Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 02:33:41 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignPitch your game topic
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 107
Print
Author Topic: Pitch your game topic  (Read 373282 times)
Fuzz
« Reply #140 on: April 10, 2009, 06:48:47 PM »

Instead of a macro strategy game like Supreme Commander, how about a micro strategy game? For example, an arm wrestling game where you control the amount of pressure in each finger in order to maintain a firm enough grip to win.

For another idea: A one-button minigame collection for the PC. Every key could be potentially assigned to a player, so theoretically you could have- hang on a sec...

...103 people crowded around a single computer, waiting for their button to be called. Heck, with that many people, you could just make pressing the button in time the game.
Chicanery with 103 people? Durr...?
Rskennan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: April 10, 2009, 11:04:12 PM »

This isn't the game I'm working on, but it's on my list.

Extreme Deathmatch Bowling: Bored extradimensional beings have kidnapped the world's most entertaining (notice I didn't say "best") bowlers to compete to the death in a sadistic tournament that combines miniature golf-styled obstacles, bowling, and murder. It would be hardcore black comedy, with influences like "The Big Lebowski" and "Kingpin". Gameplay would be as strategic as I could make it, and it would get *wierd*, since the aliens could change the laws of reality at a whim. Reality would usually only shift as a premise for a level- not in the middle of things, though the courses themselves would often respond to player actions in gameable ways.   
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 11, 2009, 12:42:23 PM »

Here's a simple idea...

It's a lot like older games, being a simple platformer. Every 'Area' is called just that, and they are split into the individual levels, called 'Sections'. I have no idea for a nifty gameplay mechanic (since I like all my games to have SOMETHING unique...), so after this, if ANY of you have a suggestion, I will duly consider it, and will thank you profusely.

The story is these weird 'Darskians' are attacking the small planet of 'Litall', YOUR planet! As a hero, you have to stop the evil Darskians!
genericuser
« Reply #143 on: April 11, 2009, 02:30:29 PM »

a one-button fps

the moving is decided for you- you only decide whether to shoot or not

Gordon's Trigger Finger!
Krumbs
Level 1

Huun Huur Tu

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 11, 2009, 03:01:14 PM »

A space ship that's falling apart at the seams, you have to run around picking up bits of scrap metal, patching up holes and things.
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: April 11, 2009, 05:14:56 PM »

I love this idea- could be a fun party game.
BeskarKomrk
« Reply #146 on: April 12, 2009, 03:55:42 PM »

A combat focused rts (space based) with no resources beyond the ships you have and the planets you conquer. You don't choose what ships are produced or when, but instead have to use the ones you have. If you don't use them well, they get destroyed and you eventually lose. Certain planets are shipyards that produce new ships on a regular basis. NO CLICKING TO PRODUCE UNITS!!!!!! Originally envisioned as a star wars game.
JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: April 13, 2009, 01:00:24 PM »

i thought of this after seeing the trailer for Moon (check it out if you havent seen it)

I have always been fascianted with games liek harvest moon, and survior kid. so heres my pitch.

you are sent to terraform a planet. you are all alone on this planet. you collect rocks, to convert to parts to convert to robots. you can have an infinite number of robots, but they are very basic. each one does only one job, so you are given this monumental task and need to work to get it done by building these robots to build your necessary machines. your base is rather small, but it is a self replicating base capable of building onto itself if you collect the necessary equipment ( you can add storage bays, rec rooms so you can have something to do during the day while the robots run, and even a vivarium to cultivate plants for once the surface becomes hospitable.) so you are basically given this task with free reign of how you complete it. the biggest challenge is if you can do it all without dying or losing your mind. also on the subject of death. if your character dies they are dead and will not come back. a distress signal is sent to earth and then they send a replacment. sadly this whole process takes 100 years. so you are given a new character on the same planet with everything you have already done. and each robot has a possibility of being broken, missing, or perhaps its been doing its job relentlessly for the last 100 years. so do you think you could handle creating an entire world?

Rskennan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: April 13, 2009, 01:27:26 PM »

That sounds amazing. I would play the Hell out of that game. Can you email it to me tomorrow? Wink

Seriously, though, it sounds like my perfect game. Especially if you or the environment can affect the life that you're introducing... mutating it in positive or negative ways. That might be something to have happen after you die and your replacement is on the way, though. Imagine if there was a semi-random variable after the 100 year "phone home" delay, that further delayed humanity's return? What if there was a major war on Terra, sending everyone back to the stone age, and the delay became more like 1,000 years or more?

Stuff like that...
Wishfallen
Level 0

Flat-based!

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 14, 2009, 03:28:19 AM »

I'm not sure if it's been done or said before, but:

A man who lives inside a graphical equalizer. You pick a song, then platform your way to the end of the level. To make silence less easy, probably adding something that adds enemies if the song goes quiet (or maybe it inverts, and you have to avoid getting smashed by pillars of sound?)

Signature nullified!
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: April 14, 2009, 02:17:42 PM »

Evenator has an equalizer style idea too. You have to 'balance out' the equalizer. Your idea is pretty cool, just checking to see if the way the ground moves in that game is similar to your idea. Maybe this one could help too? Iunno.
Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 14, 2009, 06:48:52 PM »

A ninja platformer about staying in the shadows and performing stealth kills rather than just ripping through your foes. Lights would actually create shadows realistically and smashing the lights would be an easy skip, but raise the alarm slightly.

Lo
RadLab
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 14, 2009, 06:55:48 PM »

a one-button fps

Brilliant. I love it.
Strong
Level 1

Umm... okay.

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 15, 2009, 05:28:00 PM »

a one-button fps

Brilliant. I love it.
it'd work great for platform shooters, too

imagine megaman or contra where all you can do is shoot
JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: April 15, 2009, 05:31:45 PM »

a one-button fps

Brilliant. I love it.
it'd work great for platform shooters, too

imagine megaman or contra where all you can do is shoot

thers an iphone arena shooter where you constantly fly around a whirlpool and shoot and all you can control is the radius. its pretty crazy i love minamalistic control schemes.

Mr Dumle
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 16, 2009, 01:21:09 PM »

An online 2 player game where you collect clues apart from each other but meet to share or trade clues and thus solve the mysteries and puzzles.  Noir

Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: April 16, 2009, 03:52:12 PM »

A detective game set inside a multiplayer FPS. You have to figure out exactly how the player died.
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: April 16, 2009, 08:56:55 PM »

A detective game set inside a multiplayer FPS. You have to figure out exactly how the player died.

...this sounds interesting. Do you mean like, something kills a player in a multiplayer fps and you have to go and figure out exactly what killed him? (stray bullet, exploding barrel rockets a corpse across the map and kills from concussive damage, face to face confrontation, etc)? because that would be really cool.

Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: April 17, 2009, 03:38:11 AM »

Yep- of course, for this to work, all evidence would have to be sustained by the engine so that blood stains, tire tracks and suchlike would be retained for investigation. You could even create cases based on those crazy videos of people getting knocked out by traffic cones or their own sniper bullet.
genericuser
« Reply #159 on: April 17, 2009, 05:55:11 AM »

a one-button fps

Brilliant. I love it.

It's been done  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 107
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic