Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411488 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 04:10:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralScarlett Johansson to play Zoe Quinn in the movie adaptation of her book
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Author Topic: Scarlett Johansson to play Zoe Quinn in the movie adaptation of her book  (Read 7846 times)
FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

OOOOOH! >:O

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: January 08, 2016, 09:14:57 PM »

I declare! Gamergate, the last bulwark guarding journalistic integrity, freedom, modern civilization and gaming itself after the dramatic defeat of the Sad and Rabid Puppies at the last Hugo awards, was finally defeated. Its death rattle was a low groan that sounded a little bit like a pig's snort. Rejoice!

Every gamer unperson remaining is to surrender all of their game's and anime to the nearest ingsoc Cultural Marxist recycling center where they and their games will be liquefied and molded into tofu, thick-rimmed glasses and hair dye.

Journalists, non-gamers, game impostors, geek girls and gamer usurpers alike are free to carry on with their light casual gaming, as long as gamer pride levels remain below 12%, aka the "politically correct" threshold.

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: January 08, 2016, 09:34:52 PM »

PC (politically correct) master race

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 09, 2016, 03:39:59 PM »

the scary thing is, i've seen people who literally believe this will happen if "the SJWs win", whatever that means.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 09, 2016, 03:56:08 PM »

I definitely see SJW issue being instrumentalized toward censorship, but that not saying much because censorship was already instrumentalizing tech bro idealism who already had its own version of censorship through discrimination and terror, it's a win win for censorship, with fake win for freedom

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 09, 2016, 04:27:48 PM »

I definitely see SJW issue being instrumentalized toward censorship

such as where?
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 09, 2016, 05:04:23 PM »

btw, almost none of the shit people call "censorship" is actually censorship. censorship is when you're literally banned from saying/expressing something. getting a backlash for holding an unpopular opinion is not, has never been and will never be censorship. neither is changing commercial mass market media for fear of negative PR.

this is not to say that these things are always good and justified. in fact they can be pretty awful, but that's a case by case thing. it's ridiculous to claim theyre somehow inherently terrible. a society with 0 consequences for speech is not attainable or desirable.

not directed at anyone itt, just felt like saying this.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 09, 2016, 05:50:38 PM »

Passing internet restriction propositions as "protection" although naif and not subtle as now

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 09, 2016, 06:56:29 PM »

Passing internet restriction propositions as "protection" although naif and not subtle as now

ok, but beyond that one UN paper that was withdrawn (already discussed itt), i can't think of anything like that. the #1 stated justification by those lobbying for internet restrictions and mass surveillance programs at the moment is terrorism.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: January 11, 2016, 09:02:08 AM »

everytime i read SJW, I cant help but think, Saiya-Jin Wsomething

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic