Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411476 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 03:20:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallShifter's Box - Outside In
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Shifter's Box - Outside In  (Read 2656 times)
Ben304
Level 0

Neato!

View Profile WWW
« on: March 01, 2009, 04:39:47 PM »

Sally is taking a walk outside one fine day when she comes across a strange box.

Curious as to who would leave such a strange box lying around, she opens it - only to find herself in a very strange place indeed.

Help Sally uncover the true nature of the box and find her way home!

Control Sally with your left (use) and right (look) mouse buttons!

Download link here.
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 07:52:17 PM »

Nice Smiley

I'm enjoying it so far, just reached the area in the screenshot above.  It's rather easy compared to some adventure games, though.  At least... so far Smiley

The art and writing is really good, though.

tweet tweet @j_younger
ElTipejoLoco
Level 2

You can call me Edua.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 05:59:06 AM »

Really short. But really endearing. A bit straightforward for my tastes, though, but maybe I'm just too used to Sam & Max: Hit The Road.

The graphics are great and cute, though, and I really like what you've done with the narration (if the game was longer, though, I might get a little annoyed, if only it wasn't a Gentleman).

Currently brainstorming for a project
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 09:41:39 AM »

Sally is taking a walk outside one fine day when she comes across a strange box.

Curious as to who would leave such a strange box lying around, she opens it - only to find herself in a very strange place indeed.
Search for the flying fish.

(Downloading now)

Edit: Indiegamesweblog'd
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 01:35:08 PM by Cheater » Logged
Ben304
Level 0

Neato!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 04:19:58 PM »

Deadeye - Thanks for playing, and I'm glad you've enjoyed. Hope you like the rest of it Smiley

ElTipejoLoco - I like Sam and Max: Hit the Road, but after a childhood spent wandering through screens trying to combine everything with everything I try not to put those sort of puzzles in. Glad you like the narrator  Gentleman

Cheater - I searched for the flying fish but only found a floating jellyfish  Giggle. And hooray for being weblog'd  Grin
kaputtnik
Level 0

Roll over, Stravinsky!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 10:40:45 AM »

Hand Fork Left Hand Knife Right

Soundtrack of the game available at http://erdbeertelefon.net/en/soundflies - food safe, partly synthetic. Eat.

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana. | www.56kmodern.com - game truth, shun error.
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 11:30:07 AM »

This is incredible Shocked

Sadly I suck so hard at those kind of games I can't get past the second screen. Give me a month and I'll report back on my progress :D

EDIT:
So I finished it. This made my day!

I often think that I will check in on the announcements childboard and be surprised by a completely un-hyped, humble but good little game that provides some time of fun and maybe a thought or two. It is very seldom that actually happens, but this was one of those rare days.

Sometimes it's nice to take some time off from the violence and play a sympathetic game like this one. I liked the "childhood magic" feeling of how the box was controlled. Very cute Smiley

The only thing I found irritating was that when you have an item equipped it's a bit hard to get rid of it. If you click an item in the inventory with that item equipped you want to return it to the inventory, not combine it with itself.
And a bug report(SPOILER):When you have talked to Rochelle you can go back to the door and manipualte it again, and Rochelle will spawn again.

Five thumbs up  Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Up Right, I'm looking forward to whatever you are doing next. Welcome to the forum, glad you joined us Gentleman

Also I love it when freeware games says "thanks for playing" at the end. That's the spirit Tears of JoyHand Shake Right
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 11:57:04 AM by JLJac » Logged
Ben304
Level 0

Neato!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2009, 07:41:58 PM »

Thanks JLJac  Gentleman

I really appreciate you trying it and also giving feedback! Sorry about the bug and the annoying gui situation, I'm still trying to figure out the perfect gui for my games.

Really good to hear you enjoyed, thanks for your welcome, and I hope to have some more stuff for you to play soon Smiley.
Iamthejuggler
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2009, 06:22:25 AM »

That was fantastic. I loved the artwork, music and the excellent writing. It was a bit easy, but that's fine. I'd rather that than the ridiculously convoluted solutions these games often have to problems. The length was also just right. A nice short endearing game all around. Kudos!  Gentleman
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic