Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 04:26:53 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTrashomancer - An online COOP trashy monsters roguelike
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Trashomancer - An online COOP trashy monsters roguelike  (Read 15077 times)
stringkiller
Level 1

Fat Pixel

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2016, 12:30:35 AM »

Update 24

We began implementing some of the already drawn weapons and we started creating some fire for the flamethrower!

Everybody loves a flamethrower!

PS: I soviet gaming the dragon carries you.

< check out the devlog! or Twitter!
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2016, 05:48:50 AM »

Your soviet is good.. very good.   Hand Thumbs Up Left Well, hello there! Hand Thumbs Up Right

Cranktrain
Level 4

making gams

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2016, 06:39:44 AM »

Love the cat-gun, I want to shoot cats at things. And that flame particle effect is particularly delicious.

HelloComics
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2016, 09:27:37 AM »

Very nice looking game. It caught my attention right away. I love your whacky character designs, your choice of colours and the excellent animations. Looking forward to more!

Shirsh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2016, 01:10:57 PM »

But ALL trashomancers so cool and different, can't we have just a choice which one to play/roleplay?
It's roguelike, how awesome could that be: beaten frog or ashamed whip-lady came back with grumpy faces (I mean their minions failed and not came back?) and there's dog, like a boss "amateurs, I'll show you how it should be done"
Maybe with different effects for the creatures they raise? More quick and jumpy but less strong, "tanks" ones, etc? Chance to find or use special pieces of garbage, like bones for dog's creatures? Synergy of different guys for coop?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 01:24:03 PM by Shirsh » Logged

longneckgames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2016, 09:29:52 PM »

Very nice! this looks great, and i definitely enjoy the quirkiness of the characters/items and what not! keep up the great work!
stringkiller
Level 1

Fat Pixel

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2016, 11:23:01 AM »

Thanks for the kind comments guys!

@Shirsh We have considered adding a "class" system for the game wich sets other rules for each playthrough. We either had different trashomancers as you suggest or hats. We've already made some hats since one of them will be used for sure and they are faster to add while the trash items are being made. The different trashomancers option has some conflicts with the goal we want to add to the ending of the game making it more a bit more difficult to implement and also with multiplayer (different players would share the trashomancer) but we'll decide if we'll have different trashomancers or hats as the game development progresses.
We think your suggestion is cooler but the hats are easier to do, so we'll decide later. Thanks a lot for the feedback! glad to see you get the spirit of the game  Smiley.

Update 25

We had some trouble that slowed down the development of the game waaay more than we would like, but we haven't stopped yet. Here are some of the weapons that are in the way (they still need graphical and balance tweaks):

Guns, low dmg, easy to land, big clips!
Laser guns, flashy and easy to land, really low dmg
Rockets, every shooting game needs these
Surprise!

We have to tweak specially the big explosion trails and we'd like to add some popcorn to that corncob XD. All the dmg values and even some projectile speeds are still heavily temporary.

We also have some mocks to a new environment, but we haven't even decided on the colour scheme, this is going to take long:

As you can see we are trying to avoid the typical dungeony-castle environment at all costs xD. We want the cave to be the only typical environment in these games while the rest all have quirky stuff.

stringkiller
Level 1

Fat Pixel

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2016, 05:49:57 AM »

Update 26

The development of the new environment assets became a bit stale so we've been working steadily on weapons. Here's a quick recap up on the ones we've been showing on twitter:

Saw guns and weird blue hedgehog launchers :D

This one shoots bouncing pumpkins

This is the first batch of stake launchers, they jerk due to gif capture Sad

And this is the second and more firey second one.
Explosions were also slightly reworked to be more similar to fire

Last but not least we tried to make a cool but easy to read way of picking up weapons. First we thought about items with auras on them. The aura colour would determine the type of item (weapon, trash piece or power up). But we've settled (for now at least) for literal icons with frames on them, at least for weapons and power ups:

frame colour and shape will change depending on rarity and item type

It's very likely that trash items looks fairly different to make it cooler to interact with them.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 11:10:16 AM by stringkiller » Logged

Pixel Noise
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2016, 07:48:28 AM »

I think the icons are clear and look like they'll work well.

And these weapons. I can't even. Hedgehog launcher  Gentleman

Pixel Noise - professional composition/sound design studio.
 https://soundcloud.com/pixel-noise
 https://twitter.com/PixelNoiseMusic
 https://pixelnoisemusic.bandcamp.com/

Recently completed the ReallyGoodBattle OST!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=vgf-4DjU5q
passion053
Level 0

Team. DandyLion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: September 04, 2016, 05:18:32 PM »

Oh man! your pixel art so lovely and animation are really smooth Grin I'll follow this!

koalefant
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2016, 10:17:18 PM »

Looks awesome! Grin Looking at the characters, this should have Army of Lovers soundtrack...  Gentleman

Working on a grappling-hook game about frogs DevLog
Eluardian
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 05, 2016, 05:21:56 AM »

Stake launchers look rad, but is there also a Steak launcher in the pipeline?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic