Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411474 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58423 Members - Latest Member: antkind

April 23, 2024, 12:41:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeWritingWriting Forums?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Writing Forums?  (Read 1004 times)
matwek
« on: October 13, 2015, 09:12:28 AM »

Not that I want to leave this great community for pastures new, but does anyone know of any decent writing forums similar to TIGSource?
Not necessarily a forum for writing in general, more a forum for armature writers or self-published authors giving advice to each other, somewhere that you can discuss stories and ideas, and team up and collaborate with other people without having to worry about grammar Nazis.

I find all the advice here on TIGSource, especially the stuff that’s outside physically making the game, so useful, things like where to find indie dev meet ups, what the bring to conventions, what’s the best way to crowdfund your game, etc
It would be nice to find somewhere similar for writing.

Thanks in advance

Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 04:46:56 PM »

but does anyone know of any decent writing forums
without having to worry about grammar Nazis.

Unlikely
matwek
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 01:26:05 AM »

Well I don't mind people helping me with constructive advice and feedback (because I clearly need it at the moment). Just as long as they aren't an arse about it.
I've been on a few forums about writing and they seem to either consist of people trying to sell their current book or people getting on their high horse about the 'proper' way to write.

Just looking for somewhere relaxed and fun to get a bit of advice.
Monstro
Level 0

Writer. Running late but moving quickly

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 01:47:27 AM »

I had a great time on deviantART for a few years. I think you have to put quite a lot into the community before you can get much out of it, and the literature is community is quite large so you will encounter a few "grammar nazis". However I got a good range of feedback, made some good pals, and had a good time. I certainly haven't found anything better since.

Post some stories, submit to groups, comment on other people's work - I'm sure you'll find what you need there.

Rilen
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 06:31:23 AM »

I used to spend a fair amount of time on the SomethingAwful Creative Conventions subforum. People were super friendly and very supportive. Also a good place to network and find out about other projects. Looks like it's still going strong.
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 01:10:47 PM »

I used to spend a fair amount of time on the SomethingAwful Creative Conventions subforum. People were super friendly and very supportive. Also a good place to network and find out about other projects. Looks like it's still going strong.

Thunderdome exists solely so people can receive overly brutal criticism and learn to handle it and not be afraid to show stuff off.  It is in many ways more valuable than people being overly kind.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic