Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 01:55:43 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallGalaxy Bros (level 1 to 4)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Galaxy Bros (level 1 to 4)  (Read 3240 times)
Dim_Yimma_H
Level 1

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2009, 03:49:42 PM »

It's plagiary and shameless, but loving.

It's fun for 5 minutes, maybe more. It ends in level four.

Let's play it, download the game here on Softpedia.

Also, it's easy like a walk in a park. You're welcome to talk about it, or only walk, if you want.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 11:29:36 AM by JimmySH » Logged

Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 04:41:40 PM »

That was pretty cool, although I had no idea what I was doing and how. What annoyed me a bit was that the controls switched from Left/Right to Up/Down halfway around a planet, as that is pretty confusing. I suddenly stopped moving and no idea why.
eddietree
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 04:43:30 PM »

I'm guessing this is a homage to Mario Galaxy. nevertheless, the game video looks awesome. Will def play when i get home from this boring day at work.

Dim_Yimma_H
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 06:33:55 AM »

That was pretty cool, although I had no idea what I was doing and how.

I think it was pretty cool too Cool

What annoyed me a bit was that the controls switched from Left/Right to Up/Down halfway around a planet, as that is pretty confusing.

If you have a feeling that clockwise/rotational control would be easier, you can change to "Clockwise" control in the "Menu>, Options/, Control>" menu. Then the forward arrow key will be mapped to clockwise around the planet, and the backward arrow key will be mapped to counter-clockwise around the planet.

I'm guessing this is a homage to Mario Galaxy.

I was so excited when I first read about Super Mario Galaxy! It was inspiring. This kind of game play was what I looked forward to, but to be honest most of the homage is intended to the original Super Mario Bros.

nevertheless, the game video looks awesome. Will def play when i get home from this boring day at work.

To get home is one of the best things with work. Cheers.

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 02:24:33 PM »

Ah, you worked on it some more! It is great, and also a befitting homage! I loved it!
Dim_Yimma_H
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 02:35:22 PM »

That's great to hear! And thanks for your idea back then Inanimate, about switching the controls in the options menu, it turned out to be a good way to keep the controls consistent (the other alternative, to switch "intelligently" during game play was confusing).

Ah, you worked on it some more!

The plan was to cover the four first levels of Super Mario Bros with planet gravity, a proof of the concept, but still with some variation beyond the demo. So this seems like the final version of this project.

UltimateWalrus
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 05:49:20 PM »

Awesome game!  It's not "plagiarized" or "shameless..." it's a fan game.  Kind of like Konjak's "Legend of Princess."

I think it woulda been cool with some ambient noise or something, though.

Dim_Yimma_H
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 10:18:52 AM »

It's not "plagiarized" or "shameless..." it's a fan game.

Haha, that's true. Maybe a fan game can also be "shameless" in a positive sense Wink

I actually like a bunch of fan games, and I believe they have something good in common: combining a feeling of recognition, with excitement over what goes beyond that recognition.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic