Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 07:55:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignPitch your game topic
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 107
Print
Author Topic: Pitch your game topic  (Read 373257 times)
mks
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: September 18, 2015, 07:38:19 AM »

A racing game with rougelike mechanics that explores the finite nature of existence.

Where's the Spelunky 2 DevLog, Derek?
Pfotegeist
« Reply #2001 on: September 21, 2015, 03:24:34 AM »

Games could spawn where the character's flaw or superpower is hysterical numbness. s/he/it then pretends to respond accurately, so nobody notices.

Hysterical Numbness. Going completely numb from the anticipation of feeling something physical or emotional.

Category: buzzkillgame
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2002 on: September 24, 2015, 05:42:10 AM »

In a land ruled by demons the only help you've got is a crazy broken AI that's convinced it's an ancient tree.
How long will you survive?

You wake up in the middle of a wasteland.
Your only hope is to listen to an old crazy AI in a form of ancient giant tree.

A broken computer AI sends its emmissary to sure death.
How long will you survive in a land ruled by demons?

Any of these sound interesting? Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 06:25:34 AM by ANtY » Logged

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: September 24, 2015, 02:29:00 PM »

Last one sounds like system shock, but other than that these are good ideas.

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2004 on: September 25, 2015, 04:04:26 AM »

thanks, I changed it into:

An insane AI sends its emissary to sure death.
How long will you survive on this impossible mission?

how does it sound?

DragonDePlatino
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2005 on: September 25, 2015, 05:52:08 PM »

That actually sounds pretty great! There could even be some gameplay elements where you manage to survive despite the odds and the AI puts some artificial restrictions on you. Kind of like Tower of Heaven, but with some different theming.

LucasMaxBros
Level 2

My body is ready.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2006 on: September 26, 2015, 01:07:46 AM »

Decided to post this here from another topic I posted this in, since I guess it would fit here too.

There's a game in the future that I want to pitch that would have an empathy mechanic. It's current name is "Last of Mail". The idea is that the world has advanced to the point that we are very dependent on technology and there is only ONE mail office left - and it's about to shutdown. You, the protagonist, are the last mail carrier. Suddenly a war breaks out and no one is safe from technology. You suddenly become one of the most important people in your city at the time and now have a much heavier job delivering mail, whether it be bills, newspaper, secrets, love letters, or perhaps a message to an enemy. Does that sound good at all?

I also imagine there could be a lot of speed to the game, since you're trying to deliver stuff to people all over a city on a routine route and on a timely bases while at the same time trying to avoid any possible confrontation since a war is happening. After all, this is the future, so mail carriers trying to compete with light-speed email must have evolved in SOME fashion.

Halogen
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2007 on: September 26, 2015, 07:12:20 AM »

@LucasMaxBros that sounds intriguing, and honestly I'd be interested in seeing it if it ever gets completed. The plot is solid for the level of simplicity, so that's a good sign. I like it.
mks
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: September 26, 2015, 08:30:17 AM »

@LucasMaxBros: reminds me a bit of the movie

from Kevin Costner. The movie's based on a book by the same name btw.

Where's the Spelunky 2 DevLog, Derek?
LucasMaxBros
Level 2

My body is ready.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2009 on: September 26, 2015, 09:27:14 AM »

Decided to read up on that, got quite the laugh. Apparently the story takes place where I live! Also thanks! I might just have to do that as my next project then.

Mariofan0
Level 0

Your Local Nintendo Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #2010 on: October 03, 2015, 07:19:58 AM »

"A MMO Top Down Platformmer, with limited Field Of View, & 3D Visuals, paired with a Randomly Generated Open World setting, & mild combat."

You wanted a signature? Boy I bet you're dissapointed.
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: October 03, 2015, 04:40:06 PM »

That honestly sounds like a clusterfudge. I would watch a let's play of that though.

shellbot
« Reply #2012 on: October 05, 2015, 02:11:08 PM »

"A MMO Top Down Platformmer, with limited Field Of View, & 3D Visuals, paired with a Randomly Generated Open World setting, & mild combat."

and spiders
ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2013 on: October 10, 2015, 12:47:47 AM »

and spiders
vs zombies

Sik
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2014 on: October 16, 2015, 10:06:29 AM »

Old post but:

They don't know z is for jump on keyboard platformers

Sol defaults to spacebar for jumping. Somehow just about everybody got that key right away. Even more scary though, when they got a power-up, they wouldn't try looking for another button (as you'd expect), they would either double jump or crouch+jump (and if they didn't get it right in the first try, they'd get it right in the second). This is scary in that the first combination is the one used by Sol, and the second one by Project MD, its spiritual prequel.

For the record, spacebar for jumping was a lot more common during the DOS days (that's where I got the idea). That it's the largest button probably helps.
Daruman
Level 0

私は犬が大好きだよなぁぁ~

View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: October 22, 2015, 08:28:40 PM »

A dating simulator / city building game.

You play a prince who is turned into a frog by a witch on the same day you are crowned and become king. It's hard to find true love when you have a kingdom to develop.

This sounds great in my head but I honestly don't know if it would be worth trying.

Kilig: noun. It is the sudden feeling of an inexplicable joy one gets when something romantic or idealistic occurs. I don\'t think there\'s an English word or phrase for it. even Butterfly Stomach doesn\'t do justice to \"kilig\".
TammiDev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: October 25, 2015, 07:33:44 AM »

A dating simulator / city building game.

You play a prince who is turned into a frog by a witch on the same day you are crowned and become king. It's hard to find true love when you have a kingdom to develop.

This sounds great in my head but I honestly don't know if it would be worth trying.

I have a question about your idea. How does the prince being turned into a frog relate to (still) having a kingdom to develop?
Daruman
Level 0

私は犬が大好きだよなぁぁ~

View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: October 25, 2015, 02:53:44 PM »

I suppose because he became king, and the kingdom was in a bit of shit. He is a hands on sort of king.

Kilig: noun. It is the sudden feeling of an inexplicable joy one gets when something romantic or idealistic occurs. I don\'t think there\'s an English word or phrase for it. even Butterfly Stomach doesn\'t do justice to \"kilig\".
diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2018 on: November 08, 2015, 11:52:56 AM »

I realized something about a couple of projects of mine. They are not games at all, they are places I want to escape to. My space exploration game was really just a pod in space I can walk around and look out the window. And you know what? I like that. Maybe others could find peace in this place as well.

Pix n chips
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: November 10, 2015, 08:43:03 AM »

What do you guys think about this:

An action plataformer set in a square shape room where you can change the gravity and you have to pile crates to reach the center of the game.

IDK, I does not totally convince me, but I can not think of something different.

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 107
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic