Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411905 Posts in 69428 Topics- by 58475 Members - Latest Member: tpat14

June 09, 2024, 07:34:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsLove Language Japanese, a dating sim/E-learning experience
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Love Language Japanese, a dating sim/E-learning experience  (Read 2492 times)
Papurika.moe
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2015, 12:40:32 AM »

Love Language Japanese Y1GE trailer :

First and foremost, English is not my mother tongue; please excuse any errors on my part.

I was a bit hesitant to share our project on TIG, I have been following this forum (on a personal account) for years, I bought many games that I discovered here and I still enjoy coming everyday and discover new projects.
The fact is, our project genre is not something you would see a lot around here and it has a tendency to be a Love or Hate kind of response. Yes it is a Visual Novel/Dating sim, that being said, bare with us a little longer because there is way more to it than you can think at first glance.

We are a small team of foreigners living in Japan, we all worked or are still working in the game industry for years and we wanted to do something on our own. We love games, and pretty much any kind of game without much discrimination so when it cane to decide what genre we were heading to, the Visual Novel/Dating sim was an option as valid as it gets being here in Japan.

But we wanted more, we wanted something that relate to our personal experience here in Japan and without much thinking it appears that the thing we experienced all was the process of learning Japanese. That was it, a Visual novel/Dating sim and a E-learning experience in one game.  

As the player, you will spend 3 month (a full trimester) in a Language school in Tokyo. Every weekday morning will offer you the chance to learn something with a Japanese lesson. Of course it will not only be about learning but also about testing and for this very purpose we will have several Japanese related mini games with different contents and levels.
On your free time, you will be able to roam the local map and look for characters to meet, befriend and maybe date.

- Lessons : Every weekday morning you will enjoy a new Japanese lesson with the lovely Professor Saito. Each lesson will be prepared so it will not be too overwhelming but it will also be enough for you to learn more and more.

- Test and homework : For a reason that we will not disclose yet (spoiler), you will have to undergo a Japanese test every saturday morning. These tests, as well as the possibility to review your lesson at home will be mini games with different content and levels.

- Storyline and events : Through your 90 days in Tokyo, a full, light hearted storyline will unfold before your eyes. You will learn a lot about each character and where you should head in the future.

- Map and Encounters : In Love Language you will not find "routes" that are the usual features in dating sims. We give you the choice, every afternoon and evening, to pick a location and meet with the character of your choice, but beware, some questions will be asked and your answers will define your relationship with each and every character.

- Dates : Behave nicely and learn to know each character and perhaps you will be asked on a date

Love Language Japanese Y1 GE will not get you to fluency, it obviously takes more than a few hours of gaming to get there. In our experience here in Japan (and as foreigners) we faced the same issues while learning Japanese. There is plenty of doors to unlock to be fluent in one language but the very first one is to get started. This is where Love Language will shine, it is a starting experience, a first step into a new language and ultimately a foundation for further study.

As a final note and more for the dev side of it, this game is full HTML5. It is a technology that we handle pretty well and going for something else was not really an option for us.

I hope you will like this project, we are undergoing a Greenlight process so (and only if you like this game) don't hesitate to give your vote.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 12:51:54 AM by Papurika.moe » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic