Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 11:28:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSpiritSphere [Release]
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Print
Author Topic: SpiritSphere [Release]  (Read 17474 times)
ashtonmorris
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: July 13, 2016, 05:11:47 PM »

Lookin good. Happy to see your progress on this!

Best of luck with the release!!

Ashton Morris - Composer & Sound Designer

Roah * Bomblsinger * Goliath * Wings of Vi * Lemma * Bit Heroes * Star Command Galaxies

http://www.ashtonmorris.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ashtonmorris
Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 17, 2016, 02:32:53 PM »

Lookin good. Happy to see your progress on this!

Best of luck with the release!!

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 18, 2016, 01:53:44 PM »

Oh, wow, I didn't realise you had a devlog for this when you asked for help that time. Didn't find it until now that I saw your thread about when to release. Nice!

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2016, 04:08:35 PM »

Oh, wow, I didn't realise you had a devlog for this when you asked for help that time. Didn't find it until now that I saw your thread about when to release. Nice!
Now you know :D I'm more active on twitter nowadays though.

Less than a week till the game comes out, yikes.
I stopped all development a week ago and focused on other things, best decision ever. Though I'm starting to get a bit nervous, there is no stress at all!

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 29, 2016, 06:38:50 AM »

So the game has released 2 days, been super crazy busy since then, but things are starting to settle down a bit now.
I asked the users what they want to see next, and it seems like 4 player mode is the most popular choice, so I'll be adding that soon after a few bugfixes  Coffee

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 01, 2016, 02:06:28 PM »

I've been working on a competitive stage that draws inspiration from windjammers;

I am absolutely clueless what to do with the ground next to the arena. Every color I use just turns out ugly. It's supposed to be an ancient arena, so I figured either a stone or muddy surface would work, but ugh it just ruins it  WTF

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 01, 2016, 06:24:41 PM »

I managed to figure something out.

Pretty happy with this stage! Still need to redo the benches and some outlines, but my finger is dying right now so I'll finish that later.

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 06, 2016, 07:47:11 PM »

I ended making the stage 2 tiles less high, and a tile less wide. I'm not sure if I should shrink the width an additional tile yet, I will have to see how playtesting goes.

How is the floor on your eyes? I don't notice it anymore, but when I first played the floor was a bit uneasy to look at.

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 07, 2016, 05:30:59 AM »

looks good to me  Hand Thumbs Up Right

always thought it was a cat before Tongue
Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 07, 2016, 02:33:53 PM »

looks good to me  Hand Thumbs Up Right

always thought it was a cat before Tongue
Haha, you don't want to know how many times I hear people say "oh I'll play as the cat" at events :p

lobstersteve
« Reply #130 on: August 23, 2016, 08:21:59 AM »

That's not a cat? what a twist  Waaagh!
Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 24, 2016, 11:07:05 AM »

That's not a cat? what a twist  Waaagh!
It was just the final shock factor the game needed  Cool

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 10, 2016, 01:19:31 PM »

I've been working on some top secret stuff so I haven't had much to show lately.

I've been also been working on Fennel, from TurtleBlaze's game Intergalactic Road Warriors.
Fennel's movement feels quite unique, slow acceleration but high speed.
The character is all about trading mobility for speed; It takes a few frames before you hit top speed, making it hard to change direction.
The dash will be chargeable, so you can do a short dash if you want mobility, but if you want more speed you will have to sit still for a bit and wait till the charge is complete.

The low acceleration makes it feel like there is some weight on the car, feels quite unique and fits the character :D

I'm actually doing a character trade with TurtleBlaze, they're putting Lin in their game and she's looking super sweet!

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: September 11, 2016, 09:03:49 AM »

Hey Eendhoorn - saw your indie life video about not being able to use a mouse for health reasons.
I have no idea what those are, BUT - I've had troubles using mice; have gone though a dozen ergonomic, gaming trackball & regular mice.. until I found the legendary http://handshoemouse.com/ designed by orthopedic doctors. It even comes with a poster.

Posting here in case anyone else looking on has issues using a badly designed mouse. Our health is an important and overlooked topic in indiedev!

Keep up the fantastic production, I'm excited for SpiritSphere Smiley

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 11, 2016, 08:08:32 PM »

Hey Eendhoorn - saw your indie life video about not being able to use a mouse for health reasons.
I have no idea what those are, BUT - I've had troubles using mice; have gone though a dozen ergonomic, gaming trackball & regular mice.. until I found the legendary http://handshoemouse.com/ designed by orthopedic doctors. It even comes with a poster.

Posting here in case anyone else looking on has issues using a badly designed mouse. Our health is an important and overlooked topic in indiedev!

Keep up the fantastic production, I'm excited for SpiritSphere Smiley
Oh I haven't watched the video because I hate looking at myself haha. I have the handshoe mouse! Though I lost it somewhere in the house, doh. It wasn't of any help to me unfortunately though

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: September 13, 2016, 06:28:17 PM »

Sorry to hear Sad I'm curious what your status is that prevents use of mouse? Sorry if this is too personal or OT just curious.

Is SpiritSphere online multiplayer?

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 14, 2016, 05:43:32 AM »

Sorry to hear Sad I'm curious what your status is that prevents use of mouse? Sorry if this is too personal or OT just curious.

Is SpiritSphere online multiplayer?
I wish I knew,  my joints just hurt unbearably when using a mouse,  and my muscles get very tense after a few minutes. I have some weird bumps on my finger/toes joints so something weird is definitely  going on. The doctors say it's just "old age",  at 27 :p

SpiritSphere is local only!

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 17, 2016, 12:49:14 PM »

Fennel is almost done!

Forstride
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 17, 2016, 02:39:01 PM »

I haven't played the game yet (Want to though...Looks really cool!), but I keep noticing in the GIFs that text (Score and the messages that the little spirit says specifically) is kind of blurry.  I'm probably the only one that even cares, but I figured I'd mention it.

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 18, 2016, 10:22:07 AM »

I haven't played the game yet (Want to though...Looks really cool!), but I keep noticing in the GIFs that text (Score and the messages that the little spirit says specifically) is kind of blurry.  I'm probably the only one that even cares, but I figured I'd mention it.
Yeah I know Sad I hate unity's UI system with a passion,  I just can't get it sharp

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic