Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 05:44:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArtWorkshopCritique my tiles and my art style. Help is needed!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Critique my tiles and my art style. Help is needed!  (Read 2431 times)
flyingmangoes
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2015, 10:33:02 AM »

So, I wanted to get a little bit of critique on my tiles.  I am using the NES palette, and I use high contrast.  Anything is helpful, but I'd appreciate it if you'd understand that the dirt and snow tiles reflect my general style. 

I'd especially like help on the sand and sandy brick tiles, since I'm not sure if the similar colors work well in comparison to everything else.  Thanks!

« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 06:28:09 AM by flyingmangoes » Logged
Torak3015
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 07:10:31 AM »

I actually like the sand tiles/sand brick tiles. The only tiles That I think are hard to read are the water tiles. It looks like a waterfall. I'm not sure if that is what it is supposed to be, but it doesn't look like a body of water. It looks like its flowing.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 07:22:09 AM »

i would remove black oulines out of grass
in fact i would remove any 1px line out of there
flyingmangoes
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 05:59:50 AM »

I actually like the sand tiles/sand brick tiles. The only tiles That I think are hard to read are the water tiles. It looks like a waterfall. I'm not sure if that is what it is supposed to be, but it doesn't look like a body of water. It looks like its flowing.

Yup, that's exactly what it's supposed to be, and they do have a simple animation, which I should have mentioned.  Glad you noticed.

This Topic is closed
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 06:28:39 AM by flyingmangoes » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic