Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 12:29:54 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCreacorp
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Creacorp  (Read 5311 times)
rodolforubens
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2015, 12:26:02 PM »

Hey guys, thanks for the replies! I really appreaciate!

Yes, it really looks like poochyena, and an user from another forum also mentioned zigzagoon, pokémons from the 3rd gen and upward is not really on my mind so if they get to similar I will not even notice, I played ruby/sapphire/emerald too little, but it still may be some unconsciousness inspiration, I used a husky as a reference btw.

@M4uesviecr I hope I can achieve that level of awesomeness, if you look well on some birds pokémon they do an incredible job by animating even some feathers, it's awesome.

Thanks @Arvsgamer, I will keep them coming.

@UnfoldGames, yes it is, Unity is my background with JavaScript, I forgot to put the link on the "this game" on the description and it sounded that I was talking about this game right here and actually it was another one, I'll fix it. Yes, it has some small differences in the syntax...

TitoOliveira
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2016, 12:54:02 PM »

Really like the attention to detail you put on the effects of stepping on different surfaces.

rodolforubens
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2016, 11:00:06 AM »

Hey guys, I gotta a couple of things to show, some creatures that I made in this time that I haven't posted:

Now, time for some environments!

I also, have a lot of new posts on my DevBlog: http://bit.ly/yorkgs

See ya guys, oh, and I'm accepting name suggestions for the creatures.

rodolforubens
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2016, 11:12:14 AM »

Really like the attention to detail you put on the effects of stepping on different surfaces.

Hey, thanks man, I'm doing my best!

rodolforubens
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2016, 04:10:33 PM »

Hey guys, I have some new pics to show, a new character (not a protagonist or anything, I'm still studying lineart and shading styles), I'm going to use this one for prototyping:

The devlog about them: https://yorkgs.wordpress.com/2016/03/28/devlog-12-one-more-sample-character/

TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2016, 05:22:24 PM »

I saw the male character's concept art on Twitter; now that I see the 3D model, I'm even more excited about this project.

Your transfer from 2D to 3D art always has great attention to detail. Keep it up!

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
rodolforubens
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2016, 01:24:50 PM »

I saw the male character's concept art on Twitter; now that I see the 3D model, I'm even more excited about this project.

Your transfer from 2D to 3D art always has great attention to detail. Keep it up!

Hey, thanks Tony! That's very nice to read!

That reference to the death mountain gif you saw on twitter Tongue

TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2016, 05:13:36 PM »

All you need to do is make the smoke red and have a giant ancient dragon hiding inside and it'll be a full-fledged homage to Ocarina of Time Tongue

I do think you should be able to enter that volcano somehow...even if it's a post-game final dungeon with a super rare monster to capture.

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
rodolforubens
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2016, 12:40:32 PM »

All you need to do is make the smoke red and have a giant ancient dragon hiding inside and it'll be a full-fledged homage to Ocarina of Time Tongue

I do think you should be able to enter that volcano somehow...even if it's a post-game final dungeon with a super rare monster to capture.

hehe, indeed it is also a cave, and there will be monsters inside, not sure if I'm going to put any rare creature inside yet but maybe...

Here are some new screenshots of the first level "done", the Roken Volcano:

here is the link for the devlog of it:
http://yorkgs.wordpress.com/2016/04/07/devlog-13-roken-the-first-level/

rodolforubens
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2016, 08:21:40 AM »

Walk/Run animation blending, still trying to improve the running animation.

rodolforubens
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2016, 11:47:13 AM »

Hey guys, I just implemented this little system so the creature follows the coach around.

rodolforubens
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2016, 11:11:33 AM »

Hello guys, it's been a very long time! haha
In this time I have made so much things but unfortunately I can't show everything because they are more internal fixes on the battle system, player and creatures movement, etc, etc, but I also made some stuff that I can show, and I made a video about it:

The devlog post detailing a little more of the battle system is here: https://yorkgs.wordpress.com/2016/06/06/devlog-14-first-wip-video-battle-system-etc/

I also made some gifs in case you don't want to see the video:

the player being chased by a hostile wild creature

a preview of the battle

the player's creature following him around

What do you guys think, any feedback?

Next to do is experience points/level up and move points.

TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2016, 01:48:25 PM »

I really like the direction this is heading in. Sincerely.

Running looks great. The creature following you looks great. I also like how the battle system can use a click function in the corners. Really adds to the interactivity instead of limiting to controlling menus with keys/controllers.

One thing...I recommend finding an alternative to the "ground circle" that appears underneath each creature. I know the game is heavily influenced by Pokemon, but this specific trick of acknowledging where the monsters are on the map seems very much like Pokemon X&Y and ORAS. I think you executed it well, I'd just hate to see you receive a ton of flack for "copying" an idea from its influence. Does that make sense?

If not, let me know if I can help clarify!

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
rodolforubens
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2016, 02:24:48 PM »

I really like the direction this is heading in. Sincerely.

Running looks great. The creature following you looks great. I also like how the battle system can use a click function in the corners. Really adds to the interactivity instead of limiting to controlling menus with keys/controllers.

One thing...I recommend finding an alternative to the "ground circle" that appears underneath each creature. I know the game is heavily influenced by Pokemon, but this specific trick of acknowledging where the monsters are on the map seems very much like Pokemon X&Y and ORAS. I think you executed it well, I'd just hate to see you receive a ton of flack for "copying" an idea from its influence. Does that make sense?

If not, let me know if I can help clarify!

Yes! You are right! Thanks for the kind words. And yes, in the moment that I put this I thought that this would not be a good idea to have, it IS exactly the same thing and I agree with you, I will just leave the creatures above the ground without anything below them, at least for now, or at least until I think about something better/different. And you are right, I need to get out a little of the Pokémon "shadow" and make things different. Thanks Tony! You are always helpful!!

TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2016, 02:40:59 PM »

No problem! If there's anything I can do to help, let me know. I'm happy to give feedback whenever Smiley

My Twitter is always open, as is my email/website/inbox. Never hesitate to reach out! :D

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
rodolforubens
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2016, 04:47:20 PM »

No problem! If there's anything I can do to help, let me know. I'm happy to give feedback whenever Smiley

My Twitter is always open, as is my email/website/inbox. Never hesitate to reach out! :D

Hey Tony, thanks for the support as always, I will sure do it when I have something music related to do! :D

So.. I have something new to show you guys, I just finished drawing all the 20 creatures that will be available in the prototype of the game that I will release with the crowdfunding campaign:

You can check them out individually in higher resolution in these social networks:
Facebook: http://bit.ly/yorkgsfb
Twitter: http://bit.ly/yorkgstw
Tumblr: http://bit.ly/yorkgstb
IndieDB: http://bit.ly/creacorpindiedb
DeviantArt: http://bit.ly/ygsdeviant

But wait, there is more, there will also be another creature (which is going to be unique, or rare) that I will not show any images of it, in the prototype, to make things more interesting!  Cheesy

That's it guys, what do you guys think?

I will start modelling them now.

Sankar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2016, 05:10:32 PM »

I think the 3D models look very very good, and the graphics and effects too. You have something solid here!

I'm not entirely sure if I dig the "separated fight screen" (IDK how to call it lol), while in the very first images it made sense, because you had a  simpler top-down view. Now I just think that it would make way more sense if the battle happened in the World itself. It would be cooler and even simpler.

a 3D Pokemon game with exploration and battle was the dream of many of us for a long long time. I mean, even Blizzard has a "Pokemon-ish minigame" in World of Warcraft...
Now, looking at this as a potential customer, I'm not sure if a turn-based Pokemon clone can really fly. A Semi Real-Time (maybe like the latest final fantasies) where you input moves against an ATB bar, and there is a sense of "flow" to it. Could be more fun. IMHO. Because the turn based thing has been already really overdone...

About the designs. They are cool. But it is really hard to make interesting creatures... I mean, Nintendo is suffering with it for generations, they never really did go back to how cool the first gen looked. So, about yours... I think they are okay, but a little bit more of general direction could help a little. Some look like normal animals (the birds), other like smart pets (like the dog), the frog looks like a sentient alien and the owl looks like a cartoon. One of the things that always helped pokemon is the fact that no matter how, they always felt like they belonged in the same universe..

Anyway, I'm really waiting to see how this turns out.
Hope it all goes well in your kickstarter and its always nice to see a fellow brasileiro here.
Keep it up man!

crusty
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2016, 08:36:54 AM »

I like the roach creature a lot

Caravan: devlog | website
TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2016, 04:38:14 PM »

I really like the newest creatures, as I've seen uploaded one by one on Twitter!

One common denominator that I think strengthens your creatures is the juxtaposition of different color schemes on each creature. For example, the tall bunny in the top right corner is pink-grey-pink, similar to how the fish has the black-red-black. Or the horse with Gold-black-gold. See what I'm saying?

I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but it definitely adds unification to your creature-base. Well done! Smiley

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
rodolforubens
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2016, 03:30:43 PM »

I like the roach creature a lot
Thanks crusty!!

I really like the newest creatures, as I've seen uploaded one by one on Twitter!

One common denominator that I think strengthens your creatures is the juxtaposition of different color schemes on each creature. For example, the tall bunny in the top right corner is pink-grey-pink, similar to how the fish has the black-red-black. Or the horse with Gold-black-gold. See what I'm saying?

I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but it definitely adds unification to your creature-base. Well done! Smiley

Yes! It's intentional, I'm trying to keep some kind of consistency on their design, but I will do something very different creatures from time to time! Thanks a lot tony!

I think the 3D models look very very good, and the graphics and effects too. You have something solid here!

I'm not entirely sure if I dig the "separated fight screen" (IDK how to call it lol), while in the very first images it made sense, because you had a  simpler top-down view. Now I just think that it would make way more sense if the battle happened in the World itself. It would be cooler and even simpler.

a 3D Pokemon game with exploration and battle was the dream of many of us for a long long time. I mean, even Blizzard has a "Pokemon-ish minigame" in World of Warcraft...
Now, looking at this as a potential customer, I'm not sure if a turn-based Pokemon clone can really fly. A Semi Real-Time (maybe like the latest final fantasies) where you input moves against an ATB bar, and there is a sense of "flow" to it. Could be more fun. IMHO. Because the turn based thing has been already really overdone...

About the designs. They are cool. But it is really hard to make interesting creatures... I mean, Nintendo is suffering with it for generations, they never really did go back to how cool the first gen looked. So, about yours... I think they are okay, but a little bit more of general direction could help a little. Some look like normal animals (the birds), other like smart pets (like the dog), the frog looks like a sentient alien and the owl looks like a cartoon. One of the things that always helped pokemon is the fact that no matter how, they always felt like they belonged in the same universe..

Anyway, I'm really waiting to see how this turns out.
Hope it all goes well in your kickstarter and its always nice to see a fellow brasileiro here.
Keep it up man!

Hey Sankr! Thanks for the compliments man!
I was really considering putting the battle in the game world and also planning to do it some kind of real time battle but since day one I had some plans that would never work with real time battles nor battles happening in the game world, which is the 6vs6 battles, I know that I already sounding annoying always repeating this feature but I really think that this will turn out to be very good when implemented right, I remember spending lots of hours playing disciples 1 & 2, and I think that by combining the type weakness thing, lots of moves to choose and etc from the pokémon games with this mechanic from disciples games will turn out to be very nice and fun, of course, without losing that pokémon feel in 1vs1 battles, but, anyway, battling is not the only thing that the player will be able to do, I have lots of planned features to implement.

About the creatures, I'm trying to keep them consistent but it's really hard (I'm not a professional designer), I will get this better with time, also, when they make it to 3d maybe they will look like they belong to the same world, the only guideline I have when drawing them is: don't make they look like they were inspired in objects, like Magnemite for example. But in the end, a bird creature/pokémon doesn't have too much to differ from their original counterpart animals, like the Pidgey for example, he is not so different than a common bird, the same is for spearow, these two are just normal birds, of course, we also have doduo, moltres, etc... But it's just a matter of time to get everything right, also, I will still add lots of creatures, this is just for the demo prototype!

Thanks for the review of how things are going, really appreciate! Abração!  Toast Right Toast Left

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic