Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1366198 Posts in 64018 Topics- by 55903 Members - Latest Member: Montie

September 18, 2019, 03:07:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignPitch your game topic
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106]
Print
Author Topic: Pitch your game topic  (Read 286011 times)
Wilson Saunders
Level 5

Nobody suspects the hamster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2100 on: April 23, 2018, 10:45:55 AM »

An Asymmetric Urban warfare RTS where the two players attack and defend a city.
The defending player has a limited of troops that are deployed through a series of tunnels.
The offensive player gets an unlimited influx of troops that they can command to secure buildings. The offensive player also has a limited supply of airstrikes and reconnaissance drones.

In the Pre-Game, the defending player picks a building as a command center and picks several other buildings to have tunnel entrances. During the game the defending player can freely move troops between buildings with tunnels entrances, but has to move troops over surface streets to get to other buildings. If a building with a tunnel entrance is destroyed by an airstrike or captured by offensive soldiers the tunnel entrance is destroyed and the defending player can no longer use the underground to move troops to that building. The Game ends when the command center is destroyed or captured.

The Defending player has complete knowledge of where the attacking player's troops are but the Offensive player only knows where the defending player's troops are when they attack, move between buildings via surface streets, or are spotted by a drone.

Play my games at http://monkeydev.com/
willthetarget
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: May 11, 2018, 08:13:47 AM »

A 1-4 player RPG that plays and controls like a board game. Players are tasked with completing quests and defeating bosses scattered across the board in cooperative and/or competitive play!

This has been a lot of fun to work on and design!
bretskee
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: May 18, 2018, 01:15:38 AM »

Ok so I have been developing some ideas to get to work on and I have one specifically that I need some assistance with. The App will be called “A Walk On the Beach.” It’s somewhat of a 3D representation of the Apple app “Calm.” The idea is that you can take a virtual stroll up and down a pier on the beach. Building the level of a pier seems self explanatory to me... but my question is this.... How could I make it so that players can leave notes on the pier for other users to read and or respond to? I was thinking something like a virtual “peg board” at the end of the pier where players can “pin up” pictures or post it’s. Basically my question is how can I make it so that one player can make a change to the level (leave a note on the peg board) and it will permanently change the level so that any other player that visits the pier can then see that note.

Any advice on how I could accomplish this would be helpful!
Carrion
Level 10

crowbro

View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: June 02, 2018, 05:36:51 PM »

Sleepless Knights is a 2.5D roguelike hack n slash dungeon crawler set in the mental world.

It's a game about slaying our innermost demons with broken rusted weaponry.

In this game you become one of the Sleepless Knights, guardians of the unconscious realm tasked to venture through various dreamworlds in search of a cure to the mysterious plague of sleep being spread by a verminous army of machines called Vexons.

The objective of the game is to rescue ailing minds from beneath the lids of their eyes by diving into the mental fabric of the brain and using a vast arsenal of weaponry specifically forged to cut out the contagious mental demons that grow there.

Carrion
Level 10

crowbro

View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: June 02, 2018, 08:47:08 PM »

Sleepless Knights is a 2.5D roguelike hack n slash dungeon crawler set in the mental world.

It's a game about slaying our innermost demons with broken rusted weaponry.

In this game you become one of the Sleepless Knights, guardians of the unconscious realm tasked to venture through various dreamworlds in search of the cure to a mysterious plague of sleep being spread by a verminous army of machines called Vexons.

The objective of the game is to rescue ailing minds from beneath the lids of their eyes by diving into the mental fabric of the brain and using a vast arsenal of weaponry specifically forged to cut out the contagious mental demons that grow there.

adrian09_01
Level 0

I make games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2105 on: July 05, 2018, 01:07:01 PM »

One line:
You're a big big girl in a big big metroidvania-like, strange, funny and heartrending mountain world.

Longer:
You're a big big girl in a big big metroidvania-like mountain world. You collect various abilities and weapons, traverse the mountain and try to get to the peak, just to discover even darker plans that The Klan has prepared for the Mountain than you initially thought. You must save the mountain before it gets destroyed by a nuclear bomb.
ideathing
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: July 16, 2018, 08:39:56 AM »

Ok so I have been developing some ideas to get to work on and I have one specifically that I need some assistance with. The App will be called “A Walk On the Beach.” It’s somewhat of a 3D representation of the Apple app “Calm.” The idea is that you can take a virtual stroll up and down a pier on the beach. Building the level of a pier seems self explanatory to me... but my question is this.... How could I make it so that players can leave notes on the pier for other users to read and or respond to? I was thinking something like a virtual “peg board” at the end of the pier where players can “pin up” pictures or post it’s. Basically my question is how can I make it so that one player can make a change to the level (leave a note on the peg board) and it will permanently change the level so that any other player that visits the pier can then see that note.

Any advice on how I could accomplish this would be helpful!

Hey I see we like similar things!
Actually I have been working on a very similar 'game' idea even though the premise is slightly different. I wanted a virtual place where I could write ideas: like a 3D note taking app. Of course, since I love castles that's what I used as space and I started Memory Castle (will pm you the link of my devblog) but the project expanded and I definitely want to add the possibility to share castles. I am working on it on Unreal engine 4 and one of my inspirations was a level in the game A beginner's guide.
DieMango
Level 0

Desperate Soul

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2107 on: August 03, 2018, 11:46:07 AM »

SO i have an idea. Imagen a simple arena platformer. Like super Crate box. But only have 3 weapons at all times from the beginning
A shockwave: the closer you are to something the further it gets knocked back. Does no damage but will do masiv damage when things are thrown into things
A ice beam: Freezes stuff and the ground wich makes it slipperry. Does no damage but broken Frozen enemies take more damage and explode
A Rock spear: Needs channeling but you throw a spear with nearly perfect accuracy Thats pierces and does medium damage. Its sticks to walls so you get platforms

Now here is the fun part: SYNERGIES

Freeze Ground + Shockwave: Super Fast getaway cause you slide over the ice at super speed
Frozen Enemy + Shockwave: Its easier to line up and makes it manage able to push target into desired location and does more damage.
Frozen Enemy + Spear: Now thats alot of damage
Spear on the wall * shockwave: Inspale a enemy to a spear.

What do you guys think and what kind of ideas do you have?
Any cool other synergies ro maybe a Fire ability?

mreffinsunshine
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2108 on: August 06, 2018, 11:12:02 AM »

I am currently working on an arena brawler, in the vein of Curses and Chaos and Towerfall, except with a lot more verticality to the levels.

The player picks from two different characters, both wizards, both trained in accessing the skills (or equipment) required to fly high and long distances. Pretty much: wizards with jetpacks. The characters are fighting for the skies, doing battle among the floating islands that make up their world.

The players have access to power ups that change the nature of their attack spells, and face off increasingly difficult waves of enemies before facing a boss.

The flying aspect allows combat to take place at great heights, at different levels, and the player needs to find a balance between fighting in the air or on the pieces of land in the levels.

It's a simple project, something to just cut my teeth on, and I'm keeping the scope really small right now. It's been something I've been wanting to work on for awhile though  Wizard

Just gettin' started!
Gonzotron
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: June 04, 2019, 06:13:12 PM »

Hi all!

I'm pretty new to this forum but I've been using the site for a while to take freelance gigs. But now I've decided to finally pursue my dream of developing the game I've always wanted to make. This is gonna be dedicated to my son as well, since he loves making/building stuff.

So I've come up with this idea of a world completely made out of clay, you can explore it and harvest all kinds of clay to make whatever you wanted to. Think Minecraft but instead of blocky voxels, it's all going to be simulated clay voxels, and instead of a near infinite procedurally generated world, it's going to be a Moon-sized planet.

The only thing is, I'm an artist by profession and this is seriously the first time I'm going to make an actual game on my own, so I've decided to come on this forum to ask what tools/SDKs do I need to get started? I want to use Java and JLWGL to write the code but I know I'll probably still need more plugins/etc. to add on top of it to implement the desired features I want (that being the Clay Voxels), so can anyone point me in the right direction?    Grin

The end result I want to come up with should look something like these:

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/310d6d_3db4ac7a366845aaa489b0e98df98423~mv2_d_3840_2160_s_2.png/v1/fill/w_1600,h_900,al_c,q_90/file.jpg

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/wp-content/uploads/Claybook_HERO_Image-hero.jpg

https://cdn.cgmagonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/claybook-solidifying-onto-the-nintendo-switch-this-march-1280x720.jpg
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic