Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 02:42:04 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSpiritSphere [Release]
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Print
Author Topic: SpiritSphere [Release]  (Read 17455 times)
Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 10, 2016, 07:02:44 PM »

So I've been working on some top-secret stuffs for a while now;

That's right, SpiritSphere will get a mobile version!

I also made some moves for Taya.

Both moves are references from two series I really enjoyed, it was nice to put some love into that  Coffee
I might change the last one into a fireball, I will have to playtest that

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 14, 2016, 05:47:07 PM »

I've been working on the final stage, which is supposed to be an epic boss type stage with a reference to a "certain" boss from a "certain" video game  Durr...?
My art skills are failing me though, but this is what I have s far.

Which one do you guys prefer so far?

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 21, 2016, 02:30:17 PM »

I finished the final stage art. Made it a bit more deterioated and aged. I also added a pipe orchan, which will play a part in the release trailer, but I don't think I will be able to fit it into the playable stage.

I also started on the final character his animations.

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 29, 2017, 11:45:41 AM »

So SpiritSphere released 6 days ago on steam. Here's the release trailer;

I'm quite sad to say that up until now the sales have been extremely dissapointing. Since July 26 if I made a total of 302 sales. After a year of development, that puts me to less than a month worth of salary on minimum wage.

The game has been received well by the players, and I have 88% positive rating on steam.
SpiritSphere is a local multiplayer game, but most of the press seem to only play the singleplayer mode and score based on that. No one in the press seemed to have even touched the 4 player mode.

Additionaly, someone seems to have scored the game on July 13, 2 weeks before the early-access, and more than 6 months before full release. His remarks were that it's a good game but there is not enough content. Since that was the only review, my game now displays his low score on metacritic and gamerankings, and other press is following his example.

It's a bit sad that I didn't manage to get any coverage by a single big youtuber or website. It turned out that the guy who does my PR had been very ill and was only able to sent out half of the press releases. I don't blame him though, he had to hospitalized so that was very unfortunate for both of us.

For now I will focus on steam sales and give the game a hefty discount to try to attract new players, and may consider offering the game for bundles in the summer.

whistlerat
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 30, 2017, 03:03:06 AM »

Sorry sales haven't been as high as you expected, but I'll be sure to pick this up soon, I didn't realise it was released! I've been quietly following this devlog and have enjoyed watching its development a lot. I'll be sure to get some mileage out of its local multiplayer with my husband! Toast Right

CleanShirt21
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 30, 2017, 02:46:56 PM »

It's sad to hear the game hasn't sold as much as you'd hope, it looks great and I'll definitely be picking up soon. I think the fact that you are working on a mobile version is a great idea though, it seems really suited to the platform and I think it has the potential to do really well.

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 31, 2017, 02:24:43 PM »

It's sad to hear the game hasn't sold as much as you'd hope, it looks great and I'll definitely be picking up soon. I think the fact that you are working on a mobile version is a great idea though, it seems really suited to the platform and I think it has the potential to do really well.
Yeah it might give the steam game a little boost as well. Though I'm taking a few weeks of rest from SpiritSphere now to reflect on everything.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic