Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 02:38:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignPitch your game topic
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 107
Print
Author Topic: Pitch your game topic  (Read 375834 times)
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2009, 11:13:00 AM »

A game, maybe platformer, or strategy RPG, where depending on what tile you are standing on, you gain different powers.

A game where you control lots of little slimes, and they can combine to become different creatures to help you out, or even different weapons, tools, platforms, bridges, anything.
Fuzz
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2009, 11:15:20 AM »

A game where you control lots of little slimes, and they can combine to become different creatures to help you out, or even different weapons, tools, platforms, bridges, anything.
...World of Goo?
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2009, 11:37:44 AM »

Well, more specifically, you are a guy who controls these goo things. But, they don't form structures. They actually fuse together to create bigger goos, and these fusions can look like different animals, weapons, etc. and depending on which color goos you combine, it creates different fusions.
Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2009, 12:11:00 PM »

So like pikmin meets world of goo?

Lo
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2009, 12:15:20 PM »

So like pikmin meets world of goo?

Yeah, that's a good description. The biggest inspiration for it is Tokobots, a really underrated game for PSP that I own. It is insane fun, check out a video sometime.
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2009, 12:26:06 PM »

"Pikmin meets World of Goo" sounds like a winner to me. I don't have a PSP, but is the PS2 Tokobots game any good?

This is a concept for a first-person game I came up with a while ago. The basic premise is that you play a geriatric trapped in the oppressive retirement home Autumn Fields. I imagined something like Escape From Butcher Bay, but with more bingo.
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2009, 12:36:35 PM »

"Pikmin meets World of Goo" sounds like a winner to me. I don't have a PSP, but is the PS2 Tokobots game any good?

This is a concept for a first-person game I came up with a while ago. The basic premise is that you play a geriatric trapped in the oppressive retirement home Autumn Fields. I imagined something like Escape From Butcher Bay, but with more bingo.

The PS2 one is an upgrade. It's called Tokobots Plus methinks. I was actually looking for a vid of Tokobots just now and saw it.

I imagined something like Escape From Butcher Bay, but with more bingo.

Instant winner.

Also, another idea I just got: Monsters called 'SiNs' are hunting down humans in another realm, and possessing them to create monsters in the physical world. As a mix of knight and psychic, you have to travel into the spiritual realm to hunt down demons and spirits, and also fight the demons that have managed their way into the physical world. Most boss fights start with you purging the demon from a human, then travel to the other realm and keep them from repossessing the person.
MartyMan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2009, 02:15:54 PM »

Uncover the secrets of an island as you search for a man who disappeared along with an entire town ten years ago!
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2009, 02:34:41 PM »

Another idea! Small you a Spanish, complete combatant with the mask, the suit, the name spunky, and l' agreement done on order that impresses/movements! It fights his way with one belonged impressive magnificent, l' they belonged of the kings, to become the king of the world, and except him of l' BAD organization I!
(Original text: Another idea! You are a Luchador, complete with fighting mask, suit, spunky name, and custom combos / moves! You fight your way through the Tournament of Kings, to become the King of the World, and stop the B.A.D. organization!)

This is a... weird one: You control a kid who suddenly gets caught up in a sort of Reality Police, hunting down criminals who travel to different dimensions and cause havoc, because of your unique abilities. Given a blade with a really mean side, you learn of a mysterious being which can control Reality itself, that the agency is hunting down...
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2009, 03:51:28 PM »

A Luchador game with intentionally bad translation would be fun as heck.
Shawny
Level 5

<3

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2009, 04:00:22 PM »

You're a young archaeologist who fell down a hole and into a never before seen cave maze thing and you're searching for a way out and picking up any treasure you can find on the way.

I also have a WIP idea for a rhythm shmup. Don't have it fully worked out yet.

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2009, 04:04:13 PM »

A game where you are a Treasure Hunter! You must dig down in ruins and try to find the ancient treasures of long ago (really futuristic technology) to try to keep your society going. But, when weird robotic beasts (now thought to be 'Demons') appear, you are 'bonded' to a weird mechanical being, and have to fight to save the world, while still hunting down treasure, and learning of 'The End' of long ago...

Also, an arcade game where you are a kid with a shovel. Try to dig down as far as you can, and still beat up enemies!

ANOTHER! You play a mole, and can travel between the top layer of the ground, and underground. Try to stop the evil Dr. Robologist's evil robot creations (which have imprisoned animals inside!) and get back your family!

Oh man, not more! Yes, another one! Okay, in this one you travel into a large castle, where monsters of shadow reside. You, a mere bounty hunter, must save the Princess from the castle, and also learn of a mysterious conspiracy revolving around it...

Encore! You play a guy whose world has been invaded with (musical) themed enemies! A mysterious alien being called Fem goes into you, and now with the powers of ROCK, you become a Beat Warrior, someone who can access the Beat of the Universe, and try to stop these rogue Beat Warriors from destroying your planet! It plays like guitar hero, but with power ups, and epic battles!

That's it for this round of ideas!
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2009, 04:53:08 PM »

You are a ninja abducted by futuristic and you must use your ninja skills and powers to escape!

The artist formally known as "Javet."
Shawny
Level 5

<3

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2009, 04:55:07 PM »

Also, an arcade game where you are a kid with a shovel. Try to dig down as far as you can, and still beat up enemies!
Reminds me of Dig Dug, hehe.

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2009, 05:14:07 PM »

Reminds me of Dig Dug, hehe.

That's the inspiration!

Guess what kids! It's time for Inanimate's Idea Time!

(yaaaay.)

Okay, first off on the Magic List of Ideas, we have...

A game where, while adventuring as a Treasure THIEF, you got a mysterious stone... thing attached to your arm! You are the destined Bringer of the New Era (per Mayaztinca Religion!) and you have to destroy the Guards of Earth (these stone monster thingies!)! Now, the battle system revolves around unsealing the stone lock thing on your arm, and then beating up the bad guys. To unlock it, you have to beat them up.

Numero Two-o on the list is... a game where stars are the 'Guardians' of certain solar systems, you are a rookie star, assigned to a peaceful system, Semtys, but oh no! The evil Darskins are attacking, and destroying the beautiful system! Utilizing the revolutionary (not really) SHINE system, you build up SHINE when defeating enemies! Utilizing SHINE, you can call forth the spirits of Sol or Lun, to burn or freeze (respectively) the screen!
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2009, 05:15:52 PM »

A ninja vs. pirates RTS!

Also, a 2.5D platformer with really long and jumpy levels, but when you get to one of the many bosses, it becomes an FPS.

The artist formally known as "Javet."
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2009, 05:22:56 PM »

They did a Pirates Vs. Ninjas Dodgeball game.

Okay, another one: You are the STARFIGHTEX103 Fighter, sent to destroy these weird dimension hopping aliens! You are equipped with a D Drive (TM), and have to switch between your home dimension of 3D and the weird 2D dimension! Switch between Rez style shootin', and Shmup shootin'! Master both!

Another one: Card games are SRS BSNS in this world, because each card has an included soul, which fights for it's owner! Play these dangerous 'games' against this weird organization, trying to rule the world... But when some of these 'souls' escape from the cards and attack the real world... And you are sent to the world from whence the souls come from... The humans who once controlled these 'servant' peoples and monsters are now the victims, and you don't know who is right or wrong...
A deconstruction of the 'Card Game' genre, I like this idea.

Okay, last for this one: It's a platformer. But it takes place in a cube. Each side acts like a 2D plane, and you run around the cube. However, switches allow you to rotate the cube, making for some weird puzzles.

Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2009, 05:43:15 PM »

It's a platformer. But it takes place in a cube. Each side acts like a 2D plane, and you run around the cube. However, switches allow you to rotate the cube, making for some weird puzzles.

Rubik's Cube: The Platformer? Oh, God, my head already hurts...
Taco
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2009, 05:44:25 PM »

Here's the pitch:

You are Death by natural or mostly natural causes. It is the later part of our milennium, and you're becoming obsolete. Join DBNOMNC (Dominic for short) on a quest to end war as we know it: remember, you can't make an omelette without cracking a few eggheads.
So, I'm thinking of an action adventure game like zelda, only with a further focus on conversation followed by quick, intense action involving your unique abilities: because you're by Natural or Mostly Natural Causes, your attacks would focus upon a large amount of grapple and trapsetting abilities. What do you think?
Proc
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2009, 06:36:27 PM »

“Foul Mind”
I’m still experimenting heavily with this game concept.
I’d really like to hear others thoughts and ideas on it.

The user controls a miniature shadow of hate that explores a city seeking people in conflict or only a few events short of conflict.
The hate grows and feeds off these events and upon absorbing enough negative energy mutates into something slightly bigger and more veil. The shadow gains a new utility or characteristic every time the user “levels up” so to speak.

Let’s say a single scenario (being a single screen) could have anywhere from 1 intricate puzzle to 12 easy puzzles and in some cases perpetual puzzles that require the user to approach a puzzle with a type of “mouse trap” like timing to link it all together and trigger the conflict event. (Not necessarily on a single screen)

The world is opened ended and the user can travel to virtually any puzzle screen only restricted by their size. They can also split into lower level versions of themselves to control and position multiple avatars in other screens.

The World Layout: Mock Maniac Mansion.
The Emotional Experience: Mischievous and menacing.
How to win: Drawing the entire cast of NPCs into a hateful riot and grow yourself into a Godzilla sized entity of hate.

Some form ideas
List I have is massive but these are good examples.
-Knock over objects
-Control leavers or break switches.
-Assimilate people or pets.
-Grow jaws and maw certain objects.
-Spawn eyes to monitor secondary screens.
etc...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 107
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic