Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 18, 2024, 11:46:41 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCockpit CompetitionSkyrakerGC (Canceled)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: SkyrakerGC (Canceled)  (Read 2299 times)
Starflier
Level 2

I can't see how this could possibly go wrong...

View Profile WWW
« on: March 01, 2009, 07:16:01 PM »

<!-- Just a note, I promised myself I'd enter the next compo, and when I saw the theme I said: "AwlRIGHTY! A compotition that lets me develop a gameplay concept I've had buzzing around in my brain for quite some time!" Just like that. Out loud. Yes I'm lying. -->

SkyrakerGC is a top-down shootemup that requires the player to perform menial computer-related tasks on the ship's HUD.

(Yes, my one-line game concept has the words menial and tasks in it. Yes I suspect it might be horrible. No I don't care.)

An example would be upgrading your weapons; If an enemy drops a weapon, first you have to catch and install it with your remote manipulator arm, burn a control chip with a sodering gun, establish a wifi connection, (hacking it if necessary) translate an alien webpage, and download the drivers. This wouldn't have to be done every time obviously, or necessarily in that order.
While the GCOS complicates some things that normal shooters make simple, it also makes new actions possible, such as hacking the alien mothership's mainframe to slave small drones, or possibly win a boss battle.
The only way I can see this being a fun game is a relatively high level of complexity; Unfortunately, that might get me caught, so I have a backup project JIC.

EDIT: Bit off more than I could chew I'm afraid... No wai I'm getting this done by Monday.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 07:08:40 PM by Starflier » Logged

Metal Snail Idea Workshop - Hey, there's actually a website there now X(
Cats in the Kitchen - It's a comic about cooking, and the cooks that do it...
Starflier
Level 2

I can't see how this could possibly go wrong...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 07:15:48 AM »

okay, okay, yeesh...

Metal Snail Idea Workshop - Hey, there's actually a website there now X(
Cats in the Kitchen - It's a comic about cooking, and the cooks that do it...
Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 09:27:46 AM »

Sounds like a great idea! I look forward to screenshots and stuff.

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic