Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 03:01:24 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignPitch your game topic
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107
Print
Author Topic: Pitch your game topic  (Read 376588 times)
Al_B
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2080 on: December 14, 2017, 05:30:52 PM »

An RPG where you make your own characters/Monsters, send/join them on Missions, and fight against other players. CURIOUS?

VVVV Links in the sig. VVVV

LyricalReverie
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: January 02, 2018, 01:58:16 AM »

I'm thinking in my first game. It's called Kill 999 dudes and it's about "The one" that must kill 999 aliens/zombies/whatever + the boss all this in massive hordes.

What do you think?
Why not heal 999 dudes, make friends with 999 dudes or transform 999 dudes into cute butterflies. Killing is so basic.
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: January 02, 2018, 07:52:35 AM »

I'm thinking in my first game. It's called Kill 999 dudes and it's about "The one" that must kill 999 aliens/zombies/whatever + the boss all this in massive hordes.

What do you think?
Why not heal 999 dudes, make friends with 999 dudes or transform 999 dudes into cute butterflies. Killing is so basic.
+1

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: January 02, 2018, 04:02:36 PM »

Healing 999 dudes: Play Overwatch and main mercy. If you're not good they won't be thankful tho.

Making friends with 999 dudes: Undertale probably? Though I guess you still have the option of killing them.

Transform 999 dudes into butterflies: Please don't, they have short lifespans and I want to live D:

cynicalsandel
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: January 02, 2018, 10:54:46 PM »

make a game like chulip: kiss 999 people Well, hello there!

Radiant
Level 1

...and we are the Dreamers of Dreams.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2085 on: January 06, 2018, 10:40:10 AM »

Heal 999 dudes is possibly this game (which has a sequel on Steam...) http://remar.se/daniel/remedy.php

Wilson Saunders
Level 5

Nobody suspects the hamster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2086 on: January 11, 2018, 11:14:20 AM »

A political satire game about enriching oneself while holding government office. Accept gifts from foreign governments and corporations in exchange for passing unpopular laws. Approve pay raises for yourself and cronies. Use your adult children as surrogates to conduct even shadier dealings and hide large sums of money. Discredit, intimidate, pay off, blackmail, imprison, or murder journalists and whistle blowers who threaten to expose you. The goal is to get the most money before having to flee the country.

Play my games at http://monkeydev.com/
LyricalReverie
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: January 11, 2018, 04:28:21 PM »

A political satire game about enriching oneself while holding government office. Accept gifts from foreign governments and corporations in exchange for passing unpopular laws. Approve pay raises for yourself and cronies. Use your adult children as surrogates to conduct even shadier dealings and hide large sums of money. Discredit, intimidate, pay off, blackmail, imprison, or murder journalists and whistle blowers who threaten to expose you. The goal is to get the most money before having to flee the country.
Would make for an interesting game if well executed. I imagine the gameplay being something... unique like Papers, Please?
Eyon
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2088 on: March 02, 2018, 02:05:13 PM »

Hey that seems immoral =D It reminds me a bit of Tropico, 'cause the goal is also to make a lot of money. Can your citizens rebel against you ?

Mobile strategy game in the browser: https://eyon.itch.io/agentsxmonsters
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Eyon_Patrick
Eyon
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2089 on: March 02, 2018, 02:18:58 PM »

And here's my pitch
Metal Hands with Guns : A game where the main character is aware that he is playing a game. You can weither play the story as it is supposed to be played or screw that and find deleted levels, discover abandoned storylines and live a totally different experience.

Mobile strategy game in the browser: https://eyon.itch.io/agentsxmonsters
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Eyon_Patrick
MoonMail
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: April 13, 2018, 02:31:06 PM »

Explore an isometric rpg with gameplay inspired by crypt of the necrodancer, the art style of darkest dungeon, and the depth of the geneforge saga. Now with tentacles and 20% less filler!
CodeLobe
Level 0

Decide to Act Sensibly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2091 on: April 16, 2018, 10:11:02 AM »

2D planet scale turn based massively multiplayer online role playing game.
WarWar
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: April 16, 2018, 01:19:56 PM »

My idea for a game is a text-based Sci-Fi Fantasy game adventure like Trials In Tainted Space (With one of its main function Removed) a turn-based and a strategic battle system, exploration, a Support system that involve interacting with NPC to build Alliances, Send forces to Areas of the world to help civilians with Defences, Medical-Aid, Support, and Claim outposts that are abandon or controlled by enemy units. I develope this some years back
CodeLobe
Level 0

Decide to Act Sensibly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2093 on: April 16, 2018, 04:07:25 PM »

My idea for a game is a text-based Sci-Fi Fantasy game adventure like Trials In Tainted Space

Sounds pretty cool!  I'd play it.

Speaking of txt based: I once made an open world text-based game for my BBS.  It displayed a rudimentary map of explored areas upon "map" command.  Was only a little more sophisticated as Rogue's maps (you could scroll the world and set map pins to jump to).  The main interaction was through text descriptions of areas, actors and actions with a few bits of ANSI art thrown in for some key locations & major bosses or plot points.

I had created an entire world of Sorcery, Technology and Warrior Monks all at war or with unstable alliances to each other (RPS style) depending on the region & world event state.  My small BBS only attracted 80+ regular users to play the game, which was actually a pretty big number as indie BBSs go (I did live in a very large city).  There was no overarching narrative, no core driving plot line to complete, no ultimate "win state", just pure worldcrafting and an event system that could trigger subplots, sometimes in cascades.

The "kewlest" thing was reading "Tavern Logs" where players could chat/leave notes for each other on the wall in the (relative) safety of towns. I only had 10 lines back then, so it was tough for players to group up, and they voluntarily coordinated their play times (which were limited duration per day).  In the logs they would tell the most fantastic tales of glory or humorous failures; They'd coordinate strategies, while others made revenge plots against each other in other private areas of the game or even other BBSs for max security!  The dark minded would note that someone had killed a Mechadragon or changed the world in some way and wonder if there was a way to bring the Big Bad back to life to terrorize the NPC villagers and lower level players again (and there was!  All plot arcs were made to be cyclic, many interlinking).  Sadly, when the Internet came into full swing my little BBS was one of the casualties.

The players had only explored about 10% of the gameworld and events in the 4 years the game was online. About a dozen die hard players kept playing on my only remaining single phone line with only that game still loaded on a single machine just for them.  After I had closed up shop for the main BBS players franticly played for months getting up to all sorts of "Hail Mary" mischief until I finally had to shut down everything and move.  Something had died and left an imprint in a few lives.

Fortunately it didn't cost much more than the time to write out stats and behaviors and flavor texts to build the game items & world.  In today's graphical games it seems the studios feel like everything that they put in a game MUST be thrown in your face at some point: There's no point in having it in the game if it won't be seen by a sizable portion of players, and unused items create higher testing burden and stability issues due to the buggy nature of today's game beast.  In the text based games "assets" are cheap to make so the world could be grand and sprawling with most of it never explored, giving a sense of hand crafted vastness without having to resort to procedural shenanigans.  No physics glitches or rendering bugs to worry about. 

I'd make a text based version of that again -- or maybe a tile based version.  (Or I'd play something like that for certain).  Sadly my old HDD archive died in a fire, and I have only a partial backup of the BBS today, or else I'd try to get it back online.  There are some MUDs which come close to the old feel of that game, but few have such a simple yet dynamic plot system where the players actually change the world for better or worse.

If the number 956-7621 rings anyone's bells, they'll know exactly the old game I'm talking about...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 10:00:28 AM by CodeLobe » Logged
LyricalReverie
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: April 17, 2018, 08:54:27 AM »

Explore an isometric rpg with gameplay inspired by crypt of the necrodancer, the art style of darkest dungeon, and the depth of the geneforge saga. Now with tentacles and 20% less filler!
Personally, that doesn't raise my interest, even though I like both Necrodancer and Darkest Dungeon. The pitch is just too vague.
Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2095 on: April 18, 2018, 05:14:01 PM »

Speaking of txt based: I once made an open world text-based game for my BBS.

Goddamn, sometimes I get these urges to make text based RPGs and your post isn't helping

Recently I was fondly remembering Stars!, a 1995 space 4X shareware game that I played a lot as a kid. It has influenced how I think space 4X games should play more than any other game. I don't know why I loved it so much, it's not a typical kind of game a kid would play... it's basically a glorified spreadsheet.

Surprisingly there's still a small active community of people playing Stars! which I guess just goes to show how exceptional it still is as the only space 4X game I've personally played that has a prominent supply and logistics aspect - ships have limited fuel, and resources actually have to be moved between planets to get them to the places that need them.

There have been a lot of times when I toyed with ideas for making something essentially similar, but this time I'm making a good start...

Stellar! will be a turn-based space 4X/transport tycoon hybrid that you play in the browser. Each turn you'll issue orders to your ships and worlds and etc. and then every player's orders will be carried out simultaneously at the end of the turn. Ideally you'll always be playing with other humans, but there will be AI too. It's going to look something like this, drawn over a view of the galaxy. The game will be as much about managing an interstellar logistics and supply network as anything else, since resources will have to actually be transported to the place where they're used. (Much like in Stars! but hopefully with better tools for managing supply routes, based on the tools provided by games like TTD.) It will have as interesting and complex a simulation as I can make. And it won't normally have a win condition - it will play more like a cooperative Simcity game, where the goal is just to have fun and build something interesting together and maybe cause a few disasters, than a conventional adversarial 4X.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: April 18, 2018, 06:49:27 PM »

Here is my game pitch
https://neoshaman.github.io/Javascript-experiment/

Tusky
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2097 on: April 18, 2018, 09:37:05 PM »

Woo!

"a 64 players , over the shoulder branching , turn based management game. Set in huge cartoon futuristic world. Where the player is a effeminate hero who want to attack message for serenity without dying"

Take my money Hand Money Left
CodeLobe
Level 0

Decide to Act Sensibly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2098 on: April 20, 2018, 04:08:10 AM »

Sounds amazing! Smiley  I'm trying to see the full game concept, but every time I observe it the quantum probability matrix collapses to just one aspect.
Cry
Wilson Saunders
Level 5

Nobody suspects the hamster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2099 on: April 23, 2018, 10:45:55 AM »

An Asymmetric Urban warfare RTS where the two players attack and defend a city.
The defending player has a limited of troops that are deployed through a series of tunnels.
The offensive player gets an unlimited influx of troops that they can command to secure buildings. The offensive player also has a limited supply of airstrikes and reconnaissance drones.

In the Pre-Game, the defending player picks a building as a command center and picks several other buildings to have tunnel entrances. During the game the defending player can freely move troops between buildings with tunnels entrances, but has to move troops over surface streets to get to other buildings. If a building with a tunnel entrance is destroyed by an airstrike or captured by offensive soldiers the tunnel entrance is destroyed and the defending player can no longer use the underground to move troops to that building. The Game ends when the command center is destroyed or captured.

The Defending player has complete knowledge of where the attacking player's troops are but the Offensive player only knows where the defending player's troops are when they attack, move between buildings via surface streets, or are spotted by a drone.

Play my games at http://monkeydev.com/
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic