Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 01:23:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs✿ Homegrove: like (Mario+Kirby)/(Metroid*Zelda)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
Print
Author Topic: ✿ Homegrove: like (Mario+Kirby)/(Metroid*Zelda)  (Read 33304 times)
mzn528
Level 2

Dark Souls, Berserk and Vagabond Ultimate Fanboy

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 22, 2016, 03:40:45 PM »

NOIIICEE, i love the feeling of this game

Noob Game Dev and Pixel Artist, twitter @mzn528

Soul Appeaser, a combat focused story rich ARPG
DevLog
fall_ark
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 22, 2016, 11:09:16 PM »

You know what I'd love?  A MMO / Terraria game in the same style and setting. The world is too charming to only have linear/set stories! Gomez
Maybe next big project? Wink

Chinese localizer and influencer. Translated Dead Cells, Slay the Spire, The Count Lucanor, Katana Zero, Dicey Dungeons, and involved in the localization of Reigns, The Curious Expedition, Desktop Dungeons, etc.
If you have questions about Chinese loc and publishing etc., find me at Twitter @SoM_lo
flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: December 03, 2016, 05:10:58 PM »

You know what I'd love?  A MMO / Terraria game in the same style and setting. The world is too charming to only have linear/set stories! Gomez
Maybe next big project? Wink

Maybe next project Smiley But I will say I'm trying to fan out the possibilities in the center of the game so that no one (except speed runners) goes through it exactly the same..

foofter
Level 4

MAKE THAT GARDEN GROW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: December 04, 2016, 01:01:15 AM »

It's so cute! I am blown away by how you made every movement and action a masterpiece of endearing cuteness that just draws you in. And trust me, I am a character man who has high standards and loves a good character animation!  Kiss There are just so many little actions that it does, and each one is so expressive. I would say that I especially like when it kicks out its leg to the side and stomps in earth form, except all the other movements are so good, too...

UPDATE: I figured it out! The reason that it's so cute is that he stands there with a blank face, and only starts smiling when he does an action. It makes him seem so happy to do the actions, and obviously lots of love was put into creating the animations, so it's just a perpetual lovefest loop of heartwarming joy.

@_monstergarden (game) and @williamzwood (me)
See Monster Garden progress here: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=56012.0
flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: December 10, 2016, 01:21:06 AM »

...so it's just a perpetual lovefest loop of heartwarming joy.

XD hahaha thank you waru99!

Here's some chickees:

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 10, 2016, 06:07:51 AM »

"What's that you say, heartwarming joy? Here, have some animal cruelty!"
foofter
Level 4

MAKE THAT GARDEN GROW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: December 11, 2016, 05:01:19 AM »

"What's that you say, heartwarming joy? Here, have some animal cruelty!"

But it's somehow cutely surprising that he punches them and they go fluttering. At first I was honestly like "Oh, wow....chickens?" then I was "Oh, my gosh, what did he do?!" and then I was like "That is a really nice punching animation!!"

See Monster Garden progress here: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=56012.0
flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: March 11, 2017, 08:45:49 AM »

It's up for some tasty yes votes on greenlight, yeah! Well, hello there!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=877205416&tscn=1489249097

The youtube vid that you'll see anyways if you go to the greenlight page:

Thanks and I love you guys!  Kiss Kiss Kiss

Oh yeah I'll be back soon with more updates, kind of dropped the ball on that didn't I?  Embarrassed

fall_ark
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 11, 2017, 09:23:59 AM »

Liked! Gomez
If there's one thing stuck out in the video it's that the key/lock animation and power lifting animation feels quite slow. Are there puzzles designed around this slowness? Hopefully actions like those won't last too long.

Incidentally, have you considered localization? Willing to help with Chinese if the engine permits.

Chinese localizer and influencer. Translated Dead Cells, Slay the Spire, The Count Lucanor, Katana Zero, Dicey Dungeons, and involved in the localization of Reigns, The Curious Expedition, Desktop Dungeons, etc.
If you have questions about Chinese loc and publishing etc., find me at Twitter @SoM_lo
Zeralith
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 13, 2017, 05:10:46 AM »

I voted "YES"! Definitely my kind of game. Good luck with the Greenlight
flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: March 15, 2017, 01:59:18 PM »

Devlog attempt:

So I've begun to get some of my ducks in a row. Currently implementing save functionality so that key items can be got. Once this is established I imagine the area design fun can truly begin, though I have a lot of artwork to do still, which will also be more fun than the last couple months of menus, custom controls, and other infrastructure, hooray!

Oh snap as a reminder it's now on greenlight for voting: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=877205416

wizered67
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 15, 2017, 02:37:13 PM »

I really like the "item get" animation, although, and it could be the quality of the gif, I feel like the font looks a little blurry? Good luck with the Greenlight by the way! You got my vote!
flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: March 25, 2017, 07:56:54 PM »

sweetly functioning minimap

Devlog attempt no.2: Been mulling over the overall format of the game and instead of laying it all out on a grid in a sort of box a la Metroid I think I'll be taking a more horizontal approach to the overall world, though there will still be plenty of subterranean catacombs.

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 26, 2017, 04:23:51 AM »

It's a walky walker guy, horizontal makes sense Tongue
flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: April 27, 2017, 02:48:15 PM »

Realize I haven't updated in a while yet again.

Sadly I've just been doing a lot of menu stuff still, oi! Making a game is like 50% candybar 50% wrapper, what a pain...

Anyway, here's a gif of the menu/submenus at least!

Ok, so the bean at the top left is just another option for changing your color, when you get more than 1 element...

The gold bracelets submenu is for a bunch of little equips that change gameplay in one way or another, think rings from oracle of seasons.

Last but not least is the book, which has a bunch of optional info to look at ranging from tips to lore to a pokedex type section.

And that's it for now. Thanks for stoppin by!

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 27, 2017, 11:22:34 PM »

Will there be an alpha and gamma icon too?
flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: May 19, 2017, 04:29:52 AM »

Here's a new ability specific to orange: the rubber punch

Bonus: a funny bug

foofter
Level 4

MAKE THAT GARDEN GROW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: May 19, 2017, 04:44:17 AM »

Soooo when can I start playing?? Seriously.  Gomez Where's the alpha/beta/gamma build??

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 19, 2017, 07:13:15 AM »

Hahaha, that funny bug should be turned into a feature somehow, it's too amazing not to be!
flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: May 31, 2017, 07:23:13 PM »

Soooo when can I start playing?? Seriously.  Gomez Where's the alpha/beta/gamma build??
I'm working on a demo for September as I'll be going to gameacon in las vegas to show it off, oh jeez I really need to get my priorities in order now haha!  Crazy

So I've been rethinking some of greens abilities.

Neutral special is now absorb, which will let you turn certain projectiles into fuel for a passive ability which slowly charges on it's own when you're green.

Down special now plants a cute little flower omg! Durr...? (There will be a way to change seeds and plant other things later on.)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic