Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411498 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 08:20:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignPitch your game topic
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107
Print
Author Topic: Pitch your game topic  (Read 376600 times)
willthetarget
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2100 on: May 11, 2018, 08:13:47 AM »

A 1-4 player RPG that plays and controls like a board game. Players are tasked with completing quests and defeating bosses scattered across the board in cooperative and/or competitive play!

This has been a lot of fun to work on and design!
bretskee
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: May 18, 2018, 01:15:38 AM »

Ok so I have been developing some ideas to get to work on and I have one specifically that I need some assistance with. The App will be called “A Walk On the Beach.” It’s somewhat of a 3D representation of the Apple app “Calm.” The idea is that you can take a virtual stroll up and down a pier on the beach. Building the level of a pier seems self explanatory to me... but my question is this.... How could I make it so that players can leave notes on the pier for other users to read and or respond to? I was thinking something like a virtual “peg board” at the end of the pier where players can “pin up” pictures or post it’s. Basically my question is how can I make it so that one player can make a change to the level (leave a note on the peg board) and it will permanently change the level so that any other player that visits the pier can then see that note.

Any advice on how I could accomplish this would be helpful!
Carrion
Level 10

crowbro

View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: June 02, 2018, 05:36:51 PM »

Sleepless Knights is a 2.5D roguelike hack n slash dungeon crawler set in the mental world.

It's a game about slaying our innermost demons with broken rusted weaponry.

In this game you become one of the Sleepless Knights, guardians of the unconscious realm tasked to venture through various dreamworlds in search of a cure to the mysterious plague of sleep being spread by a verminous army of machines called Vexons.

The objective of the game is to rescue ailing minds from beneath the lids of their eyes by diving into the mental fabric of the brain and using a vast arsenal of weaponry specifically forged to cut out the contagious mental demons that grow there.

Carrion
Level 10

crowbro

View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: June 02, 2018, 08:47:08 PM »

Sleepless Knights is a 2.5D roguelike hack n slash dungeon crawler set in the mental world.

It's a game about slaying our innermost demons with broken rusted weaponry.

In this game you become one of the Sleepless Knights, guardians of the unconscious realm tasked to venture through various dreamworlds in search of the cure to a mysterious plague of sleep being spread by a verminous army of machines called Vexons.

The objective of the game is to rescue ailing minds from beneath the lids of their eyes by diving into the mental fabric of the brain and using a vast arsenal of weaponry specifically forged to cut out the contagious mental demons that grow there.

adrian09_01
Level 0

I make games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2104 on: July 05, 2018, 01:07:01 PM »

One line:
You're a big big girl in a big big metroidvania-like, strange, funny and heartrending mountain world.

Longer:
You're a big big girl in a big big metroidvania-like mountain world. You collect various abilities and weapons, traverse the mountain and try to get to the peak, just to discover even darker plans that The Klan has prepared for the Mountain than you initially thought. You must save the mountain before it gets destroyed by a nuclear bomb.
ideathing
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: July 16, 2018, 08:39:56 AM »

Ok so I have been developing some ideas to get to work on and I have one specifically that I need some assistance with. The App will be called “A Walk On the Beach.” It’s somewhat of a 3D representation of the Apple app “Calm.” The idea is that you can take a virtual stroll up and down a pier on the beach. Building the level of a pier seems self explanatory to me... but my question is this.... How could I make it so that players can leave notes on the pier for other users to read and or respond to? I was thinking something like a virtual “peg board” at the end of the pier where players can “pin up” pictures or post it’s. Basically my question is how can I make it so that one player can make a change to the level (leave a note on the peg board) and it will permanently change the level so that any other player that visits the pier can then see that note.

Any advice on how I could accomplish this would be helpful!

Hey I see we like similar things!
Actually I have been working on a very similar 'game' idea even though the premise is slightly different. I wanted a virtual place where I could write ideas: like a 3D note taking app. Of course, since I love castles that's what I used as space and I started Memory Castle (will pm you the link of my devblog) but the project expanded and I definitely want to add the possibility to share castles. I am working on it on Unreal engine 4 and one of my inspirations was a level in the game A beginner's guide.
DieMango
Level 0

Desperate Soul

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2106 on: August 03, 2018, 11:46:07 AM »

SO i have an idea. Imagen a simple arena platformer. Like super Crate box. But only have 3 weapons at all times from the beginning
A shockwave: the closer you are to something the further it gets knocked back. Does no damage but will do masiv damage when things are thrown into things
A ice beam: Freezes stuff and the ground wich makes it slipperry. Does no damage but broken Frozen enemies take more damage and explode
A Rock spear: Needs channeling but you throw a spear with nearly perfect accuracy Thats pierces and does medium damage. Its sticks to walls so you get platforms

Now here is the fun part: SYNERGIES

Freeze Ground + Shockwave: Super Fast getaway cause you slide over the ice at super speed
Frozen Enemy + Shockwave: Its easier to line up and makes it manage able to push target into desired location and does more damage.
Frozen Enemy + Spear: Now thats alot of damage
Spear on the wall * shockwave: Inspale a enemy to a spear.

What do you guys think and what kind of ideas do you have?
Any cool other synergies ro maybe a Fire ability?

mreffinsunshine
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2107 on: August 06, 2018, 11:12:02 AM »

I am currently working on an arena brawler, in the vein of Curses and Chaos and Towerfall, except with a lot more verticality to the levels.

The player picks from two different characters, both wizards, both trained in accessing the skills (or equipment) required to fly high and long distances. Pretty much: wizards with jetpacks. The characters are fighting for the skies, doing battle among the floating islands that make up their world.

The players have access to power ups that change the nature of their attack spells, and face off increasingly difficult waves of enemies before facing a boss.

The flying aspect allows combat to take place at great heights, at different levels, and the player needs to find a balance between fighting in the air or on the pieces of land in the levels.

It's a simple project, something to just cut my teeth on, and I'm keeping the scope really small right now. It's been something I've been wanting to work on for awhile though  Wizard

Just gettin' started!
Gonzotron
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: June 04, 2019, 06:13:12 PM »

Hi all!

I'm pretty new to this forum but I've been using the site for a while to take freelance gigs. But now I've decided to finally pursue my dream of developing the game I've always wanted to make. This is gonna be dedicated to my son as well, since he loves making/building stuff.

So I've come up with this idea of a world completely made out of clay, you can explore it and harvest all kinds of clay to make whatever you wanted to. Think Minecraft but instead of blocky voxels, it's all going to be simulated clay voxels, and instead of a near infinite procedurally generated world, it's going to be a Moon-sized planet.

The only thing is, I'm an artist by profession and this is seriously the first time I'm going to make an actual game on my own, so I've decided to come on this forum to ask what tools/SDKs do I need to get started? I want to use Java and JLWGL to write the code but I know I'll probably still need more plugins/etc. to add on top of it to implement the desired features I want (that being the Clay Voxels), so can anyone point me in the right direction?    Grin

The end result I want to come up with should look something like these:

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/310d6d_3db4ac7a366845aaa489b0e98df98423~mv2_d_3840_2160_s_2.png/v1/fill/w_1600,h_900,al_c,q_90/file.jpg

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/wp-content/uploads/Claybook_HERO_Image-hero.jpg

https://cdn.cgmagonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/claybook-solidifying-onto-the-nintendo-switch-this-march-1280x720.jpg
Dozirik
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2109 on: October 23, 2019, 05:35:26 AM »

Hello all, this is my very first post ever here, and would love your feedback and criticism about our game!

Prismagic is a 2-D roguelite, bullet hell, shooter game.
It's set in a fantasy world where color is the source of all magic, but the rainbow that balances the good and evil shatters and corrupts the creatures. (more of the story to come)

The enemies come in predesigned waves but the order of the waves are random (sort of like the rooms in binding of isaac) and included in the waves there are auto scrolling obstacles and hazards. In order to defeat the enemies, the player has to shoot them with matching colours and they can combine Primary Colours (red,blue,yellow) to make Secondary Colours (purple,green and yellow).

The game itself is from a course that I have studied while doing my masters in Video Game Design and then I have applied a competition in UK called Tranzfuser and we have developed it for 3 months. This is what the game itself actually looks like at the minute;

https://imgur.com/JTKii8q
https://imgur.com/zUYDa8v
https://imgur.com/oo27sz9
https://imgur.com/qFn7CKl
Monolyth Himself
Level 0

Hey guys, Mono here.

View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: December 10, 2019, 06:10:34 PM »

How does this 1st person hack'n'slash idea sound?

"Its like an Arkham game, except its in 1st Person and your main weapon is Dracula's whip"

is the above line descriptive enough? Or should I say,

"Its a 1st person hack'n' slash inspired by CastleVania and Batman Arkham games"
GameMaker Rob
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: December 12, 2019, 05:40:19 PM »

2 Ideas that have been bouncing around in my head for a while:

[Cyberpunk Corporation Sim] - Imagine Gangsters + Syndicate but the ability to take command of a fight if you want to, complete with all the avenues you'd expect of a Corporation

[Capital Ship Commander] - Command ships like Battlestars with hundreds or thousands of individual crew members, zoom in to the closest level to see mechanics working on fighters, security guards fighting off boarders or watch your XO getting drunk in the toilet because he's unhappy whilst a nuke hits your engines in the rear, causing a tear in the hull which sucks a few dozen unfortunate crew into space. Zoom out to see the usual pew pew space battle action.

Ohh... also a [Fantasy Ludus] game...
PhantomHeart
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: December 20, 2019, 05:12:33 PM »

"A Simple Life"

I've always wanted to see a game that could combine the combat/platforming/action of an action game with stats/equipment/abilities of an RPG. Most games I found lose some features of what made each game great. Creating a game that can do this has been something I've always wanted to do.

Also I've mapped (some on paper, a lot in mind) a huge world with ares needing a lot of exploration. Mountains holding caves with winding pathways, cities with high buildings and so on.

Higher difficulty doesn't always mean beefed up enemies. I want to make enemies that are tough to beat even when their weaker because they think, not just attack blindly.

While still in the daydream phase, I've created huge dialog trees to make interacting with NPCs fun. You want Van to travel with you because of great stories of promiscuity, not just that his rifle can one hit zombies.

Oh and pets, lots of pets.

This game is way over my head and I don't have either the art or programming skills to ever get this off ground.

You have an ambitious taste, I love it! I've always been passionate about creating a great and big game so you're not alone and by the way you spoke of your mechanics it seems we have the same idea, we should talk more about his and flesh it out.
PhantomHeart
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: December 20, 2019, 05:16:01 PM »

Fight your way to the top with this anime stylized PVP arena fighter featuring customizable characters, multiple maps and BDO like combat systems, (without all the p2w!)
Fedeykin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: April 06, 2020, 07:37:34 AM »

I'll give it a go:

FlickDisks:
Real-time strategygame/City-builder, where you control your units, placed on discs, by flicking the discs around.
brainwipe
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2115 on: April 10, 2020, 01:23:20 AM »

FlickDisks:
Real-time strategygame/City-builder, where you control your units, placed on discs, by flicking the discs around.

This is a neat idea; will there be physics involved such as the unit discs bouncing off your buildings? That would make for cool city designs where you want open space to give yourself more flick room.

zombieonion
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: April 25, 2020, 10:19:27 AM »

I'm thinking in my first game. It's called Kill 999 dudes and it's about "The one" that must kill 999 aliens/zombies/whatever + the boss all this in massive hordes.

What do you think?

Depends on the combat, really. If it's something like Dusk/Quake/Doom? Then it's done. Is it something else? I'm interested.
crystalake
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: September 15, 2020, 06:21:21 PM »

Underworld

"She wakes up within a cave that is strangely lit up. Behind is is a wall with only the way in front of her optional for travel. The only thing to signify what was going on is a small journal before her. She has no knowledge of how she got there. The only option is forward."

I have a lot of information on a build for a game I want to develop. Just am very bad at actually programming it to work. I want to build a game based the concept of sin and what it could mean for different people. I also plan to subvert this meaning by rewriting how people may sin and how it could weigh them down.

I want to build a world with different biomes likely based on the seven deadly sins along with maybe restricting the colors of the environment based on this. Each sin will have a artifact that will expand your ability to explore the map along with a host of choices that will manipulate how you may deal with other sins themselves. I would additionally like to make objects around the map of the lair of the different sins needed to fully explore the area and find the sin of that area.

Finally, this will have a story based on actual sin so the topic would be grim. However, this will mostly be about the nature of sin itself and how people can perceive it differently. This is a game that will have darker themes then someone might expect. However, I believe that we should not shirk away from darker material for the excuse that it may upset people. I want to explore these themes with the intent to bring attention to things people may not realize exist or choices that people made that make people look bad. The reality of how those make a person, whomever they may be, should be explored.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 06:35:07 PM by crystalake » Logged
Borek
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: December 02, 2020, 03:06:07 PM »

You are given a virtual representation of a USB stick that was found at a scene of a possible crime and you play a police officer trying to solve a case with very limited information. You are not given any tools to do so, but you can use any tools you have on your computer.
ActiveUnique
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2119 on: February 12, 2022, 06:58:34 AM »

I had the idea of improving the freemium model, the current freemium is an artificial time-sucking grind that doesn't understand or respect skill.

Make essentially two versions of the same game, one has a steep learning curve that can be as technical or educational as needed to create difficulty in progress. The other version takes microtransactions or a subscription from paying customers and immediately gives them the results and access that free players will spend years at some point in their life obtaining.

Oh right. Here's how it works. Veterans will have repeatedly proven mastery in skills that money can't earn. Pools of money and new players are pure maintenance.

So I hear people want realistic video games?

The only obvious challenge is the game design itself. When will anyone be capable of designing something of quality, allowing ingenuity, with challenges that can't simply be bypassed? Without that, it's a regular game you'd pay for. I suppose those games can be pretty good, but what I'm trying to describe are challenges hard enough the phrase "You'd have to pay me to do that" comes up.

It should come as no surprise that this is also the concept of a game that demands a lot from the players and it forces them to learn fast or take punishment. If the players want to benefit from newly applied research in education they should pay for it. Or learn about it on their own time.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 08:00:13 AM by ActiveUnique » Logged

I've read about the idea guy. Yeah, so, you should get a lazy team.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic