Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:32:10 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignPitch your game topic
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 107
Print
Author Topic: Pitch your game topic  (Read 373259 times)
sanwayzar
Level 0

Game Director at Game-O-Gami

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2060 on: December 17, 2016, 09:06:44 PM »

IMMORTAL: Wield the power of the gods to summon your champions and capture enemy forces, in this strategy card game of myths and legends. Command your pantheon of cards representing the gods, heroes, and monsters of the ancient Greeks, Norse, Japanese, Egyptians, Celtics, or Native Americans.

GOBLINS DROOL, FAIRIES RULE!: a beautifully-illustrated card game of rhyme and reason for kids of all ages! Unravel this competitive puzzle for 2 to 4 players, using the magic of rhymes to transform goblins into fairies, and fairies into goblins. Be the first to get rid of all your goblin cards, or gather 7 fairy cards, to win the game!

FEED THE BEAST: Endlessly hunt and gather food for your pet monster or it will eat you. As a brave little orc, explore an infinite procedural dungeon - finding food for your hungry monster, and magical items which will help you in your task. The more you feed your disgusting(ly-cute) monster, the bigger it and its appetite will grow. If your monster dies of hunger or sickness, you lose. If you die while fighting the perils of your dungeon home, you lose. If your monster eats you, you lose.

ArtOfTheWild
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: December 18, 2016, 07:49:18 AM »

A Minions Road to Monstery:

- Slight Megaman-esque side scroller where player controls an overachieving SLIME with hopes of becoming a true bonafide monster instead of early game fodder for noobies.
- Assimilates other monster's/hero's traits and characteristics by consuming them - though overtly indulging in one or the other changes the flow of the game. Too many monster consumptions will cause other beasties to seek you out and put you back at the bottom of the food chain. Too many heroes/humans will cause guilds and parties to hunt you down and slay you.
Endgame - Rule over monster/humankind?

Tower Of God:
- Reach heaven through violence. Choose between 4 classes to make your journey skyward and see how far you can make it before the creatures serving god manage to stop you. If/when you expire the character class is then locked to that floor - unless a tribute is made to resurrect it or another class happens to die. One can also challenge the previously slain class to free them from their fate.
- Metroidvania + Roguelike - (still playing around with the details)
- Main objective is to murder God and topple his throne.
woodsmoke
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: March 23, 2017, 01:44:09 PM »

Slay dungeon monsters with your chess pieces.

The king must survive!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 09:25:51 AM by melerski » Logged

Wilson Saunders
Level 5

Nobody suspects the hamster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2063 on: August 03, 2017, 12:58:34 PM »

Diesel punk airplane twinstick shooter about attacking formations of large bomber aircraft. The Bomber aircraft can only be shot down by hitting specific weak points. Bombers are defended by fighters and turrets. The turrets have blind spots where bomber superstructure (wings, tail fin, ect) can't shoot. Optimal strategy will be to bait and shoot down the fighters away from the bombers. Then find a blind spot in the bomber formation's turret grid where the player can set up an actuate shot on bomber's weak point. Bomber formations would be static but as each bomber dies new lanes of fire open up and the turrets on the dead bomber no longer present a threat.

Play my games at http://monkeydev.com/
Samaras-Sama
Level 1

samy is my hero

View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: August 03, 2017, 04:01:08 PM »

Tower Of God:
- Reach heaven through violence.

Badass

Devlog<br /><br />[/
LyricalReverie
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: August 22, 2017, 06:55:02 AM »

Tower Of God:
Violence is too vanilla and is almost synonymous with gaming, unfortunately. How about reaching hell through pacifist mechanics? You could play with the idea that "the hell is full of people with good intentions".
diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2066 on: August 25, 2017, 06:24:38 PM »

How about an RPG without a single stats screen. Not one. It's all there, just hidden from the player. No numbers to distribute. No quest screen to manage.

Tower Of God:
Violence is too vanilla and is almost synonymous with gaming, unfortunately. How about reaching hell through pacifist mechanics? You could play with the idea that "the hell is full of people with good intentions".

That would ruin the irony though.

bombjack
Level 3

That's me :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2067 on: August 26, 2017, 12:05:43 AM »

Tower Of God:

To reach heaven you have no other choice than using violence but if you're too violent you go down to hell.. Could be fun to always think: do I have to fight them or can I bypass the combat to go up faster.. Hard to put in place but if done right, it could be amazing.

Samaras-Sama
Level 1

samy is my hero

View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: August 26, 2017, 02:05:54 AM »

Tower Of God:

To reach heaven you have no other choice than using violence but if you're too violent you go down to hell.. Could be fun to always think: do I have to fight them or can I bypass the combat to go up faster.. Hard to put in place but if done right, it could be amazing.

How about an RPG without a single stats screen. Not one. It's all there, just hidden from the player. No numbers to distribute. No quest screen to manage.

Tower Of God:

That would ruin the irony though.

This totally reminds me of a really old game, Yokai Douchuuki.

Devlog<br /><br />[/
kitvonsnookerz
« Reply #2069 on: September 04, 2017, 02:22:04 PM »

Kind of a repost...But now I want the idea rated lol

Elysium
Train heroes to journey across the globe to earn enough honor to enter Elysium.

You train your heroes, then you send them out on an odyssey which earns them points for each leg completed, earning them a bonus for finishing the entire journey. Then they come back to the city where you can train them some more for harder adventures. Eventually they will die of old age or die on a journey, and if they earned enough points they go to Elysium, adding to the players final score, and if they don't you lose them forever. After a time period the game ends the score is tallied.
Captain Boomcake
Level 0

Captain Boomcake

View Profile
« Reply #2070 on: September 05, 2017, 03:39:32 AM »

You are a chef for a gigantic spaceship and your task is to make food for the crew using items you pick up along the way, rpg meets cooking sim meets space physics!

that is the game I am working on currently
diegzumillo
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2071 on: September 15, 2017, 11:24:05 AM »

Can I pitch stupid ideas too?

I just thought of open world pac man. Made by Ubisoft so you have to collect all 5 million pellets spread out across the world. But watch out for the ghosts (of your past)

kitvonsnookerz
« Reply #2072 on: September 15, 2017, 11:39:32 AM »

I just thought of open world pac man. Made by Ubisoft so you have to collect all 5 million pellets spread out across the world. But watch out for the ghosts (of your past)

LOL I WOULD BUY THE SH*T OUT OF THAT GAME. Can i steal that idea? lmao
diegzumillo
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2073 on: September 15, 2017, 11:48:06 AM »

LOL I WOULD BUY THE SH*T OUT OF THAT GAME. Can i steal that idea? lmao

haha Absolutely. If you make it I'll play it!

Wilson Saunders
Level 5

Nobody suspects the hamster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2074 on: October 13, 2017, 09:05:37 AM »

A 2.5D brawler in like Castle Crashers only loosely following the plot and aesthetic of the Wizard of Oz.

Play my games at http://monkeydev.com/
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: October 13, 2017, 09:55:58 AM »

Final Fantasy XII: Lightning Returns with none of the good mechanics (dressing up and dating) and more Heavy Metal

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
Mnniska
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2076 on: October 29, 2017, 09:16:01 AM »

Rock Paper Feelings is a strategy game where you play as the leader of a team of birds, and manipulate their feelings for the greater good.
GottoBlandat
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: October 31, 2017, 02:24:56 AM »

We are making a twin-stick arena shooter in pixel style. It plays out in a post apocalyptic time where machines is a much cheaper alternative for the human workforce. This makes jobs scarce for humans. To fairly give out jobs to people in the city, the labor office have started a monthly tournament. The winner of the tournament will recieve a job.

The core mechanic in the game will be the weapon's recoil. The recoil will be excessive, the players will be able to dodge and attack at the same time.

Here is a video of the first iteration of the core mechanic.

Feel free come with critique or feedback.

If this sounds interesting and you want to follow our progress please pm us or email us [email protected] 
sanwayzar
Level 0

Game Director at Game-O-Gami

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2078 on: November 01, 2017, 05:08:46 PM »

"Beavis and Butthead get their asses kicked" - a co-op puzzle brawler where constantly getting your butts kicked by bullies, criminals, old ladies, life, etc. is part of overcoming obstacles and advancing the story.

Beirud
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: November 04, 2017, 09:32:03 PM »

I'm thinking in my first game. It's called Kill 999 dudes and it's about "The one" that must kill 999 aliens/zombies/whatever + the boss all this in massive hordes.

What do you think?

Work Smart not Hard
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 107
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic