Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:58:58 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDARQ - psychological horror set in a zero-gravity lucid dream
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: DARQ - psychological horror set in a zero-gravity lucid dream  (Read 7179 times)
jesseb
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2015, 05:26:19 AM »

Are you doing the art and programming yourself or you working with a team?
UnfoldGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2015, 08:23:00 PM »

Are you doing the art and programming yourself or you working with a team?
So far it's been just me. Starting an indiegogo campaign this weekend to get some funds to hire additional programmer and voice actors. We'll see how it goes!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 06:14:02 PM by UnfoldGames » Logged

UnfoldGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2015, 08:26:10 PM »

Last couple of days have been busy preparing for Steam Greenlight. Thinking of starting the campaign this weekend, hope to have your support!

The game looks a bit more polished now. Added tons of new features, one of the most exciting being walking on walls (the game takes place in a dream after all!).

More updates coming soon Smiley
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 06:14:07 PM by UnfoldGames » Logged

PixelDensity
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2015, 07:44:38 AM »

Ok walking on the walls and having extra gameplay features from that is a pretty badass idea. I love it.

Will you be using this walk on walls feature to make the environments more twisted, so when you walk up a wall you can get into another room?

3D Artist.
UnfoldGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2015, 01:22:50 PM »

Will you be using this walk on walls feature to make the environments more twisted, so when you walk up a wall you can get into another room?
Exactly! Will be releasing a new trailer this weekend to show this functionality Smiley
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 06:14:10 PM by UnfoldGames » Logged

UnfoldGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2015, 07:24:29 PM »

Almost ready for our Indiegogo and Steam Greenlight campaign. New trailer is coming soon. In the meantime, I'm excited to share with you some concept art:

Hope you can support our campaign these coming days!

Thank you
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 06:14:13 PM by UnfoldGames » Logged

UnfoldGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2015, 01:24:36 AM »

One more monster:

And our main character, Lloyd:

« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 06:14:16 PM by UnfoldGames » Logged

UnfoldGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2015, 06:56:40 PM »

And we're now live on Indiegogo and Steam Greenlight! Please, help spread the word & consider becoming a backer.

You can read all about the game on our Steam and IndieGoGo:

Check us out on
STEAM GREENLIGHT AND INDIEGOGO
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 06:14:18 PM by UnfoldGames » Logged

PixelDensity
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2015, 03:12:16 AM »

And we're now live on Indiegogo and Steam Greenlight! Please, help spread the word & consider becoming a backer.

You can read all about the game on our Steam and IndieGoGo:

Check us out on
STEAM GREENLIGHT AND INDIEGOGO

Just a headup, the indiegogo link is taking you to steam page also Smiley

EDIT: here is the link if anyone is interested: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/darq-horror-game-in-a-zero-gravity-dream-world#/
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 03:27:40 AM by PixelDensity » Logged

3D Artist.
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2015, 03:33:06 AM »

amazing new monsters design, love the drawings.

is there a specific reason you chose indiegogo over kickstarter?
UnfoldGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2015, 04:32:53 AM »

amazing new monsters design, love the drawings.
is there a specific reason you chose indiegogo over kickstarter?
Thank you! I've never done crowdfunding, so I thought indiegogo is a better choice, since they let you keep the funds whether you hit your goal or not.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 06:14:21 PM by UnfoldGames » Logged

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2015, 05:35:11 AM »

Thank you! I've never done crowdfunding, so I thought indiegogo is a better choice, since they let you keep the funds whether you hit your goal or not.

Ironically that is one of the reasons that Kickstarter is more popular with backers. Most people don't like to back a game or project if they know they're out of their money even if the project fails at raising funds. Also, Kickstarter has a much larger user base so your organic views for projects will be considerably higher on Kickstarter, although- either way, its all about you driving traffic vs. relying on organic views.

Will be sending some greenlight votes your way, best of luck on both campaigns! Youre going to get greenlit in no time!

UnfoldGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2015, 11:38:39 AM »

Ironically that is one of the reasons that Kickstarter is more popular with backers. Most people don't like to back a game or project if they know they're out of their money even if the project fails at raising funds. Also, Kickstarter has a much larger user base so your organic views for projects will be considerably higher on Kickstarter, although- either way, its all about you driving traffic vs. relying on organic views.

Will be sending some greenlight votes your way, best of luck on both campaigns! Youre going to get greenlit in no time!
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Yes, I see what you mean. These coming days we'll be doing a major press push, I hope it will help with our indiegogo. And of course, thank you so much for your Greenlight votes!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 06:14:24 PM by UnfoldGames » Logged

UnfoldGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2015, 03:28:55 PM »

I wanted to ask you guys about Steam Greenlight, since this is the first time I'm doing it. In the stats it says: "CURRENT RANK" and it gives you a percentage of the way to the top 100. Does it mean that the game gets greenlit when it reaches 100%? It's currently at 45% after being up for less than a day. Is it good? I really have no idea.

Please upvote it if you think it's a good project:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=577725755
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 06:14:26 PM by UnfoldGames » Logged

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2015, 11:56:45 PM »

it doesn't really mean much nowadays. You shouldn't really worry about but you can be proud once in lol. There are game that are in the top 100 that never get greenlit .
In the end steam takes a "minimum" of consideration of the game quality.
Every 1 or 2 week, there's a batch of games getting greenlit.

In your case you shouldn't worry at all ^^.The level of polishness over exceeds the steam greenlight level quality of games being submitted.  Your game will be greenlit. You'll just have to wait till the next batch. Last one happened around 15~16 december.
UnfoldGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2015, 12:54:51 PM »

it doesn't really mean much nowadays. You shouldn't really worry about but you can be proud once in lol. There are game that are in the top 100 that never get greenlit .
In the end steam takes a "minimum" of consideration of the game quality.
Every 1 or 2 week, there's a batch of games getting greenlit.

In your case you shouldn't worry at all ^^.The level of polishness over exceeds the steam greenlight level quality of games being submitted.  Your game will be greenlit. You'll just have to wait till the next batch. Last one happened around 15~16 december.

Oh, that's very good to know, thank you for explaining this! The game seems to be doing well on Greenlight, we're at 75% toward top 100%. Hope it works out!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 06:14:29 PM by UnfoldGames » Logged

leblackdragon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2015, 10:03:08 PM »

This looks truly amazing!
The aesthetics are spot on, and the sound design is gorgeous! (duh)
The lucid, floating through the air is done masterfully, and is the game-mechanic I'm most looking forward to seeing more of it. The way the bass kicks in as orientation shifts is awesome.

I don't want to crash the party but here are things I felt I need now from your game:
1- A clear motivation, and real sense of purpose. (looks who's talking!) So he's trapped in his dream. Why? Is he alone in there? Does he suffer from sort of mental disorder? What is waiting for him when he wakes up?
2- Some identity, or back story for the villains. It's like generic dangerous animals living in a forest vs. a methodical, thinking, entity with evil intentions.
3- The game looks like a deeply personal, and intimate experience. Some way to express emotions would help. I like the "paper theater" style, so expecting his face to move would break the art style, so more eye movement would be really nice.

But seriously, truly great work you have there! Good luck and keep it up. Genuinely interested in this!

Welcome to the Cat's Manor:
A Cat's Manor Devlog

Twitter @as3adya

UnfoldGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2015, 01:16:36 AM »

This looks truly amazing!
The aesthetics are spot on, and the sound design is gorgeous! (duh)
The lucid, floating through the air is done masterfully, and is the game-mechanic I'm most looking forward to seeing more of it. The way the bass kicks in as orientation shifts is awesome.

I don't want to crash the party but here are things I felt I need now from your game:
1- A clear motivation, and real sense of purpose. (looks who's talking!) So he's trapped in his dream. Why? Is he alone in there? Does he suffer from sort of mental disorder? What is waiting for him when he wakes up?
2- Some identity, or back story for the villains. It's like generic dangerous animals living in a forest vs. a methodical, thinking, entity with evil intentions.
3- The game looks like a deeply personal, and intimate experience. Some way to express emotions would help. I like the "paper theater" style, so expecting his face to move would break the art style, so more eye movement would be really nice.

But seriously, truly great work you have there! Good luck and keep it up. Genuinely interested in this!

Hey! Really good to hear from you! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts, I'm so happy you got to check it out! Means a lot to me that you liked it. For those who don't know, I had the pleasure of writing music for leblackdragon's amazing game "A Cat's Manor" and I gotta say it's one of the most promising games I've seen in a long time.

As for DARQ, there's a well-thought story behind the game. I thought sharing it would be a massive spoiler, so I'm keeping it a secret until the game is released. All I can say is that every detail is there for a reason. Everything results from the story. But I'm glad you felt the need to know the answers to those questions! I can't wait for you to find out!

Thank you again for watching & commenting!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 06:14:34 PM by UnfoldGames » Logged

Lares Yamoir
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2015, 07:37:48 AM »

Just gave it an upvote on Steam Greenlight. Good luck on your kickstarter  Smiley

UnfoldGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2015, 07:56:44 AM »

Just gave it an upvote on Steam Greenlight. Good luck on your kickstarter  Smiley
Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!

I'm also thankful to all of you who gave it an upvote! We're not officially #93 of the most popular games on Greenlight! Hopefully VALVE will get it greenlit soon!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 06:14:40 PM by UnfoldGames » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic