Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 02:48:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGame recommendations thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: Game recommendations thread  (Read 9674 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2015, 10:10:19 AM »

harvest moon

great post, thanks!

one problem is that back to nature isnt on euro psn and story of seasons hasn't come out in europe yet either (we only have the natsume 3ds harvest moons that everyone says are crap).

i DO kinda want a pure/barebones experience. i always feel awkward starting with late titles in a long running franchise because they usually have a bunch of additional stuff aimed at long term fans that doesnt really interest me that much. i kinda just want the basic harvest moon formula haha. i might get a used copy of hm64 but id prefer something i can play on a handheld, so it looks like mineral town is my ticket.
ernanir
Level 2

Hello World

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2015, 01:41:17 PM »

Hello guys! I would love some recommendation of platform-puzzle games.
I'm looking for games similar to these (They need to be available @ steam):

Braid
Swapper
Talos Principle
Out there somewhere
Fez
LIMBO
Portal 2
Escape Goat 2
Toki Tori
So many me
Teslagrad

Thank you

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2015, 01:58:21 PM »

There's a handy thread for this: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=48269.0

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2015, 03:07:42 PM »

merged with other thread.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 03:41:16 PM by Silbereisen » Logged
ernanir
Level 2

Hello World

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2015, 03:09:21 PM »

merged with other thread.

Thank you!

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2015, 03:41:23 PM »

anyway, puzzle platformers arent really my genre, but donkey kong 94 for the original gameboy is pretty good.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2015, 04:43:00 PM »

Gateways is fantastic and super cheap in the sale.
You say Toki Tori, but if you haven't played the sequel then you absolutely must. It's one of the best puzzle platformers I've played.
Antichamber is excellent and a "mindfuck" even though I hate that term.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2015, 11:59:10 AM »

has anyone played the game "monstrum"?

the concept sounded pretty neat (procgenned hide&seek survival horror) but ive seen some youtube vids and they made me kinda doubt the game's quality. is it any good?
Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2015, 01:49:06 PM »

Quote from: Tanner
bottom line: if you want an older, more pure hm experience, play (more) friends of mineral town on the gba.

HM 64 cuts even more of the fat. I prefer the music and atmosphere as well, but I'm biased.
My understanding was that Back to Nature was a port of 64, which was then ported to GBA as Friends of Mineral Town. I haven't played 64, though, so I'm just going on things I've read. I'll check it out soon.

BTN is pretty much a port with some differences in writing and the like. FOM is a remake, and stylistically a bridge between the former games and modern take on the series. It has more stuff.
SousaVilla
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2015, 07:26:22 AM »

Braid
Swapper
Talos Principle
Out there somewhere
Fez
LIMBO
Portal 2
Escape Goat 2
Toki Tori
So many me
Teslagrad

Thank you

Championship kaiten patissier is a hard and free puzzle platform game, the gimmick is that you swap the x and y axis. It's not on steam, but since is free I don't think you'll have trouble getting it. There's also two other games in the series, Kaiten Patissier and Ura Kaiten Patissier, which are easier than this one. I never managed to beat it, lol, but I'm not into puzzle games in general.Take a look:

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2015, 04:25:10 AM »

Is lords of the fallen any good (from a souls fan perspective)? Ive heard some people call it a complete trainwreck but you know, internet hyperbole.
SousaVilla
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2015, 07:00:04 AM »

No, it isn't. It's terrible, in my opinion. Even after a bunch of patches the game still had some annoying glitches, but the worst part of it is the design. Locations were uninteresting, npcs were bad, the story lacked any good moment, etc. The last half of the game was rushed and full of plot holes. There's none of those Souls moments like finding the ash lake and exploration is nothing to write home about. It's worse than dark souls 2 by a large margin.

good points: even though your character is heavy and slow, combat had some satisfying moments. Some battle set pieces were good, some enemies designs also, and I had a lot of fun in some boss fights. Nothing extremely original, just the cool feeling of learning enemies patterns, hitting them and then stepping out of danger. The combat system had some cool original ideas, like the combo system and how you could avoid using savepoints and put yourself in danger to raise your item drop chance.

Overall, it lacked any level of polish that souls game have, even dks2.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2015, 02:55:42 PM »

ok i'll pass on it then and wait till it's 10 euros lol

next question: now that the hype has died down, is THE LAST OF US still worth playing?  the ps4 remaster is 50% off on psn right now.
Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2015, 05:26:02 PM »

next question: now that the hype has died down, is THE LAST OF US still worth playing?  the ps4 remaster is 50% off on psn right now.

Yes. The gameplay may be a bit typical (of 3rd person cover-shooters), but I enjoyed it all the same. Voice acting and script was handled very well, and the environments are well crafted. I found it gripping in some instances. It kind of surprised me since Uncharted turned me off.

Pro-tip: always craft a spare shiv
quan
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2015, 11:47:00 PM »

Yeah it's a pretty cool game, like faust said the gameplay is standard triple a action game stuff but the environments are pretty nice and the writing is good. The violence is brutal but I think that lends things a lot of impact and helps illustrate that violence isn't just "good guys vs bad guys".

Also I know this is tangent but boy I wish they didn't put "zombies" in that game, really felt unnecessary. 
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2015, 08:54:28 AM »

Are there any good free games that are like 2D Ninja Gaiden or Oniken?

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
SousaVilla
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2015, 10:42:47 AM »

Does Nikujin fits?

Its short and sweet, with some amout of depth even if don't seem obvious at first. The same designer made Teppoman and Hakaiman.
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2015, 10:44:13 AM »

Yes but can I unlock clothes. WTF

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
SousaVilla
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2015, 01:56:06 PM »

Why would anyone want to do that?
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2015, 01:56:52 PM »

the gameplay is standard triple a action game stuff  

yeah that is whats keeping me from trying it because standard triple A action games are, let's say, *not one of my favorite genres*

ive heard the gameplay in last of us compared to resident evil 4 tho which is a game i like a lot.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic