Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 12:34:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsImmortal Redneck - Old-School FPS + Roguelite + Egypt
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Author Topic: Immortal Redneck - Old-School FPS + Roguelite + Egypt  (Read 26325 times)
YaW
Level 1

CremaGames

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2016, 11:49:14 PM »

Just skipped through your devlog and I have to say you did very well, especially on the lighting and the atmosphere. Personally, because of the setting, I would have sneaked in slow passages of exploration, but of course you did the right thing here with Serious Sam in mind.

Thank you! In the game, the dungeons are random each time you enter in a pyramid so we tried to do it as big as possible to give the user this sense of randomness!

When do you plan to release the game? Great work so far!

We are still in the alpha stage and we don't know exactly.  - We are in the good way!! For now, the past week we presented our first demo to the audience and the feedback was very positive :D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 01:51:07 AM by YaW » Logged

YaW
Level 1

CremaGames

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2016, 01:51:46 AM »

What a difference a color makes? Today we’re going to talk to you about the LUT Color Correction in 'Immortal Redneck'. No! Don’t run! It’s not as complicated as it seems. We promise, we’ll keep it easy. “LUT” stands for “Look Up Table”, the color corrections that you need to do in order to convert your original source to the result you want. Think on a caterpillar that grows in a chrysalis to become a butterfly: The caterpillar is the original version, the butterfly is the version you want to… and LUT is the chrysalis, where the magic happens.

Think that the colors in a game are dramatically important, and the correct choice of them will help to make your game a success or a failure. No pressure. First, we need to take a screenshot of our game (in this case, ‘Immortal Redneck’, of course), and then upload it to an image editing program (probably Photoshop, although you may choose your favourite one). So far, so easy, right? Well, now the tricky part begins. Stay with us!

Now you have to edit your picture and set the colors you want, adjust the saturation, amplify colors and, when you’re happy, export the image again to Unity. Magically, all the colors will be applied because the Asset “read” the changes in the palette of colors and applies them to the video game scene. Of course, sometimes the result may be the one you like, and sometimes it can be too much. But in order to succeed and make the best game possible, you have to try!

Maybe you have some doubts about the process, but don't worry! We made a video just for you showing a tutorial in an image that we wanted to adjust. Enjoy!

Ludipe
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: May 09, 2016, 05:48:08 AM »

Wow, the game looks amazing guys! :-D

And your regular updates are really appreciated.

YaW
Level 1

CremaGames

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: May 10, 2016, 01:00:28 AM »

Wow, the game looks amazing guys! :-D

And your regular updates are really appreciated.

Thank you so much!!  Toast Right

YaW
Level 1

CremaGames

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2016, 03:56:16 AM »

If you are in ‘Immortal redneck’, locked inside a pyramid full of enemies fuelled by the unique desire of killing you… Probably you are going to need some power-ups to face them and go outside the pyramid covered in monster’s goo. That’s why you’re going to need the scrolls! Each one of the scrolls that you find in a dungeon (inside a chest, or when you kill an enemy) will give you a power-up that you’ll be able to use just during that dungeon: when and if you die, the effect of the scroll will disappear and you will start from scratch.

That’s not necessarily bad – some of the scrolls don’t even have positive effects: They may harm you… Or modify the redneck in hilarious ways! We didn’t say that ‘Immortal Redneck’ was an easy game, did us? Let’s take a look at some of the scrolls that you’ll find in your way. Yep, this is going to be a bumpy, scroll-y road.

Agility

How many times have you fallen on lava while jumping to reach another platform? We know, twice each morning, just before breakfast. The typical situation! With this scroll, the redneck can avoid the gym: It has one extra jump! Perfect for reaching further platforms, running easier from the enemies and making its life easier. Sadly, it doesn’t protect him from being burned if he falls into lava, so… Be careful!

Bull’s Eye

You are in the fair, trying to shoot a toothpick with a shotgun in order to win a teddy bear. But… What’s happening? The shotgun is failing all the time and the bullet goes wherever it wants. That’s it! You definitely need this scroll… Because, of course, you’re not in the fair shooting toothpicks: You’re in an ancient pyramid shooting skulls and monsters! With this power-up, you will be able to be more accurate with your weapons and hit the target just where you want to hit it. Another monster bites the dust!

Compass

Are you a genius reading maps? Well, in ‘Immortal Redneck’ that doesn’t mean anything. Why? Because there are some special rooms that introduces final bosses, chests or power-ups… But you’ll never know where these special rooms are or what exit will bring you there. Unless you pick the Compass scroll, of course, that will point at the special rooms in your map, making your life much, much easier. Don’t get lost anymore!

Dracula

Are you prepared to became the Vampire King, the undead Nosferatu or, as we usually know him, Dracula? You don’t need to be bitten by another vampire: you just need to pick up this scroll! With it in your hands, when you kill an enemy, your life bar will rise! You don’t need to kill to survive anymore: Now you need to kill if you want to be healed! Listen to you, children of the night!

LuckyShot

Don’t you love when a plan comes together? With LuckyShot, you have more opportunities of doing so: with this scroll in your hands, you have the double of chances to make a critical shot. Your enemies will die earlier with this scroll in your hands, and believe us, you’re going to be thankful for it when everybody attacks you at once!

Metamorphosis

Do you want to quote ‘Back to the future’ and say “What’s wrong, chickens?” to the bad guys in the pyramid? Well, with this scroll at least they couldn’t answer “Nobody calls me chicken!”… Because, with each shot, they have a (very little) chance to become a harmless animal: A chicken! Imagine one of our biggest and most dangerous enemies become just an inoffensive chicken that couldn’t do anything but peck and cluck. You don’t seem that dangerous now, puny Skull! The Metamorphosis scroll only works sometimes, but who knows when are you going to be lucky?

Mr Wayne

The enemies are coming for you at full speed but you can’t shoot at them quickly enough… Or can you? Take this special scroll and you’ll be able to shoot quickly all your weapons – even the quicker ones! One bang after another and no enemy will be able to touch you! Keep in mind – The bullets aren’t unlimited, with or without the scroll. Don’t let yourself go with your new ability!

Pay Day

Do you want to be like Scrooge McDuck and dive into a coin pool? Well, we don’t know if you can afford to do it in the real life, but with the Pay Day scroll, you will be able to do it inside ‘Immortal Redneck’. Why? Because you will collect more gold than before! Buy better abilities, be the best redneck you can be and embrace your gold. Your precious, precious gold…

Radionic Glasses

If you are tired of being attacked and your enemies take you always by surprise, put on these glasses. They may not be hip or modern, but they will allow you to see the enemies in the mini-map. Ha! Those suckers won’t surprise you again! Note that you don’t need to be short-sighted to use them!

Shit

Wow!! Finally, you have a stinky, horrible and dark shit on your head! The dream of your life! So, yes, this is it. Yep. A shit. In your head. Welp.

Telekinesis

Do you want to take the TV remote from the table but you are too lazy to get up and move your butt? Then you have to take this scroll and use the telekinesis! Take the far away objects with just the move of your hand! This is really useful in those really big, big dungeons where you don’t want to walk through all of it again and again.

And this is just the beginning: ‘Immortal redneck’ will have more than 60 scrolls that will allow you to have everything, from revealing the whole map to have the gravity of Mars in the stage. Thanks to these scrolls, each game will be different and new! Scroll up!

swordofkings128
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 19, 2016, 11:28:16 AM »

Turning-things-into-chickens scroll is my favorite by far! I'm also a big fan of shiny, expressive icons like these. They're beautiful! I also really dig the mummy bandage motif you got going on with them... the mummy cowboy hat is just too cool hehe!

wzol
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 19, 2016, 11:41:15 AM »

The light effects are especially well done, congrats!  Beer!

YaW
Level 1

CremaGames

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: May 20, 2016, 02:25:42 AM »

Turning-things-into-chickens scroll is my favorite by far! I'm also a big fan of shiny, expressive icons like these. They're beautiful! I also really dig the mummy bandage motif you got going on with them... the mummy cowboy hat is just too cool hehe!

Thank you! When you see it in action, the chicken scroll is especially fun and useful. And thank you for noticing the bandage trend we have in the scrolls Wink

The light effects are especially well done, congrats!  Beer!

Thank you!! :D We put a lot of effort in them, it's nice to see that it worthed the time!

YaW
Level 1

CremaGames

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: May 23, 2016, 03:24:56 AM »

Hi!

I have GREAT NEWS to share.

The first one: We won the BEST GAME award at GameBoss 16 in Zaragoza!

The second one: We were selected by Unity to showcase our game in Unite Europe in Amsterdam next week. This is a big step for us!

The third one: We finally have a gameplay video that we can show and say "Hey, this looks like the final version of our game (more or lesss). Please, enjoy.

bitbeast
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2016, 05:21:15 AM »

The second one: We were selected by Unity to showcase our game in Unite Europe in Amsterdam next week. This is a big step for us!

I knew I had seen this game before Smiley Though I did not play it myself I watched a few others play it and it was very impressive!

YaW
Level 1

CremaGames

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: June 14, 2016, 12:22:02 AM »

I knew I had seen this game before Smiley Though I did not play it myself I watched a few others play it and it was very impressive!

Thank you!! We will be in other events across Europe so... Stay tuned!! Smiley

Also, we have new classes:

Sekhmet

She is the goddess of health, so her main ability is turn every item into steaks, recovering her HP easily. Also, when you visit a new room, your max HP increases by one.

Apis

He is the god of strength. His main ability makes him invulnerable during four seconds. Also, it can have 4 weapons, although it can jump only once.

And one little secret we can't unveil yet...

« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 12:37:26 AM by YaW » Logged

YaW
Level 1

CremaGames

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: June 20, 2016, 02:40:53 AM »

Quick update to show you our new class: AMUNET, the goddess of invisibility!

Soon, you'll be able to see all our new classes in movement!

Meanwhile, we want to stop a little bit and relax looking at some of the scenarios of Immortal Redneck. Because not everything is about killing ancient monsters!!

Soon, we'll be back with guns, bad guys killed and much more of the stuff you know you love.

lithander
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: June 20, 2016, 06:44:38 AM »

I'm not sure I like the humor but I sure like everything else. Gameplay video really looked fun. A bit like a mix of Spelunky & Tower of Guns! And these animated character shots make me want to have something like that as desktop background!

YaW
Level 1

CremaGames

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: June 22, 2016, 01:57:09 AM »

I'm not sure I like the humor but I sure like everything else. Gameplay video really looked fun. A bit like a mix of Spelunky & Tower of Guns! And these animated character shots make me want to have something like that as desktop background!

Well, this is not a comedy game, it just has some humorous bits! Smiley

I'm very happpy with your kind words!! Thank you!! :D

YaW
Level 1

CremaGames

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: July 04, 2016, 04:27:41 AM »

So, we were at GameLab in Barcelona and it was great! A lot of people, a lot of feedback, a lot of good games!

But we are not standing still...

And we are prepared to kill it!

Immortal Redneck is going to be a boom!

Soon, we'll talk about how did we implemented the controllers in the game. A little bit technical, but interesting!

joemusashi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 04, 2016, 09:22:33 AM »

I played it on Gamelab! Cool game Smiley
YaW
Level 1

CremaGames

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: July 05, 2016, 01:09:15 AM »

I played it on Gamelab! Cool game Smiley

Thank you! :D

YaW
Level 1

CremaGames

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: July 06, 2016, 01:51:06 AM »

Soon, we'll talk about how did we implemented the controllers in the game. A little bit technical, but interesting!

Said and done! Enjoy! Wink

Different controllers, different assets

There is some wars that no one will ever win: Pizza with pineapple versus pizza without pineapple, ‘Star wars’ versus ‘Star trek’, Sony versus Nintendo… And, of course, keyboard and mouse versus gamepad. We have acknowledged this issue at CremaGames and, although we can’t give a final word and decide who won in these battles, we can give you all the possible options to enjoy ‘Immortal Redneck’!

You may be a FPS purist and play ‘Immortal Redneck’ with keyboard and mouse, but if you prefer to use a gamepad, you’ll be available to do it too: Even if you want to change the controls through the game, you’ll be able to do it easily! Imagine that you’re playing with a Xbox One gamepad, but you want to change something in the Options menu with the mouse: You just have to touch the mouse to change the control again!

Although Unity has its own input manager, we decided to go with other plugin: Rewired, a system that works with native input. We needed a system which allows you to change gamepads dynamically, being able to connect and disconnect really quickly. Rewired, and therefore ‘Immortal Redneck’, will allow the support for a lot of gamepads, both officials and extra-officials. With Rewired, the buttons of the controller you connect will appear in the game without any lag or quality loss, as the system will recognize it immediately.

Now, this is a little bit difficult to explain, but we have to try it. Try to understand! Open your ears! The asset doesn't work with buttons, but with actions. We’ll try to explain it better: Rewired links actions with buttons changing our way to work. We ask Rewired if the player wants to do an action that has been mapped by default in a series of configurable buttons, not if it touches the button itself. You can select a different button for each action, or even the same button for two or more actions. Therefore, the action associated to each button will change depending on the action map you're at the moment (for example, while you're playing or while you're looking at the Menu).

Probably you'll have one question: How are we going to make a difference while playing with the gamepad? We use UFPS, a FPS asset that we modified (as UFPS doesn’t work with Rewired, but with the Unity input manager instead) and that offered us changes in aiming sensibility and the possibility to accelerate (or decelerate) the speed of the gamepad. Although UFPS and Rewired helped us a lot, playing with gamepad was, still, a great handicap, so we created an auto-aim system. But this is a story for another Devlog. We'll talk more about UFPS and auto-aim in the next devlog, so, if you want to know more about how the 'Immortal Redneck' experience is going to be on consoles, stay tuned!

YaW
Level 1

CremaGames

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: July 15, 2016, 04:29:27 AM »

We have introduced a couple of new things in the game.

We changed the lava...

Introduced new weapons...

The ability to climb...

A new effect for the deaths...

And much more!! We are killing it!! Do you like the new features??

YaW
Level 1

CremaGames

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: August 05, 2016, 04:19:41 AM »

A little update: If you want to play Immortal Redneck with a gameoad, we will allow you to do it easily. How? With this auto-aim system. Check out:

We explain it better in our devlog, of course: http://cremagames.com/blog/2016/07/28/the-auto-aim-for-the-gamepad-devlog-28/

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic