Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 06:10:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCockpit CompetitionOrchestraitor: The Black Maestro [prototype2]
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Orchestraitor: The Black Maestro [prototype2]  (Read 7528 times)
nayon
Level 5

dickfish

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2009, 06:39:32 AM »

Prototype2 here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mtnjnj2n1o2/orchestraitor_proto2.rar

Prototype here: http://www.mediafire.com/?yrglkdimdyl

-------------------
This game is about an orchestra chef who used to work as an ex-black ops. He is the maestro in the most prestigious orchestra house now, and the president himself will come to see his ensemble. But his old contacts give him intel on a sticky situation: someone plans to assassinate the president during the concert. Now the Maestro must prevent the death of the president AND orchestrate a symphony!

You, as the player, take control of the maestro. You control the orchestra with mouse gestures, and also when you see an assassin, you must take out your pistol to shoot any assassins. But you must not break the flow of the music in the meantime, lest you risk losing your reputation as maestro.

The cockpit in this game will be the "whatever is the name for the thing that they put in front of the maestro that contains note information and such etc."
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 01:04:16 PM by nayon » Logged

ElTipejoLoco
Level 2

You can call me Edua.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 06:51:20 AM »

You had me at orchestra chef.

Currently brainstorming for a project
nayon
Level 5

dickfish

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 06:52:56 AM »

That's mean to be chief  Durr...? :D

It's a mistake caused by thinking of some words in Turkish and typing in english, because in Turkish there isn't much differentation between chief and chef, they're both "şef" :D

ElTipejoLoco
Level 2

You can call me Edua.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 07:24:44 AM »

Still, you have to admit that it would make the character ridiculously more memorable if he didn't look like he would fit within an orchestra house.

That aside, if I wasn't so worried about my own project, I'd gladly offer to sprite for you, Nayon. Gentleman If you tell me a screen resolution I can come back to you with something mock-uppy, at least.

nayon
Level 5

dickfish

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 07:44:36 AM »

Ingame shot with WIP graphics:

It's 800x600, and the graphics are totally wip and they suck.

The game works like this, you click on a player to make him play/stop his instrument. At times, an assassin appears, then you must click on your gun and click on the assassin. But remember to put it back, or you accidentally shoot an orchestra member. More details will come as I work them out. The gameplay will be more detailed, this is just the preliminary idea.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 07:48:40 AM by nayon » Logged

nayon
Level 5

dickfish

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 10:15:19 AM »

Some cellists and violinists.

The Black CHEF is kickin' ass and takin' names.

The bodyguards are willing to die for the president.

TooMuchSpareTime
Level 3

Came for the VGNG comp, stayed for the other stuff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 06:24:11 PM »

This is brilliant. One of my "ideas" for this compo was "Guitar Hero but you're a conductor and the orchestra is your control panel"... but I couldn't really think of anything extra that would twist it into something new and interesting....

Whereas you did.  Beer!
Crackerblocks
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 07:37:20 PM »

This sounds exquisite.  A wee bit of a stretch to call that a cockpit, but not like you're the only one applying some creative lateral thinking to the theme. I hope you pull it off.

One silly idea: give bonus points for using the percussion to mask the sound of gunfire.
nayon
Level 5

dickfish

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 09:41:01 PM »

There will be several meters in the "cockpit", signifying the mood of the audience. There will be boredom, stress, and one more thing I thought would be cool to add but forgot about. The reason there are 3 violinists and 3 cellists is that each of them play in different keys. If you play in the same key too long, you bore the crowd. Then you must add in some percussion or some more tense keys. But doing that too much, coupled with gunshots, stresses out the crowd, so you must play more laid back keys, and drop the tempo (you can manipulate tempo by mouse gestures). Also hiding gunshots with percussion is good. That's the idea I got right now.

Also you must be careful to drop the gun while clicking on the orchestra or you shoot them :D
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 09:48:00 PM by nayon » Logged

nayon
Level 5

dickfish

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 05:24:29 AM »

Here have a prototype with musics and basic mechanics.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yrglkdimdyl

nayon
Level 5

dickfish

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 01:06:08 PM »

Prototype 2: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mtnjnj2n1o2/orchestraitor_proto2.rar

This one is quite complicated. Only the patience thing is active right now. The audience slowly gets bored all the time, and you have to make the orchestra play to make them unbored. But playing one instrument for too long bores them even more. So you gotta vary. And each instrument affects the patience of the audience differently. So experiment.

Oh, and don't forget to keep the president alive!

nayon
Level 5

dickfish

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 02:14:01 PM »

why no care?  Sad I'm not sure which direction I should take this towards and I feel really unmotivated to work when nobody replies to a topic... Is it too complicated? Too weird? At least say something...?

increpare
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2009, 02:45:13 PM »

i quite like this idea.  i hadn't noticed this thread recently. i like the idea though, and I'll check it out later on tonight Smiley  (I shouldn't say anything without playing it i guess)
pgil
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2009, 02:49:15 PM »

Just tried it. I think it's pretty cool. I like the idea of handling two totally different things at once. I think there should be more visuals indicating whether you're holding the gun though. Maybe display the conductor's hand holding a gun or baton?

EDIT: I find when I'm concentrating on the orchestra, it's hard to tell when an assassin appears. Maybe they should make a sound, or move in from the side.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 02:53:28 PM by pgil » Logged
ElTipejoLoco
Level 2

You can call me Edua.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2009, 03:01:15 PM »

I feel the same way about Cogito Machina due to prof. dead's sudden activity drop, but you must persevere, Lavelle!

That aside, I've been doodling something for this for a while. I'll post something soon, though I think it may look too sketchy and you may not like it (I'd rather sprite it), but ah well. Soon!

Acid
Level 1

A ninja is you!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2009, 04:58:16 PM »

You do not know the awesome you have created! This was fun and hilarious! When I was finished I went on a rampage and killed my orchestra and a member of the crowd. But when I shot one of the crowd members an error message came up and closed the game.
nayon
Level 5

dickfish

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2009, 11:19:49 PM »

I feel the same way about Cogito Machina due to prof. dead's sudden activity drop, but you must persevere, Lavelle!

That aside, I've been doodling something for this for a while. I'll post something soon, though I think it may look too sketchy and you may not like it (I'd rather sprite it), but ah well. Soon!

I'm making the game, not stephen :D

The error I know of, but the dude you shot was the president! :D

Thanks for the attention, I don't think I'd abandon this :D

YagerX
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2009, 11:57:22 PM »

"whatever is the name for the thing that they put in front of the maestro that contains note information and such etc."

That would be a Score my good friend.  Wink

nayon
Level 5

dickfish

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2009, 02:57:55 AM »

Yeah that's the score but I was trying to find a name for the stand that holds the score :D I guess it doesn't have a special name.

Pishtaco
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2009, 06:19:12 AM »

Yeah that's the score but I was trying to find a name for the stand that holds the score :D I guess it doesn't have a special name.

The music stand.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic