Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411425 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 09:06:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsLooking for collaboration
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for collaboration  (Read 1407 times)
Pickle Jar
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2015, 01:14:59 PM »

Hello all,

So this is kind of a vague, open-ended thread really. But first, my introduction: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=45.msg1191728#msg1191728

I've been developing on UE4 and recently moved onto Unity. I'm fairly competent as a programmer, but my art skills are mediocre at best. This is why I'm looking to meet artists who are, hopefully, looking to work with a developer. I'm not necessarily looking to get an artist for a particular project, it's more like I want to form an ongoing collaboration for jaming on different ideas 2d, 3d, or whatever. Whenever an idea strikes.

As I'm Looking to connect with artists and developers here, I'm not sure how to go about it. I'll start by getting on the IRC channel for sure, but was wondering what you all suggest to meet and get in touch with others looking to collaborate?
Pickle Jar
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 01:15:43 PM »

Oh, and idk if this is relevant or not, but i'm in Washington, DC.
Michael Klier
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 01:13:53 AM »

Just an idea, but check meeetup.com for your area! Chances are there are regular artist/gamedev meetups in DC. I find it's a great way to connect to people from other areas of expertise.

Sound Design, Audio Implementation, Music
Reel Twitter
Working on

Pickle Jar
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 06:32:42 AM »

That's a great idea. I took a quick peek and it looks like most meetups or kind of inactive... but maybe it's a good point to start one?
Michael Klier
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 07:10:34 AM »

Definitely! Just take the initiative and start one. I recently started a monthly gameaudio meetup in Munich and the response has been really great so far Smiley!

Sound Design, Audio Implementation, Music
Reel Twitter
Working on

Oroboros
Level 0

Senpai

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 12:53:35 AM »

Hello all,

So this is kind of a vague, open-ended thread really. But first, my introduction: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=45.msg1191728#msg1191728

I've been developing on UE4 and recently moved onto Unity. I'm fairly competent as a programmer, but my art skills are mediocre at best. This is why I'm looking to meet artists who are, hopefully, looking to work with a developer. I'm not necessarily looking to get an artist for a particular project, it's more like I want to form an ongoing collaboration for jaming on different ideas 2d, 3d, or whatever. Whenever an idea strikes.

As I'm Looking to connect with artists and developers here, I'm not sure how to go about it. I'll start by getting on the IRC channel for sure, but was wondering what you all suggest to meet and get in touch with others looking to collaborate?

Hey! We actually seem to fit what you're going for, but we'd need to talk first to see what you're capable of. Check out our devlog and pm me if you'd like to chat. Got a relatively small scope project in the works with some very experienced artists.

We're currently vetting Unity and UE4, we're just in the need of a coder to chat with to vet the pros and cons of each from that standpoint. That aside, cheers and welcome btw.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic