Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 19, 2024, 02:55:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCockpit CompetitionOrchestraitor: The Black Maestro [prototype2]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Orchestraitor: The Black Maestro [prototype2]  (Read 7518 times)
nayon
Level 5

dickfish

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2009, 06:23:36 AM »

Oh yeah. Thanks. By the way, someone said I should have an indicator of whether the player is holding the gun. That defeats the purpose! You're SUPPOSED to be confused as to whether you're holding a gun or not.

By the way, I also implemented the tolerance thing. Now  need to implement tempo, draw the audience, make an online highscore table, and maybe add a sound for assassins appearing since someone mentioned it. I'm not sure about the last one though.

I'm hopeful ElTipejoLoco can come up with something, that'd be awesome. Other than that, and some other small difficulty tunings, and the things I mentioned, it's almost done!

increpare
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2009, 09:56:42 AM »

is there a way to keep their interest up? (banging on drums seems to do it for a moment)

also, I think the orchestra sounds just fine when everyone's playing...

maybe have the crowd have expressions that reflect their irritation?

maybe have the score in front of you tell you what should be playing/not playing at a given time?
mirosurabu
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2009, 10:52:10 AM »

They should play

just so that when they kill president, you feel sad.

Anyways, the idea is interesting. In fact, I had similar for this compo (DJ'ing) initially, but it wasn't requiring multi-tasking as this one.

One issue: I have problem experimenting what increases their attention. Perhaps, if there was indicator above each instrument/member showing how much their part is interesting, it'd be more interesting/easier?
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic