Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:25:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsWonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap (working title)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap (working title)  (Read 51227 times)
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2016, 08:06:04 PM »

this is the most important project in the history of this web site. moreso than spelunky, more than Minecraft. Immeasurably so
Omar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: December 19, 2016, 02:04:02 PM »

this is the most important project in the history of this web site. moreso than spelunky, more than Minecraft. Immeasurably so

I assume you are kidding, but, not remotely Tongue We are just redoing a small game because it touched us when we were kids.

@SolarLune: That video was a little weird, I don't think it is a very videoable game to be honest. The game has lots of flat planes as it is, but mostly it's hard to convey the subtly of that retro style of gameplay in a raw video like that. It is a simple game but between the exploration and the movement it plays well in-my-humble-biased-opinion. I agree there's a little problem with the Lion character now we'll look into it (we have already redone its attack twice now).

defrobo
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2016, 05:54:20 AM »

I just stumbled across this project.. wow.

This was my favorite platformer when I was a kid! I still have strong memories of getting a little teary when I won it because I didn't want it to end  Tears of Joy

Your gameplay video looks very true to the original, and the art style is fresh. Really looking forward to what you do with this!
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2016, 05:32:32 AM »

I assume you are kidding, but, not remotely Tongue We are just redoing a small game because it touched us when we were kids.

@SolarLune: That video was a little weird, I don't think it is a very videoable game to be honest. The game has lots of flat planes as it is, but mostly it's hard to convey the subtly of that retro style of gameplay in a raw video like that. It is a simple game but between the exploration and the movement it plays well in-my-humble-biased-opinion. I agree there's a little problem with the Lion character now we'll look into it (we have already redone its attack twice now).

i'm not kidding, it's important for these clueless savages to play master system games, by force or otherwise
Omar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2016, 06:41:45 AM »

=)

We moved our stuff to the game site/blog so unfortunately not posting much on this thread, but Romain posted a little blog entry about sound design:

http://www.thedragonstrap.com/blog/post/201612_SoundDesign1/

swami_au
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2017, 04:00:05 PM »

Nice playthrough and interview at GiantBomb. Also showcases the retro feature.
Omar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2017, 01:56:28 AM »

Some of the stuff we posted today:

http://www.thedragonstrap.com/blog/post/201703_WonderBoyWonderGirl/

Video

The game is pretty much done at this point.. releasing April 18th.

surt
Level 7

Meat by-product.

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2017, 02:10:45 AM »

So is Hu-Man just another cursed form of the original Wo-Man? Tongue

Real life would be so much better with permadeath.
PJ Gallery - OGA Gallery - CC0 Scraps
Juwdah
Level 2

he he he

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2017, 04:15:10 AM »

I didn't know this had a TIG thread!
Man, this is amazing. I'm baffled everytime I see the transition from new to old graphics being so seamless.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2017, 02:20:37 AM »

i'm not kidding, it's important for these clueless savages to play master system games, by force or otherwise
i just want to reiterate my point here, the uneducated masses are discovering the best game of the 8 bit generation for the first time, which has been left mechanically unaltered from its >>> 1989 <<< form, and is enjoying success. i have posted often on this web site about how the wretched and disgusting humans who inhabit it exist so because they didn't have a master system or a c64, but you are shining a holy light upon them.
Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2017, 08:41:23 AM »

This project really is important. The way you reverse engineered it to make sure it was exactly like the original, it's amazing. And all that artwork is wonderful, can't way to play this when it comes out on PC.

Congratulations on the console release, you did a wonderful job.  Beer!

neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2017, 01:28:30 PM »

Impressive work Wink I'll definitively get it when released on Steam Cool

Any plan on reviving another 8-bit classic? Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic