Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411509 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 11:19:53 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs✿ Homegrove: like (Mario+Kirby)/(Metroid*Zelda)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
Print
Author Topic: ✿ Homegrove: like (Mario+Kirby)/(Metroid*Zelda)  (Read 33487 times)
flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: June 03, 2017, 07:36:05 PM »

Ground pound!

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 04, 2017, 03:01:49 AM »

flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: July 23, 2017, 12:16:06 AM »

Finally time for a new gif! I have been working, I just, y'know... kinda forget about TIGs here and there...

Small warp stones for zipping back and forth within an area, large ones will be added for moving quickly between different areas.

flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: August 29, 2017, 01:31:54 AM »

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 29, 2017, 03:41:04 AM »

It looks great! But I'm Not sure if that's a cape or a glitching chroma key behind the boss...
foofter
Level 4

MAKE THAT GARDEN GROW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: August 29, 2017, 07:36:32 AM »

It looks great! But I'm Not sure if that's a cape or a glitching chroma key behind the boss...

I was also wondering that. I but I love when he gets squashed and pops back. And punches. And everything.  Kiss

@_monstergarden (game) and @williamzwood (me)
See Monster Garden progress here: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=56012.0
bombjack
Level 3

That's me :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: August 29, 2017, 12:07:00 PM »

I totally love the art!  Kiss Kiss Kiss

flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: September 01, 2017, 06:35:13 AM »

I was also wondering that. I but I love when he gets squashed and pops back. And punches. And everything.  Kiss

That's just one of his hitboxes, don't know why I didn't make it invisible Tongue 

thefoolishbrave
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: September 03, 2017, 09:41:02 AM »

This might be the most amazingly animating pixel indie of my particular taste that I've seen.

Dear Game Creator, I hope you know after seeing this I'm just going to throw my game in the dumpster now and just live my dream through you  Beer!

flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: September 23, 2017, 11:30:37 AM »

This might be the most amazingly animating pixel indie of my particular taste that I've seen.

Dear Game Creator, I hope you know after seeing this I'm just going to throw my game in the dumpster now and just live my dream through you  Beer!
What? No! lol. Hope you weren't serious, please continue your own game Smiley

Also hey errybody, here's a new gif..

McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 23, 2017, 01:11:23 PM »

Heh- that's a good bit of feedback with the head bop.
flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: October 09, 2017, 10:31:59 AM »

Took a few tries but i finally got me sonic bridge workin. Myup. Oh the roll move is from dashing and holding down by the way. Don't panic it isn't turning into sonic Wink

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 09, 2017, 11:25:35 PM »

Is it turning into Leilani's Island? Tongue

https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=46289
flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: October 17, 2017, 09:38:33 PM »

Gif time yay.

So I've been boiling some things down, and yet expanding on others. As a project goes on you tend to realize what the most important aspects of it are, or at least what are the most in line with what you want.

So it's time for a couple tidbits. For example, I've removed the brown color and the element of earth from the obtainable ability types, but fear not! for he lives on. At the beginning of the game there will be a choice for your default color; they will be orange, brown, pink, and light grey. The most important ability from earthguy will be kept, the ground pound.

Okay on to some gifs:

Whats goin' on here? Well I've replaced shuriken temporarily with stones. They're going to be the default projectile. You now have ammo and can pick them back up after throwing them, but don't worry im sure there will be bunches of them just laying around. This also means the axe will most likely be getting the axe Cheesy as throwing stones fulfill the same roll, but are more aim-able and fit the character/setting a little better. The shuriken will most likely return though, as they fly straight and fast, fulfilling a different tool niche.

Next!

Small items are now tossable! Toss them on another character, or use one for bait perhaps, the possibilites are e-well, kind of limited, but hey I think it's neat.

That's it for now. I'll try to write more like this from now on, thanks for checkin' it out! Durr...?

Fenreliania
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: October 17, 2017, 10:09:14 PM »

I love how smooth and subtly emotive everything in this is. Everything from the face when you crouch to the little waddle when you're squashed flat, it's all so wonderful! Nice work!

flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: October 26, 2017, 07:17:14 AM »

The last few days have been messing with items and setting up shop and getting a new area started, finally leaving homegrove! Here's a deadly fangfish jumpin out to getcha.

NowSayPillow
Level 1

John Carmack Clone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: October 26, 2017, 08:08:03 AM »

This looks so friggin' cool.

flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: October 31, 2017, 01:08:20 PM »

Slimes are now punchable. It used to be that they were impervious to normal attacks but I really needed a beginning enemy that was easy and simple. They only hurt you when they do their attack, and touching them slows you down. Might even make a version that doesn't attack and appears in large numbers.

Oh they can also sometimes maybe contain an item, but you gotta beat 'em first to snatch it.

Fenreliania
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: October 31, 2017, 02:43:44 PM »

They only hurt you when they do their attack, and touching them slows you down. Might even make a version that doesn't attack and appears in large numbers.

This is a really cool idea, I'm really into enemies that are hindrances in different ways than just hurting you.

CaptainBlueSkies
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 31, 2017, 04:58:30 PM »

I love the look of this game! It's very cute! Reminds me of Kirby a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic