Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 06:05:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDARQ - psychological horror set in a zero-gravity lucid dream
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: DARQ - psychological horror set in a zero-gravity lucid dream  (Read 7249 times)
-Eli-
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2015, 03:24:15 AM »

Good luck on your campaign! I really like sound and lightning effects. Good work.  Smiley
UnfoldGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2015, 12:54:30 PM »

Good luck on your campaign! I really like sound and lightning effects. Good work.  Smiley
Thank you! We're in TOP 40 on Greenlight! Thank you for all the love & support for DARQ! Smiley

UnfoldGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2016, 07:46:04 PM »

It's been a while, so I thought I'd show you some most recent concept art. Also, we recently got greenlit (top 10 on Greenlight!), I'm sharing my experience in detail here.

More updates coming soon!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 10:30:53 PM by UnfoldGames » Logged

UnfoldGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2016, 10:33:59 PM »

Sharing a couple more concepts here. More detailed dev logs are coming soon Smiley

UnfoldGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2016, 11:29:21 AM »

Sharing some more concept art, this time some in-game objects!

maruki
Level 3

Making Aftertile

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2016, 08:53:36 AM »

I like how the concept art has clearly evolved but still kept what made it unique: thin, distinct strokes, as if all the drawings were scribbled by some insane person.

UnfoldGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2016, 11:46:19 AM »

...as if all the drawings were scribbled by some insane person.
That is actually true!  Well, hello there!

Thank you, happy to hear you like it!

blindskystudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2016, 12:31:54 PM »

Yep. So much yep. This is looking wonderful, I love the zero gravity stuff - it looks like it feels really inline with the lucid dream idea base!

I thought I'd share one of our projects with you - here's a link. Not so much as a shameless plug, but I feel it shares a similar aesthetic with your game and you might find it interesting, as I did your game! And secondly, we recently made the decision to move our environments from 2D to 3D as well - Nothing 3D up yet, but soon . . . Real time lighting and GI were just too good to pass on!

But yeah - Congrats on a well deserved Greenlight, looking forward to checking out more of DARQ!

UnfoldGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2016, 01:01:57 PM »

I thought I'd share one of our projects with you - here's a link. Not so much as a shameless plug, but I feel it shares a similar aesthetic with your game and you might find it interesting, as I did your game! And secondly, we recently made the decision to move our environments from 2D to 3D as well - Nothing 3D up yet, but soon . . . Real time lighting and GI were just too good to pass on!

But yeah - Congrats on a well deserved Greenlight, looking forward to checking out more of DARQ!
Yes, you were right - it was "love from the first screen" Smiley Beautifully done. Thank you for sharing!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 01:11:04 PM by UnfoldGames » Logged

cloudgods
Level 0

im j

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2016, 01:54:32 PM »

This teaser looks fantastic! I've seen this game around before, and I've really loved the look especially with the rotating environments. Keep up the great work!

UnfoldGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2016, 03:29:56 PM »

This teaser looks fantastic! I've seen this game around before, and I've really loved the look especially with the rotating environments. Keep up the great work!
Thank you, will do!

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2016, 04:32:31 PM »

shit, thats amazing! This looks like it's come a really long way.

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2016, 04:58:21 PM »

the first trailer/teaser was already amazing at the time, but the new one is on another level. crazy stuff.
good luck on this project.
UnfoldGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2016, 08:01:28 PM »

shit, thats amazing! This looks like it's come a really long way.
Thank you!
the first trailer/teaser was already amazing at the time, but the new one is on another level. crazy stuff.
good luck on this project.
Means a lot to me, thank you!

ezolhof
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2016, 06:54:34 PM »

I don't say this every day but holy cow, beautiful sound work on the trailer! It's noticeable that you've put a lot of effort on that and believe me, it does pay off!
crusty
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2016, 08:24:15 PM »

So beautiful!

Caravan: devlog | website
UnfoldGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2020, 02:11:04 PM »

Woah, this has been one hell of a journey. My first game DARQ ended up winning multiple awards and became #42 Most Shared PC Game of 2019, according to Metacritic. I wanted to come back here and tell you all that indie dream is still alive and achievable. With $0 marketing budget, it was featured in IGN, Forbes, GameSpot, Kotaku, PC Gamer, and hundreds of other media outlets. It launched with over 70,000 wishlists last August, as one of the top 50 most wishlisted games on Steam, surpassing multiple triple-A titles.

I just finished writing a book about how I made it happen. The book is coming out in July (paperback, ebook, and audio). If you're interested:

vdapps
Level 5

Head against wall since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2020, 02:01:59 AM »

Congrats to book and to success! Inspirational to see devlog like this. From beginning to successful release. Beer!

Maybe it's time to start new devlog? Wink

UnfoldGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2020, 02:56:38 AM »

Congrats to book and to success! Inspirational to see devlog like this. From beginning to successful release. Beer!

Maybe it's time to start new devlog? Wink
Thank you so much! And yes, new devlog is coming Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic