Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 05:54:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSniper: Attack of the Demon Chickens
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Sniper: Attack of the Demon Chickens  (Read 1466 times)
Nathan (@nathanenglert)
Level 0

twitter.com/nathanenglert

View Profile WWW
« on: October 19, 2015, 04:33:55 PM »

Sniper: Attack of the Demon Chickens is a duck hunt-esque game where you play a soldier brought in to save humanity from an onslaught of possessed, bigger-than-human chickens.

This is a small arcade game that I'm looking to release on Android and possibly PC for starters. I fear I've fallen into the typical downfish -> idea fairy loop that many devs do.. and my goal for this project is just to finish it. Wink I'll be posting thoughts and screenshots along the way, feel free to leave any feedback!

Downloads

Try out the first release of the game here.

Screenshots

Start of the tutorial screen

First look at gameplay

Shout outs!

I want to give a quick shout-out to Luis Zuno (@Ansimuz). He created the backgrounds in the prototypes above and has done some great work in the pixel art realm. Check him out here!

Beer!Toast Right
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 01:39:46 PM by Nathan (@nathanenglert) » Logged

Nathan (@nathanenglert)
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 11:53:11 AM »

October 20, 2015 | Game Mechanics and Concepts

Today I'd like to discuss some of the game mechanics around S:AOTDC. The core of the game is simple, keep the humans alive as long as possible. Once a chicken collides with a human, the human is dead.

The chickens can be brought down by simply clicking on them with your mouse or finger, depending on the device you're playing on. Chickens will vary between running and jumping from the sides of the screen. They will also vary in speeds to add to the difficulty of the game.

This is going to be an arcade-style game, the point is to get as high of a score as possible. For each chicken you kill, you get a point added on to your score. Once all the humans are dead, the game will end and your score will go back to zero. Also, the game will end early if you were to accidentally shoot the humans yourself.

Ideas

- Chickens should vary in size and color to give the player an indication as to how they will behave. i.e. Smaller chickens could be faster.
- As of now, there is currently no way to actually save the humans.. you're just playing until they die.. not sure how yet, but I want to change that.

That's all for now, more to come!

Nathan (@nathanenglert)
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 06:54:12 PM »

October 21, 2015 | Working on Some Enemies

I decided to take a crack at adding a little variation to the chickens.. enemies.. whatever. Here's a few different sizes that I mocked up:

Art style is still a work in progress and could change drastically.. this will help flush out the core game mechanics though.

Does this guy look like he's waddling?

« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 07:03:40 PM by Nathan (@nathanenglert) » Logged

Nathan (@nathanenglert)
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 01:38:48 PM »

October 24, 2015 | First Playable Build!

Hey all, I just put up the first playable build out on Game Jolt. Check it out and let me know what ya think!

http://gamejolt.com/games/sniper-attack-of-the-demon-chickens/103715

Nathan (@nathanenglert)
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 05:40:13 PM »

October 25, 2015 | GUI

Tonight I took a minute to spruce up the main menu from that plain gray background..

Still needs work, but it's nicer to look at every time I boot up the debugger. Tongue

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic