Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 04:16:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesMetal Gear Rising 2: Devastation
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: Metal Gear Rising 2: Devastation  (Read 20295 times)
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2016, 03:54:08 PM »

It looks fun to me too, specially when playing co-op.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2016, 04:50:32 PM »

the interface looks terrible, though the dev console names aren't really helping it.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2016, 10:52:22 AM »

while it may be too early to pass judgment on the turtles game, this much is certain: you should all buy and play transformers
JWK5
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2016, 08:15:12 AM »

It's actually on sale right now in the PS network.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2016, 08:22:51 AM »

It's actually on sale right now in the PS network.
you should buy it
JWK5
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2016, 08:39:18 AM »

For shits and giggles I went to Metacritic expecting the game to get bargain bin style reviews (as seems to be the case for most "licensed" games) but actually it seems to have been reviewed pretty favorably across the board.

I don't tend to buy games based on rating because some how I end up loving all the clunky shouldn't-be-as-good-as-they-are games (usually for reasons I can't pinpoint, maybe just to be contrarian or something) but sometimes you can get an idea if the game has any deal-breaker issues (like game-crippling bugs) by suffering through skimming the reviews (but I seriously hate* how every reviewer tries desperately to be funny in a straight-up douchebag-y sort of snarky way). Metacritic is about as close as I can get to a review without wanting to outright strangle the writer.

Anyways, other than apparently being a little on the short side it actually looks and sounds pretty good. I just might have to get it (though with Dark Souls 3 coming out it might not get to see immediate usage).

* Extra emphasis because that shit is seriously annoying.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2016, 11:12:31 AM »

if you like rough gems then you should absolutely buy the game. the length of the story mode is short but it's just about right. at the start you'll die a lot and be very shitty and then by the end you play like this:

at which point you move on to the challenge stages, and theres 50 of those.

it's legitimately a great game. its length isn't really a shortcoming, but its shortcomings are:

it tries to keep things fresh over the course of the game with things like galaga style shooting galleries, a sidescrolling boss encounter, and topdown racing segments, but they're pretty hit and miss

a bunch of mechanics are poorly explained if at all. the worst offender is that even though he's with you from the very start of the game, you can't play as grimlock until halfway through for no reason whatsoever. a window just pops up letting you know you can play as him now. unfortunately by this point you've spent the whole game being taught the mechanic that you can do timed vehicle attacks and fluidly continue combos, or go do a charging attack as a vehicle that will turn you into a robot. however as grimlock the vehicle attacks turn you into a dinosaur, which is completely shitty and useless, and running attacks as a dinosaur will just make you continue being the shitty, useless dinosaur. and you have to mash b to run as a dinosaur.

other than that it's great, jagshemesh
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2016, 05:04:55 PM »

I'm starting to think that Platinum has become their own genre similar to how Ubisoft are.
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2016, 05:13:33 PM »

Doctors recommend at least 1 (one) portion of Platinum per year.

Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2016, 06:00:21 PM »

Still $50, no deal
Dragonmaw
« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2016, 02:53:37 PM »

i picked it up for $20 during the steam sale, definitely worth it at that price

tbh idk if i'm gonna pay full price for a platinum game again, if just bc they are too similar and i already own a bunch of them
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 06, 2016, 05:13:16 AM »

while it may be too early to pass judgment on the turtles game, this much is certain: you should all buy and play transformers
just to update: the new turtles game is DEFINITELY not part of the metal gear rising series, unlike transformers. it is bad.
Kinaetron
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2016, 03:52:55 AM »

I've been eyeing up this game for the better part of a year and I still can't quite take that plunge

Life sucks and then you die.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 16, 2016, 03:55:02 AM »

I've been eyeing up this game for the better part of a year and I still can't quite take that plunge
you should. it can't be that expensive by now and it's extremely good.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2016, 12:19:21 PM »

i'm unsure at present whether nier automato is part of the metal gear rising series or the teenage mutant ninja turtles series. it certainly sounds good though.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2016, 12:39:48 PM »

super joe please make the the video you promised us in the konami thread thank you
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 16, 2016, 12:51:30 PM »

super joe please make the the video you promised us in the konami thread thank you
you know what? i just might do that? *writes it on my to do list, shoves the to do list up my ass, lays on a gurney and is immediately wheeled into theatre to remove my ass entirely from my person*
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: June 16, 2016, 02:39:18 PM »

Democracy in actio
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 17, 2016, 03:17:19 AM »

i watched a video and tentatively i believe its time to adjust the nomenclature to Metal Gear Rising 3: Automato

it's impossible to say which came first because who knows how long either has been in developmen but it certainly looks like they used transformers to refine the systems for this game, including the bad 2d sidescroller parts.
Kinaetron
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: June 17, 2016, 03:39:35 AM »

I'm gonna do it ! Loved Revegeance and I need another game for the PS4 so this will be perfect

Life sucks and then you die.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic