Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:56:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs✿ Homegrove: like (Mario+Kirby)/(Metroid*Zelda)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: ✿ Homegrove: like (Mario+Kirby)/(Metroid*Zelda)  (Read 33285 times)
flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« on: October 11, 2015, 02:08:43 PM »

Zelda-Metroid with a Kirby facade

-Latest GIF-

Join the Discord channel and influence development.
I make Homegrove live on twitch creative, Please do stop by sometime! Coffee

Dev stream and Twitter

-General Story-

There once was a deity, a divine spirit, loving and pure. For eons it would care for the land and for creatures of pure spirit. However a time finally came when the spirit had to die. Before passing, the deity created a small tribe of creatures to protect the land, and so they did. It was peaceful for an era, for so long in fact that their original purpose was all but forgotten. Then, suddenly, the peaceful times came to an end. Less intelligent creatures became aggressive, and new, strange creatures have appeared... but why?

« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 02:37:59 AM by flipswitchx » Logged

grayhaze
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 02:42:21 PM »

Adorable! Sort of reminds me of a Jelly Baby. Yum.

Already looks quite polished and with lots of well thought-out powers. Looking forward to playing. Smiley

floatvoid
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 02:52:34 PM »

Amazing. Super inspiring. One of my projects is similar in influence... I'll have to post on here some time.
QOG
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 04:50:44 PM »

It'll be interesting to see how you balance all the different powers, how does the player transition between the different colors?
Carpetwurm
Level 0

Nobody

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 05:42:42 PM »

The art is pretty good, like, actually good. Even though it's pixel art.

I like that the player's arms don't move that much, that gives it a unique look.

Can't wait for it to be finished!

Best of luck Coffee

>Forum signatures
>[current year]
PiedPiper
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 01:08:13 AM »

I like how alive the character feels. Especially the way he turns (as seen in the last gif). Great job!
Jasmine
Level 5

Boop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 05:48:13 AM »

Man, loving the smoothness of the sprites. The vibrant colors remind me of Leilani's Island!

Any backstory? =D

Xonatron
Level 4

Be yourself.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2015, 09:35:46 AM »

I agree with the above comments. The feel of the character is well done! I like the color-change and power-up abilities. Interested where this goes.

Matthew Doucette, Xona Games
- devlogs: xona.com/tigsource
midgety
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2015, 09:44:24 AM »

This looks awesome! Are you doing the textures and programming yourself is there more than one person working on this? Either way the game looks like it'll be an awesome 2D platformer
flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2015, 09:49:38 AM »

It'll be interesting to see how you balance all the different powers, how does the player transition between the different colors?

Right now I'm using a snes USB controller and I switch by holding L and pressing left or right to scroll through. I have a circular menu system ready to insert so it's more visually obvious. You can also go to the menu and click.

Man, loving the smoothness of the sprites. The vibrant colors remind me of Leilani's Island!

Any backstory? =D

Thanks ^_^ Leilani's island looks great! :O

As for story, there will be side quests with NPC's that provide little mini stories... as for the big overall story *ahem*, well... there are monsters.. and... hmm... well y'know. Monsters are bad mmkay.

But no seriously, despite my best efforts I'll probably come up with some backstory about an ancient god of chaos or something bent on destroying the land and the artifacts needed to seal it away yatta yatta..

This looks awesome! Are you doing the textures and programming yourself is there more than one person working on this? Either way the game looks like it'll be an awesome 2D platformer

I'm the only one! ' -' Just little old me. Thanks for asking I'll make a note of that up top!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 03:02:08 PM by flipswitchx » Logged

stringkiller
Level 1

Fat Pixel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2015, 10:09:34 AM »

This looks really cool and fun! The fact that you want to mix kirby with zelda kind of remind me of Tombi. We really need more non linear rpgish plataforming games (without always relying on metroidvania formula).

< check out the devlog! or Twitter!
Crabby
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2015, 12:22:39 PM »

Cute character! I love the color palette.  Coffee
What are you developing this in?

Working on something new!
Follow me @CrabbyDev.
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2015, 07:25:57 PM »

This looks great! I really like the art style, the graphics are really refreshingly vibrant and colorful, but in the right way!

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2015, 10:31:32 PM »

Yeah, really colorful! Nice and smooth animations, too!

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2015, 03:28:42 AM »

metroid/kirby hybrid? SUBBED!
fall_ark
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2015, 04:02:37 AM »

Loved Little Walker. Looking forward to it!

Is he also going to have different facial expressions corresponding to current health? The changes in the gifs feels a bit jarring.

Chinese localizer and influencer. Translated Dead Cells, Slay the Spire, The Count Lucanor, Katana Zero, Dicey Dungeons, and involved in the localization of Reigns, The Curious Expedition, Desktop Dungeons, etc.
If you have questions about Chinese loc and publishing etc., find me at Twitter @SoM_lo
flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2015, 03:07:00 AM »

Thanks for the kind words ^_^

Cute character! I love the color palette.  Coffee
What are you developing this in?

Clickteam Fusion. Myeah... Same thing used to make Five nights at freddy's, and Konjak uses it and his stuff always looks great so it's a capable engine I just don't recommend it. I was naive when I started and suddenly found myself knowledgeable in it and have already come too far to turn back.

Loved Little Walker. Looking forward to it!

Is he also going to have different facial expressions corresponding to current health? The changes in the gifs feels a bit jarring.

Indeed. The sprite is in 3 parts, body, hands, face. I just haven't worked on the face much yet.

-Update 1-

I made a kazu-kazu for a journey across the desert, but am thinking it could fit into some other areas.

(Shading isn't done.)

Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2015, 07:23:25 AM »

Oh I love it! It looks fun and useful!

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2015, 09:26:49 PM »

Yeah, cool. I like the name, too, though I don't know what it means (if anything, haha).

It'd be cool if the bird provided some sort of utility that wasn't present otherwise, like walking on spikes, flying / floating, or perhaps wall climbing by stabbing and getting stuck in walls. Just walking faster and allowing long jumps could be useful, though.

flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2015, 02:12:34 PM »

Yeah, cool. I like the name, too, though I don't know what it means (if anything, haha).

It'd be cool if the bird provided some sort of utility that wasn't present otherwise, like walking on spikes, flying / floating, or perhaps wall climbing by stabbing and getting stuck in walls. Just walking faster and allowing long jumps could be useful, though.

Walking on spikes could definitely be a thing. It can also bust through bushes that otherwise block you if you don't have fire.

It's named homegrove after the little shire type area they live in and defend (Just haven't made it yet) =)

~something new:

Finally got some spotlights working. Oh and the ball shoots thunder now, but it depletes its energy and the light goes out faster so I was thinking of moving the thunder to the player and have it charge up with each button you press like the wisp power from kirby.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic