Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 01:43:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignPitch your game topic
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 107
Print
Author Topic: Pitch your game topic  (Read 376619 times)
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2009, 05:14:58 AM »

You steal this idea, you die. Seriously this is mine.

I'm realy not into D+D and that kind of stuff, but sinc e isaw Pan's Labyrinth, I found out that it is possible to have a mature take on something childish.

I believe that a sidescrolling platformer or an FPS would work for my story.

Quote from: Javet
Okay, so there is the tale. A legend, if you may. It is about a beautiful fairy princess who is kid napped by a strange machine. A strange spell was cast on her to where she can not die by natural causes. Her mother had an incurable disease and her father was dead. So without anyone to lead them, they fairy race went awry. They became a savage race, killing each other. Soon, they became bloodthirsty and seeked out different blood to spill. So they moved on to the humans. A war started between the humans and the fairies. The war lasted for centuries until one day, when a single human rescued her. That is what history says. But history is wrong. No, the war still rages on. The fairies grew in number as the humans decreased.  The humans have developed advanced guns and other weapons, but so have the fairies. They made giant machines, capable of destroying anything. Life has become difficult and it is hard to stay in one spot for even a day without fear of the fairies attacking them. Can anyone save the princess? Or is it too late?

The artist formally known as "Javet."
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2009, 03:11:27 PM »

A multiplayer game about air pirates. Being able to design the ship's flag is a must.
This made me think of Sid Meier's Pirates if it were in the sky. Awesome.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
magnum_opus
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2009, 04:20:30 PM »

in the spirit of the Mash up thread
currently brainstorming/designing:

one button fighting game.
using a one button rhythm game as the main means of input.
so really:
one button rhythm based fighter.

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2009, 04:32:09 PM »

An old idea I had that is ALSO a mash up:

A fighter where to build up combos, you have to attack to 'the beat', and after doing that for a while and perfectly 'syncing' with it, you gain access to these attacks called 'Waves'. The story is, a mysterious energy hits the Earth, and imbues people with access to The Beat, essentially giving life to things, and giving powers to living things. But only to a select chosen. The problem is, mysterious beings from space called Audians are arriving... and everyone is hunting down the Impact Site of where the Wave hit, to get it's ultimate power...
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2009, 04:47:51 PM »

If you're wanting to make a one button fighter, I'd suggest checking out the TIG Duels game- loads of fun.
magnum_opus
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2009, 05:22:29 PM »

If you're wanting to make a one button fighter, I'd suggest checking out the TIG Duels game- loads of fun.

oh hey, cool, it is loads of fun. totally different approach but awesome.

Kegluneq
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2009, 07:35:12 PM »

Been toying with this idea for a while:
RPG/Platformer/side-scrolling shooter (think soldat) mash-up. Basically Iji with bullet physics.
But there's a catch, this game would PURPOSELY have glitches. Or at least glitch-like effects and situations.
The glitches must be taken advantage of in the right ways to solve puzzles and/or take out enemies.

EDIT: OMG CHEVYRAY BEAT ME TO IT!!! (waaay back in page 4) T_T sadness, and here I thought I was the only one.

Plot idea:
You travel across the globe, but instead of the seven continents we all know, you explore the lost continents of Atlantis, Mu, Lemuria, etc. Would include both sci-fi and fantasy elements, ie: Atlantis is super advanced in technology, but Mu has crazy ancient Mayan magic.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 07:53:53 PM by Kegluneq » Logged
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2009, 02:39:01 PM »

Read an article today discussing new ways of telling stories through games. It suggested the solution that the player should not be made the protagonist of the story. I thought about how this might work, and came up with a basic concept.

You play a mobster goon, hired to take out various assignments and get paid. The mobster himself has no real goals, other than getting the job done and being paid. The real story would be about the family the goon works for, and the conflicts within it. This could be exposed through setpieces a la Half-Life and other bits and pieces scattered throughout the game. 
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2009, 03:01:03 PM »

Read an article today discussing new ways of telling stories through games. It suggested the solution that the player should not be made the protagonist of the story. I thought about how this might work, and came up with a basic concept.

Oh, one of my ideas was that throughout the story, you were the hero's sidekick / comic relief. You have an interesting take on it too.
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2009, 03:31:30 PM »

That's a cool idea, too- made me think of The Tick. Can you imagine how insane/insanely fun Tick game would be?

Now that I think about it, the new Ghostbusters game is taking this route, too- you play a nameless rookie who tags along with Bill Murray and the others, so that they get to make all the wisecracks and advance the story without you bungling it up.

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 18, 2009, 03:52:29 PM »

That's a cool idea, too- made me think of The Tick. Can you imagine how insane/insanely fun Tick game would be?

Now that I think about it, the new Ghostbusters game is taking this route, too- you play a nameless rookie who tags along with Bill Murray and the others, so that they get to make all the wisecracks and advance the story without you bungling it up.

Actually, there WAS a Tick game. It sucked.
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2009, 04:29:52 PM »

Crap! Well... how about a new Tick game?
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2009, 05:23:42 PM »

Definitely! Avenge the Tick label!
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: March 18, 2009, 07:54:49 PM »

Really? I just assumed that you played as every main cast member whenever you wanted too. lol

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2009, 04:23:04 AM »

Another idea- an adventure game where you play Watson to a Sherlock Holmes character! I'm not totally certain this is original, but given the two personalities it could work really well. The player could ask for hints from Holmes if he got stuck, since he was such a genius that he'd already know the answer to every puzzle in the game.
Kingel
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2009, 05:25:31 AM »

Another idea- an adventure game where you play Watson to a Sherlock Holmes character! I'm not totally certain this is original, but given the two personalities it could work really well. The player could ask for hints from Holmes if he got stuck, since he was such a genius that he'd already know the answer to every puzzle in the game.

It has been done before, I'm afraid. But that doesn't mean it can't be done again, and better. Smiley

Business Bear
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2009, 05:51:22 AM »

Gator Pit:

You and your friends explore the Gator Pit looking for treasure...but watch out!  There are MASSIVE GATORS that will pop out of the water onto the land at any second!   Concerned
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2009, 08:59:45 AM »

So... it's a Louisiana Roguelike?
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2009, 04:46:50 PM »

A platformer through the mind of Tim Burton.

The artist formally known as "Javet."
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2009, 04:52:49 PM »

"The world has been attacked by evil beings who silence it, and you are a being sent from the heavens to eliminate them with the power of MUSIC!"

This looks so fucking AWESOME in my head. Think a beat'em up with rythim game elements and the graphical style of Gitaroo Man.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 107
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic