, Windows XP Magazine, Windows Vista Magazine, Micro Actuel, PC Achat, Internet Pratique, Computer Arts, PC Jeux, Jeux Vidéo Magazine, PlayStation Magazine, PSM3, Consoles +, Joystick, Kid Paddle, XBOX 360 Magazine, Nintendo Magazine, Joypad, T3, Download Magazine and Fiches Pratiques.". so it'll probably be in one of those)

Nintendo Magazine for sure.... oh wait.

Congrats Andreas :D

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2009, 04:42:46 PM »

Ooh, they did that a lot with RPGMaker games over here back in the day. Maybe they still do now. Good job man Hand Thumbs Up Left Smiley
medieval
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2009, 11:57:26 AM »

i dun made some fan art
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2009, 12:56:32 PM »

Awesome :D

konjak
Level 4

Bad to the bone.

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2009, 01:11:04 AM »

Hideous, this was made in Construct, right?

Would you say it has now become a viable platform? Because it entices me verily.
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2009, 01:21:22 AM »

Yeah, definitely. It's really very useable right now, I didn't come across any huge problems on the way (except that editing animations for objects that exist across several layouts = crash, but that ought to be fixed soon).

deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2009, 01:47:24 AM »

I don't know about "viable" but yeah, it's definitely usable.

I would say it's probably around 92% hassle-free.  That's a number I've just pulled straight out of my ass, but it sounds about right to me.

tweet tweet @j_younger
konjak
Level 4

Bad to the bone.

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2009, 04:29:13 AM »

Hmm, so I might consider starting a game engine in it then?
Renton
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2009, 08:50:52 AM »

Construct is top bollocks and and you should do it.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2009, 09:55:22 AM »

It's nice and everything but keep in mind it's still very unstable and some things change overnight. also, I miss 3D capabilities (my custom blitz 3D engine is top bollocks for 3D stuff being mixed with 2D).
But yeah it beats GM and MMF.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2009, 09:58:04 AM »

Also why does every avatar in this thread seem to be suffering from migraine or sthg?
NOT VERY GENTLEMANLY.

deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2009, 10:38:03 AM »

Well, GM and MMF both have their strong points, namely completeness and stability.  Construct is great and all but I don't want to give anyone the wrong impression.  If you use it, you will still run into a few remaining problems.  Granted, there are very few big, crashy problems left.  For the most part you're going to run into the less annoying "I have to find a workaround for this" kind of bugs, or you'll butt up against features that aren't yet complete.

It is a nice environment to work with, though.  And it doesn't hurt to learn the ins and outs while waiting for v1.0 to come around (which should be just a handful of months away, at the rate the devs are working Smiley)

Though I will say, when Legend of Princess was released I couldn't help but wonder how much better it would have run in Construct (I had the usual MMF slowdown when playing it).

Edit:
Yikes, it looks like we've derailed your thread, Hideous Tongue

tweet tweet @j_younger
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2009, 11:24:18 AM »

I cant seem to run most construct games.  I get plug in errors or something like that.  I update direct x a million times but it doesn't fix it :I
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2009, 11:40:33 AM »

shit makes fucking small exes BTW

deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2009, 12:10:41 PM »

I cant seem to run most construct games.  I get plug in errors or something like that.  I update direct x a million times but it doesn't fix it :I

Shit sucks, man Sad

I'd hit up the forum and post your problems with it.  I'm sure the developers would be more than eager to fix such an issue.  I see you have an account there, you should use it Wink.  It would help make Construct a better product.

tweet tweet @j_younger
Mipe
Level 10

Migrating to imagination.

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2009, 12:50:21 PM »

Is that from running the compiled exes or project files (.cap) in Construct? If the latter, there are some games that use customized plugins; also, some may have been made in newer version.

If it is the compiled exe... well, then please do report this, as all plugins are supposed to be compiled within the exe. :s
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2009, 03:03:05 PM »

Are you sure you have the latest DirectX? Microsoft's shit naming doesn't help with that Sad (There are like, 28 DirectX 9.0c)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic