Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 01:45:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignPitch your game topic
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 107
Print
Author Topic: Pitch your game topic  (Read 373347 times)
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2009, 03:57:10 PM »

I love this one.

A while back, I proposed a first-person adaptation of The Arrival.
Fuzz
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2009, 04:42:09 PM »

I love Shaun Tan!

Another book-based idea: a game based on Slaughter-House Five.
Knightmare
Level 1

Brittany Cloud

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2009, 05:19:38 PM »

A very vast, colorful Kirby-esque platformer about a young magician stopping a world war.

...it's a lot cooler than it sounds.   Beg

Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2009, 05:22:19 PM »

A cheesy (think Duke Nukem) exploration shooter that follows a tough guy throughout different time periods hunting time terrorists. Optional actions taken in earlier levels change the later levels.

A platformer that has the protagonist charge himself with electrostatic energy on carpets to defeat the invading robot overlords.

A platformer that allows the protagonist to turn into various Tetris pieces and break through walls that way

A deathmatch game (Soldat) with REAL Ninjas, so not the jumpy, energy shooting sort but the sneaky sort. Point of the game is not too shoot around wildly but to spot your enemies before they spot you.

A deathmatch game with a human and a monster faction played in absolute darkness. Humans get weapons and flashlights, monster have claws and nightvision. Monsters with nightvision have glowing eyes that can be seen in the dark. Monster can snarl and growl to distress humans.

Some of these might be in the Twitter in my sig already, I didn't really check :S

Edit:

Another one I just remembered (but never wrote down):
A mix of DDR and platformer. One player plays the platformer and his motions influence the music (running = faster music, jumping = upbeats or something, I don't speak music) while another player has to play the song in DDR at the same time.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 01:34:48 AM by Andreas Kämper » Logged
JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2009, 12:08:48 PM »

I always wanted to make a Wild West game where all gun fights are done like the insult sword fighting from Monkey Island, but its done by playing blackjack, kind of the way puzzle quest works.i was also thinking samurai would work to. so maybe someday I will make this. perhaps you are a guy who is constantly reincarnated in all the different genres. (knights, West, Fuedal Japan, Gangster.) I could make small 10 to 15 minute adventures that way.

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2009, 02:21:03 PM »

A very vast, colorful Kirby-esque platformer about a young magician stopping a world war.

Is that the Darklooming Twilight idea? Sounds awesome! Oh, and one of my more recent ideas:

A run 'n gun that takes place in 3-D, and is a pseudo rails shooter. You can move left and right, jump, and choose your path, but you are constantly moving. The mechanic is that you 'link' your shots on multiple targets to kill enemies, and you have to attack in certain orders (basically a Match 3 game; you have to match the colors of your linkage)

And a platformer about a character who gets sent into a book, the Tome of Engimas, and uses the Rod of Riddles to move about the blocks in the puzzle world. It plays like a match 3 game (select a block, select an adjacent block, and they switch. Match 3 and something happens, depending on block) but you also have to reach the goal.
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2009, 03:40:17 PM »

A multiplayer game about air pirates. Being able to design the ship's flag is a must.
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2009, 03:47:04 PM »

A game where you have a ball, and kick it around to damage enemies. You can also gain a Bat powerup to hit it with the bat, allowing you to charge up your attacks, and charge up the ball with different elements. Maybe it could be tethered to you, too.
Traveller
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2009, 04:50:33 PM »

A platformer that allows the protagonist to turn into various Tetris pieces and break through walls that way

Already been (very similarly) done, I think it's called Tetroid.  It's Metroid, but instead of new weapons you get new blocks you can fire.  Some areas are locked with untilled rows, and you have to use the blocks in your inventory (max 1 of each out at a time) to fill them to proceed.
Knightmare
Level 1

Brittany Cloud

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2009, 05:06:30 PM »

Is that the Darklooming Twilight idea? Sounds awesome! Oh, and one of my more recent ideas:

A run 'n gun that takes place in 3-D, and is a pseudo rails shooter. You can move left and right, jump, and choose your path, but you are constantly moving. The mechanic is that you 'link' your shots on multiple targets to kill enemies, and you have to attack in certain orders (basically a Match 3 game; you have to match the colors of your linkage)

And a platformer about a character who gets sent into a book, the Tome of Engimas, and uses the Rod of Riddles to move about the blocks in the puzzle world. It plays like a match 3 game (select a block, select an adjacent block, and they switch. Match 3 and something happens, depending on block) but you also have to reach the goal.

Yes its Darklooming Twilight.   Tears of Joy
And you know how much I love your ideas.  And I have to draw your picture but for the past couple days I've been struggling with art block...

Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2009, 05:56:09 PM »

The run and gun sounds a bit like Sin and Punishment's style of movement. Definitely not a bad thing, in my book.
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2009, 06:22:43 PM »

Aww, thanks MKG. At least you are trying your hardest!

Okay, a few more ideas:

A game where you travel into peoples dreams and 'cure' the Nightmares that lie within...

A game where everything, including the game mechanics, revolves around a cartoony style.

A game where you play an actor in various action movies, and the goal is to get people into the theatre. The bigger the audience, the more health and damage you deal / resist. Killing enemies, dodging bullets, doing big jumps, doing dodges, exploding things all give you points. The DANGER system makes it that the closer you are to any dangerous event, for instance an explosion, without getting hurt equals more points.

The run and gun sounds a bit like Sin and Punishment's style of movement. Definitely not a bad thing, in my book.

That's what I was kind of going for! I like the idea of being nudged along, but still having control. The paths idea was from a House of the Dead game though.
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2009, 09:38:46 PM »

air pirates
That's all I needed to hear!  Kiss

A procedurally generated music game; the music is heavy drum and bass, and you're in a Rez esque world, where the architecture of the levels changes with the music, and you're flying/hacking your way through the ICE generated from the song.

OK, this is pretty rough, and definitely needs more thought.
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2009, 09:40:46 PM »

Oh yeah, and I really want to play a truly 3D racing game; basically identical to Wipeout (speed too), but there is no track, and you race between buildings, through giant exhaust pipes, straight up through vertical courtyards, etc.
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2009, 10:59:50 PM »

Epic cross-country footrace by any means possible. Massive, open-ended country, multiplayer, many-playered, sabatoge the other racers. Take a train, derail a train, walk, run, steal bikes from strangers. No killing, no death, only setbacks and time-loss.

Something like rock band but with stage-plays, and rather than playing instruments, everyone must play their part. Choose from a huge array of plays. Can be played alone, with one person doing multiple parts, or as a party game, with everyone having their own role.

A game which starts in an 30*40 window and as you level up the resolution increases until you get to clean, hi-res vectored art, after which you begin to move into the third dimension.

Steampunk 3d brawler-platformer with an open-ended world set in a sprawling victorian metropolis. Gangs of hooligans roam the dilapidated western districts and are threatening to wreak havoc on the aristocratic eastern estates. Choose your side and either avert disaster, perpetuate the segregation, or rein in a new era of order or anarchy. Involves airships and alchemic clockwork pseudoscience.

Roguelike with persistent world and procedurally generated story arcs. Should your first character die your next will be born into the same world 10 years later, and the failures of the first character will have lasting impact. Cities will have risen and fallen, tribes extinguished, and races' populations will fluctuate depending on previous lives' successes and failures.

gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2009, 07:09:13 AM »

Aww, thanks MKG. At least you are trying your hardest!

Okay, a few more ideas:

A game where you travel into peoples dreams and 'cure' the Nightmares that lie within...

A game where everything, including the game mechanics, revolves around a cartoony style.

A game where you play an actor in various action movies, and the goal is to get people into the theatre. The bigger the audience, the more health and damage you deal / resist. Killing enemies, dodging bullets, doing big jumps, doing dodges, exploding things all give you points. The DANGER system makes it that the closer you are to any dangerous event, for instance an explosion, without getting hurt equals more points.

That's what I was kind of going for! I like the idea of being nudged along, but still having control. The paths idea was from a House of the Dead game though.
That action movie idea sounds cool (and I can see how an actor trying to do all that stuff to impress an audience could be hilarious. lol) I plan on making an action movie type of game, which I already pitched here.

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
godsavant
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2009, 07:22:05 AM »

Keep the hell away from this idea, I've got dibs: A young boy in a medieval setting is forced to embark on a quest when his village is burned down and his family is slaughtered by forces of evil. He meets a stout knight, witty thief, and feisty princess to help him in his quest to gather five multicolored gems that will give the bearer unimaginable power, lest they fall into the wrong hands. Just when they finally complete their task, however, all the gems get stolen anyway, and the band must fight the evil leader wielding the might of the crsytals in three successive forms. Sewer levels and thinly veiled satire of Christian religions abound.

gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2009, 09:16:41 AM »

Keep the hell away from this idea, I've got dibs: A young boy in a medieval setting is forced to embark on a quest when his village is burned down and his family is slaughtered by forces of evil. He meets a stout knight, witty thief, and feisty princess to help him in his quest to gather five multicolored gems that will give the bearer unimaginable power, lest they fall into the wrong hands. Just when they finally complete their task, however, all the gems get stolen anyway, and the band must fight the evil leader wielding the might of the crsytals in three successive forms. Sewer levels and thinly veiled satire of Christian religions abound.

Ump! I already assembled a team and we're half way through with making this game already. lol

Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
ChevyRay
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2009, 09:26:32 AM »

Glitches. You're a character in a video game, but the evil creator made the levels impossible, but he's also a shitty programmer, so you have to figure out the glitches in his programming and abuse them to get through the game.
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2009, 09:29:17 AM »

Glitches. You're a character in a video game, but the evil creator made the levels impossible, but he's also a shitty programmer, so you have to figure out the glitches in his programming and abuse them to get through the game.
That's ingenious. Game testing will more than likely be HELL though.

Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 107
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic