Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411478 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 06:23:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesUndertale
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]
Print
Author Topic: Undertale  (Read 51593 times)
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: March 19, 2016, 11:15:25 PM »

I absolutely agree. It's a pretty core piece of Undertale's story though, so I wonder how it can be executed in other games without feeling like it's just an Undertale rip-off?

Use other limitations and quirks of the medium. They haven't all been explored in depth yet. Imagine a game where having state-saves like in emulators would be a feature of the game that it fully embraces for an example, and you'd end up living in several versions of the same world at the same time to fully beat the game. It would be like saving just before making the imperial/stormcloak choice in skyrim, but then as you switch saves the game actually acknowledges that and is influenced by it. It could be a really cool concept if done well, and there are many more such quirks for people to take advantage of.

FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

OOOOOH! >:O

View Profile WWW
« Reply #421 on: March 20, 2016, 02:56:03 AM »

I think I remember Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter had some things going on a lil like that.
The game had some extra things going on if you died and "continued" instead of reloading. It showed you extra scenes.
Im not entirely sure how it worked or what it did exactly, but I remember something like that.

The game also had more content on new game + in a way that was kind of weird and didnt really make in-world sense.
Nothing as  m e t a   as what's going on in undertale tho of course.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 03:19:12 AM by FrankieSmileShow » Logged

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 20, 2016, 09:26:45 AM »

In the same way that I was gifted Undertale by Nillo, I have now gifted a copy of Undertale to one of my friends. The cycle is complete, another soul shall be consumed by the memes of sans, flowey and goat mom.

I am now free.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #423 on: March 20, 2016, 09:51:12 AM »

tsunderplane made me laugh

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 22, 2016, 01:17:54 AM »

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
zilluss
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 01, 2016, 03:37:51 PM »

Finally gotten around to play the game. It was pretty good, but OH MY GOD THE SOUNDTRACK IS FUCKING AMAZING. Not only are the melodies memorable af but the way he uses leitmotifs and rhytms to convey meaning are really awesome.

Recently an Undertale interpretation video popped up in my playlist. It basically says that the barrier is a symbol for weaknesses that keep you down and the monsters can't pass because they lack determination to overcome the weaknesses on their own. They can only pass through the players help. Which sounds about right. Link to said video:

@zilluss | Devlog  Hand Point Right
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 01, 2016, 03:41:08 PM »

Which sound like my interpretation too with my theory of chara/asriel/flowey/finsk (not seen the video) lol

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 09, 2016, 09:49:05 PM »

Here, have a mashup of "through fire and flames" and "Undertale"
https://soundcloud.com/wendyfag/through-the-core-and-ruins

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic