Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411486 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 08:42:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignPitch your game topic
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 107
Print
Author Topic: Pitch your game topic  (Read 376535 times)
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2009, 04:55:14 PM »

"The world has been attacked by evil beings who silence it, and you are a being sent from the heavens to eliminate them with the power of MUSIC!"

This looks so fucking AWESOME in my head. Think a beat'em up with rythim game elements and the graphical style of Gitaroo Man.

It sounds extremely like the last stage of EBA, and a full game made out of that would be made of all sorts of cool.
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2009, 04:58:28 PM »

A 2D sidescrolling shooter where you are a gentleman (monocle, top hat, suite, 'stache, etc.) WITH ZOMBIES AND BLOOD AND CARNAGE AND MANLINESS!

The artist formally known as "Javet."
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2009, 05:20:51 PM »

"The world has been attacked by evil beings who silence it, and you are a being sent from the heavens to eliminate them with the power of MUSIC!"

This looks so fucking AWESOME in my head. Think a beat'em up with rythim game elements and the graphical style of Gitaroo Man.

It sounds extremely like the last stage of EBA, and a full game made out of that would be made of all sorts of cool.

Yeah, maybe a bit more elaboration:

Musia
Okay... this is going to be written differently. I love this one. Really. MetaKnightmareGirl was the first to check it, and she liked it. That was what inspired me to come here. You might have seen the drawing on her DA page of the basic enemy, Static? I loved it. This is my masterpiece. It's my best idea I think. Now, enjoy...

On a distant planet, a mysterious power, called the Static, attacks. They steal the sounds of the world, and replace them with fake sounds. Using the sounds and beauty of nature, they increase in power, and destroy worlds. But, the great being Harmony sheds a tear... and creates you... Beat.

Using the power of music, lay down the sound on your foes. Arranging 'Notes' into songs, and then successfully playing those songs Guitar Hero style, is the key to saving the planet.

During the game, you collect things called 'Notes', which you can arrange in a Song Editor to create beautiful music. By gaining things called 'Slots' you can make your songs longer. Leveling up also let's you add on more notes to the song, not length wise. See, notes cost 'NP', and your Level increases the amount of NP you can put in your songs. You have for songs(activated Psyche / Sin style).  Use them wisely. Press a key to activate a song, and then select an enemy in range (Volume on Notes increases range... Pitch increases damage.). Now, the notes of your song will fly across the screen. When the hit the blue line on the left side, press either Q (for the top), A (Middle.), Z (Low), and Alt {Bottom). After you play a song, if your enemy is still alive,t hey play their own. Also, their are four 'genres'. Smooth, Rough, Sharp, and Wave. Smooth is brass, Rough is percussion, Sharp is winds or strings (sometimes...) and Wave is usually Orchestra. Smooth beats Rough, Rough beats Wave, Wave beats Sharp, and Sharp beats smooth. Enemies are one of those types (the icon is over their head during battle.) Playing a note that they are good against HURTS YOU, so just skip the note.

The foes you fight are the Static. By clearing a screen of them, the less there are, the more 'real', and less 'chiptune' the music is. Clearing a boss of an Area saves the music forever. The landscape is being turned into factories and the like. Destroy these to save the world. Using music, stop the Static... and be a hero.

Oh, and YES, I would really want to make this. Please help me!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 05:27:50 PM by Inanimate » Logged
Seth
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2009, 07:01:11 PM »

A short (6 hour?) RPG where you take control of man who never leaves his home, sustaining himself by ordering groceries with the insurance money he got from his late wife's death.  As both his financial situation and physique are the stuff of legend in the small town in which he lives, one night thieves enter his home and steal most of the money he had left and kill his dog in the process. The local sheriff's office is sympathetic but at a loss for a lead.  Faced with the prospect of losing his home and looking for revenge, the obese man has no choice but to leave his house for the first time in years and rediscover the world outside.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2009, 03:21:11 PM »

That's depressing. Sad At least spare the poor dog.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2009, 03:31:22 PM »

A user generated MMO, much like Second Life, where you can own your own tiny planetoid.  Build new houses, feed off the land, or take over other planets.  Each planetoid has it's own resources and life forms.

Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2009, 05:42:35 PM »

LittleBigPrince?
Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2009, 05:45:33 PM »

Yeah... pretty much.

Seth
« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2009, 06:46:31 PM »

That's depressing. Sad At least spare the poor dog.

yeah, maybe
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: March 25, 2009, 02:42:41 PM »

I'd like to see more games use a SCUMM-like interface. Something like Gears of War would be interesting. Just imagine all the ridiculous possibilities...
Strong
Level 1

Umm... okay.

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 25, 2009, 04:00:34 PM »

one of the sunglasses-wearing, skateboard-riding attitude heroes of old school gaming turning into an old dude and getting into his getup one last time
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 25, 2009, 04:19:34 PM »

Some kind of Blues Brothers-esque driver wherein you attempt to evade cops by performing ever more ludicrous stunts. The cop cars will always try to follow you, usually resulting in massive explosions.
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: March 25, 2009, 04:27:47 PM »

A revamped version of the arcade game Lucky and Wild.
Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: March 25, 2009, 04:34:02 PM »

FUTUROLOGY-

An explorational Patapon rip-off.

That is all.  Gentleman

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 25, 2009, 04:43:24 PM »

Well, here I go with another:

Basically, it's an offbeat, weird platformer where the enemies ARE your friends, but also your enemies. At the same time. Basically, every enemy has a use (being a platform, breaking blocks, etc.), but at the same time are trying to kill you. You have to use there uses to beat a level, but dodge their attacks too.
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 25, 2009, 05:08:03 PM »

A survival platformer where the mind of a crack-addict is causing the world to end!

The artist formally known as "Javet."
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 26, 2009, 09:15:00 AM »

An action game in which the protagonist uses juggling to dispatch his enemies.
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2009, 08:02:50 AM »

A platformer in which jump height and running speed are based off of the current position in a sin wave or cosin wave. You jump either really high or not at all, and your running speed is constantly oscillating.

But since running speed would be based off of something that's equally positive and negative, you'd just end up going back and forth in the same place, right? That's where the fun part comes in. Not only would you be able to see what position you're on in the wave, you'd also be able to translate between waves at will. By switching between sin and cosin waves, you could keep your speed consistently high. The real fun comes when you add in other circle graphs, like tangents and cosecants. It would be fun to build levels out of that kind of game mechanic.
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: March 27, 2009, 01:12:05 PM »

How 'bout a low-poly alternative to Mirror's Edge? Still first-person parkour, but the levels are made out of big blocky chunks- almost like making a playground out of Lego pieces, making it easy to assemble new levels with pre-generated pieces. Also, multiplayer.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 27, 2009, 03:32:43 PM »

How 'bout a low-poly alternative to Mirror's Edge? Still first-person parkour, but the levels are made out of big blocky chunks- almost like making a playground out of Lego pieces, making it easy to assemble new levels with pre-generated pieces. Also, multiplayer.

You just described the downloadeable level pack for the original ME. Minus multiplayer. And the ability to create your levels.

A platformer in which jump height and running speed are based off of the current position in a sin wave or cosin wave. You jump either really high or not at all, and your running speed is constantly oscillating.

But since running speed would be based off of something that's equally positive and negative, you'd just end up going back and forth in the same place, right? That's where the fun part comes in. Not only would you be able to see what position you're on in the wave, you'd also be able to translate between waves at will. By switching between sin and cosin waves, you could keep your speed consistently high. The real fun comes when you add in other circle graphs, like tangents and cosecants. It would be fun to build levels out of that kind of game mechanic.

Stop trying to force me to learn mathstuffs!

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 107
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic