Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 05:33:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs✿ Homegrove: like (Mario+Kirby)/(Metroid*Zelda)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: ✿ Homegrove: like (Mario+Kirby)/(Metroid*Zelda)  (Read 33482 times)
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2015, 11:33:29 AM »

Yeah, nice. So what does the flute do? Do you use it to control that tornado?

flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2015, 11:43:44 PM »

New enemy! It's a snake in a jar. You can break the jar to release the snake as well. Not that it wants to be...

imgur messed with the timing of the gif, oh well \( '-')/

No the tornado controls I'm not 100% sure about yet, but the flute will do things like:

-Unlock doors
-Get mobs to follow you
-Effect NPC's/Story driven events
-Provide a buff

And yeah, change time or summon rain ^_~
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 11:50:45 PM by flipswitchx » Logged

Jalapenosbud
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2015, 12:01:52 AM »

its used to DUDUDUDUDUDUDU - erhm.. play sandstorm by darude.. right @flipswitchx?

brantkings
Level 0

I like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2015, 05:53:09 AM »

Really liking this so far. All the animations of the main character are top notch. And can't help to be perplexed by the sheer amount of mechanics you got here!

Silkworm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2015, 01:00:29 PM »

This looks cool and fun! There's something really satisfying in the animation. Like that punch for example. Even without sound I can kind of hear/feel it just from the visuals.  Smiley 

flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2015, 02:17:21 AM »

This looks cool and fun! There's something really satisfying in the animation. Like that punch for example. Even without sound I can kind of hear/feel it just from the visuals.  Smiley 

Yusss! Smiley Smiley

Really liking this so far. All the animations of the main character are top notch. And can't help to be perplexed by the sheer amount of mechanics you got here!

its used to DUDUDUDUDUDUDU - erhm.. play sandstorm by darude.. right @flipswitchx?

You know it buddy!

And here be some new mechanics, specifically, the enemy type:

Leaper doesn't have any specific weakness I don't think. Touching him from above, below, or the sides does damage, but it can be defeated with a projectile. Or you could just be a bawse and punch it anyways.

Scuttlebug will probably end up being more of a platform then an enemy. It will do some damage from the side, perhaps a chance of poisoning.

Stepping in slime will slow you down and annoy the slime, but having it pinned means the slime cant produce the momentum to attack you. Maybe they'll slowly eat at you if your in one too long. They will most likely be more effective at slowing you down in the face of a bigger enemy then actually hurting you themselves.

Some jars have snakes hidden within. They like it there it's cozy.

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2015, 02:31:55 AM »

Will jumping on the slime do splash damage to the enemies next to it? Well, hello there!
vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2015, 04:32:56 AM »

I love the animations, super smooth and really balances out the character's simplicity. I also love the mechanics, it makes level design choices really broad. Excellent work!

Pixel Noise
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2015, 12:02:41 PM »

Just found this - it looks awesome! Even though the majority of the content has yet to be created - what you've got looks pretty nice already. Looking forward to more!

Pixel Noise - professional composition/sound design studio.
 https://soundcloud.com/pixel-noise
 https://twitter.com/PixelNoiseMusic
 https://pixelnoisemusic.bandcamp.com/

Recently completed the ReallyGoodBattle OST!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=vgf-4DjU5q
flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2015, 04:02:23 AM »

Will jumping on the slime do splash damage to the enemies next to it? Well, hello there!

Ahhhh... cute idea. But, I mean, then you could splash the shit out of some things. Hm. Slime splash. I'll keep that one in a drawer for later!

In other news.
ITS TIME. FOR...

BEEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeeZ!!

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2015, 06:50:04 AM »

NOT THE BEEEEEEES!
wirelessbrain55
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2015, 05:56:34 PM »

How long have you been working on this game? What language did you code it in and platform? And is this like your full time job? Do you have a team? What's gonna be like the storyline? It looks really good though.
flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2015, 07:35:02 PM »

How long have you been working on this game? What language did you code it in and platform? And is this like your full time job? Do you have a team? What's gonna be like the storyline? It looks really good though.

Been working on it for a couple months now. The original file I started several YEARS ago though, wow... Didn't think it had been that long. I'm using clickteam fusion to make it. I know, you haven't heard of it. It's the same engine behind Konjak's work, Five night's at Freddy's, and Freedom Planet. Just google those =P

I do not have a team. It is just me! I consider it my full time job, though it usually does not make money just working on it.

Here's a wizard enemy!

The story so far is this:

You are a peaceful creature living in your little grove with all the other peaceful creatures, until MONSTERS come and make the  land a dangerous place to live. You go out in search of the monster king, because f--k that guy, amiright?

FawfulBeans
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2015, 11:22:46 PM »

Looks fantastic!
Skeledork
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2015, 04:20:08 AM »

Looks pretty good.

Keep it up  Beer!

There is a skeleton inside all of us.
flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2016, 12:46:57 AM »

New enemy:

Swoopy bat. Modeled after the leaper. Will be vulnerable to most attacks.

Jasmine
Level 5

Boop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2016, 06:58:17 AM »

Man, I can't get over how cute this looks! I'm eager to see the level-building! =D

odicay
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2016, 07:11:19 AM »

I first saw this in your signature and I'm happy to see that the full thread makes it look even better than the first impression. Just stopped by to say this is fantastic work. Smiley
purplemonkey
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2016, 01:36:40 PM »

I've been having a great time following your streams lately, Flip. Homegrove just looks like a bunch of colorful fun and I really look forward to playing the end product!

Modog
Level 0

Rogue Knight Mage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2016, 09:18:56 PM »

Look very lovely. Can you soon release a demo?

Finding what I can do better
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic