Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411484 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 03:03:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRemnants of Naezith [RELEASED on STEAM]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17
Print
Author Topic: Remnants of Naezith [RELEASED on STEAM]  (Read 63943 times)
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 25, 2016, 07:46:05 AM »

Looking excellent as always! The controls look incredibly tight from what I've seen, so great job on those!
naezith
Level 2

Remnants of Naezith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2016, 07:32:10 AM »

Looking excellent as always! The controls look incredibly tight from what I've seen, so great job on those!
Thank you Smiley

My new level selection menu design is here,

http://imgur.com/gallery/mEs0eEU/

I put them linearly but they will be nested like a net of nodes.

naezith
Level 2

Remnants of Naezith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2016, 02:54:08 PM »

I was checking the Path to the Sky's devlog (check it out, epic game!) and I saw the shadows on the ground. I really loved it and it fits my code base because I don't really want to add dynamic lighting, this seems like a very cool alternative for me.

So I implemented fake lights/shadows, they are not very stable but still added a small amount of good feel. It was too hard to make it work, it still doesn't work properly in some situations tho. I used mostly black shadows but some of them has color and all colors has 100 / 255 alpha, so they are transparent getting drawn top of each other.

I tried to use it with lasers and stuff but it simply didn't work, this much is enough for now anyways.

naezith
Level 2

Remnants of Naezith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2016, 08:57:35 AM »

I started working on separating the legs on swing/jump states.

Luckily, my buddy Obi-Wan had the high ground!

Good job, Obi!

dnk_one
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2016, 03:35:02 AM »

This game seems really interesting to me, visually it is not my preferred style but gameplay and controls look great. Keep up the good work.
naezith
Level 2

Remnants of Naezith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2016, 03:50:02 AM »

This game seems really interesting to me, visually it is not my preferred style but gameplay and controls look great. Keep up the good work.

Thanks, I appreciate it!

I still have a question in my mind about the double jump mechanic. Maybe you guys can help me out.

If you are flying up with the speed of 1000, what should happen when you double jump(speed=300)? Will you have speed of 300 or 1000 or 1300?

In Team Fortress 2, your speed becomes 300 in that situation if you double jump with the Scout for example.

Currently it stays at 1000 in my game. Making it 1300 is a bit too much though.

Made a twitter poll for it, https://twitter.com/70LGA/status/692682946172600320
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 04:34:23 AM by naezith » Logged

naezith
Level 2

Remnants of Naezith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2016, 10:46:09 AM »

I am browsing internet for names and I found the list of Turkic mythological figures. They don't have any connection with the game somehow but it would be cool to include one of them.

Here are some names from the list:

Kayra (or Kaira) - Supreme God of universe. He is the Spirit of God and creator god in Turkic mythology. Son of the sky deity (Gok Tengri).

Mergen - God of wisdom. Son of Kaira. He is a Turkic deity of abundance and knowledge.

Zada - Wind God. He is the ruler of the winds, and owner of Yada Tashy (Wind Stone).

Zada's meaning would fit actually, fast-paced game.

What do you think?

You can also vote HERE.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 10:52:13 AM by naezith » Logged

Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2016, 02:00:34 AM »

I like Kayra and Zada.

I guess it's too late, but a connection between the name of the game and the main character would be perfect, imo. For example: FEZ and GOMEZ.
Mr Bazooka
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2016, 02:08:07 AM »

I love the art style and animation. Overall everything looks great!
naezith
Level 2

Remnants of Naezith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2016, 12:43:37 PM »

I love the art style and animation. Overall everything looks great!

Thank you!

I like Kayra and Zada.

I guess it's too late, but a connection between the name of the game and the main character would be perfect, imo. For example: FEZ and GOMEZ.

Today so many people complained about the game's name being too long and hard to remember, also not suitable for a fast-paced action platformer. But yeah, I can't think of something new and original.

It was pretty fun today. I watched +50 people playtesting the game and I took notes. Some of them gave really useful advices. It was a very cool experience already, there are 3 days more. Let's see what happens Smiley

I forced every single of them to register, so the leaderboard went huge. Everyone's replay is recorded and watchable on the leaderboard. They race on the leaderboard, which was pretty fun!

lobstersteve
« Reply #110 on: February 04, 2016, 01:58:01 PM »

If you are flying up with the speed of 1000, what should happen when you double jump(speed=300)? Will you have speed of 300 or 1000 or 1300?
yeah, i guess 1000. As your game is momentum based, because of the hookshot and stuff, slowing down to 300 would be weird. also 90 % of platformers, even the really physic based ones, like n+, have a maximum speed.
naezith
Level 2

Remnants of Naezith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: February 04, 2016, 09:07:45 PM »

yeah, i guess 1000. As your game is momentum based, because of the hookshot and stuff, slowing down to 300 would be weird. also 90 % of platformers, even the really physic based ones, like n+, have a maximum speed.

Yeah I will stick with 1000. By the way, why would I need a maximum speed?

naezith
Level 2

Remnants of Naezith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: February 09, 2016, 04:34:51 PM »

GIST 2016 event is finally ended. It was a very cool experience to watch people play so I could see what do they have problem with. About 150 people playtested it in front of me, so I noted some stuff: Beer!

● my UI sucks so badly at guiding,
● some of the levels has navigation issues,
● spike tiles are misleading and not very clear,
● most of the people don't know about holding the jump button,
● I should add more tilesets for different worlds and looks,

Also, some of the people there wanted to help to the progress, so I put a donation button on the website http://naezith.com/
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 04:41:44 PM by naezith » Logged

naezith
Level 2

Remnants of Naezith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: February 10, 2016, 09:06:10 AM »

I don't know if you were waiting for this but here is a really big gameplay video Beer!

naezith
Level 2

Remnants of Naezith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2016, 08:54:52 AM »

I just added inner tiles to the main tileset, you can see all 16 of them in here:

And here they are in the action!

AUTO-TILING BABY!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 09:02:40 AM by naezith » Logged

naezith
Level 2

Remnants of Naezith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2016, 03:02:37 PM »

Can we call this a perfect loop?

marcgfx
Level 8

if you don't comment, who will?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2016, 03:24:14 PM »

just watched your video. the game looks fun, just soooo difficult. but that seems to be the overall trend for platformers. looked nearly like a speed run. but that last section where you had to wait for the gate to open was crazy. last platformer I really played was super mario world and that was hard enough for me Cheesy

naezith
Level 2

Remnants of Naezith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2016, 03:34:28 PM »

just watched your video. the game looks fun, just soooo difficult. but that seems to be the overall trend for platformers. looked nearly like a speed run. but that last section where you had to wait for the gate to open was crazy. last platformer I really played was super mario world and that was hard enough for me Cheesy

I am kinda sad that everyone thinks it's hard... because it's not! That chamber level is the only challenging one. Finishing the levels will be pretty easy but mastering/speed-running them will be skillbased.

lobstersteve
« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2016, 04:01:55 PM »

Didn't check that thread for a while. Nice progress Smiley

By the way, why would I need a maximum speed?
I meant that a lot of games, like super meat boy have maximum speed to allow very precise level design (for example you can jump a maximum of 10 tiles at maximum speed, so a close jump would be 9 tiles..). but as i see in your videos the hookshot + momentum is basicly the main element in your game and the whole game is very much on the speedrunner side and not super precise, so it seems to work fine without max speed (the game speedrunners also uses hookshots and doesn't has any limit for speed and works great)

I am kinda sad that everyone thinks it's hard... because it's not

and you aren't underestimating your own game? i'd have to try it out to make up my opinion (basicly hard platformers are my favourite genre and i played pretty much all of them), but your game looks a little challenging.
..if you want any rating on this, i'd gladly try out the version you have right now and give feedback about it Smiley
naezith
Level 2

Remnants of Naezith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2016, 05:10:46 PM »

If you say so Tongue

Here is a bonus clip
https://gifsound.com/?gif=puu.sh/navTo/55bb87599f.gif&v=SAaI8yXk-Yo

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic