Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 07:31:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSkelattack (NOW ON GREENLIGHT)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Skelattack (NOW ON GREENLIGHT)  (Read 8742 times)
Camx
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2016, 08:54:15 PM »

Looks a lot like Castle Crashers. That's a good thing.

Duo_Haptism
Level 0

Retro Gaming and Fun

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2016, 08:13:17 PM »

Hey everyone!  Things have progressed in a great way, and I'm getting some attention on Skelattack. I have a few podcast interviews lined up, and the demo will be available near the end of this month!

One upcoming interview is interesting in that he wants to leave some questions up to the community. He will be playing the Skelattack demo while interviewing me. If you've been following this development and would like to submit a question, do it here! http://goo.gl/CUF751

Thanks for the support so far!  Gentleman

Can't wait to play this game when the demo is released!

David Stanley
Level 0

I make animations and games for human consumption.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2016, 08:26:02 PM »

Looks a lot like Castle Crashers. That's a good thing.

Ah, thanks!! I spent so much time on Newgrounds as a young man, and Flash art/animation is in my blood.  I appreciate the kind words :D

Can't wait to play this game when the demo is released!

The day is swiftly approaching! Thanks for your support, here and on Twitter! 

David Stanley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2016, 08:24:56 AM »

The Skelattack demo is live!

A year after I began, I get to share this demo with you all. I have been working hard to give it a high level of polish.  The demo is for PC/Mac, and you can sign up to play here:

http://acarnivorousocean.wixsite.com/skelattack

The email signup allows me to push new demo builds periodically, so you'll always have the newest version.  I don't enjoy spam, so I won't email you unless I have packed a good amount of stuff into a new build. 

Have fun!!

~David

freank
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2016, 09:15:46 AM »

very nice arts !!

My last game:

Supporter of
Silkworm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2016, 01:51:05 PM »

Played the demo and here are some thoughts:

-It controls fine, no major complaints there. I thought the wall jumping was a little iffy at first but I got used to it fast and then I was zipping along fine. Because I can't(or won't) read it also took me a while to figure out why I couldn't wall jump on every wall (only light side).

-I like the speed and the platforming is FUN. I personally never got frustrated with the platforming challenges but I can see people without as much platforming experience having trouble with some parts. The checkpoints are fair though so you don't get sent back a lot even if you die.

-The only time I got a bit frustrated was when I had to backtrack to kill an enemy I missed and it sent me back to my last checkpoint if I happened to die on my search. Maybe letting you activate which checkpoint torch to use might help? I dunno. It wasn't that big a deal anyway.

-It can be hard to see what's below sometimes especially when you have to move down. This is always an issue when you have delayed camera movement. It's a stylistic/aesthetic choice but sometimes the camera just doesn't keep up enough and it gives you no time to react.

-Weakest part for me was really the combat. I dunno, it's lacking..something. Maybe it's the lack of knockback? I know there is some knockback on the cannibal guy which is better than nothing. There might be design reasons for not having enemies flying all over the place when you hit them but it needs something to feel more satisfying I think. Right now though, the game seems to be more about platforming and less about combat which is fine and it's all about where you want to put focus. Again, the platforming is really fun!

-First time I played, I picked air magic but I pretty much forgot about magic for the most part Tongue. It wasn't until later I found out it gives you another jump (again because I can't read probably). I also didn't visit the blacksmith, I assume you need fire magic to get past the blockade?

-Make the regaining of health and magic by the bouncing tofus instantaneous! (or give me a reason why it shouldn't).

-Are you deactivating the insta-kill crystals out of view? You need to expand the deactivate/reactivate region a bit because now they're "popping" into view on the edge of the screen as you move.

David Stanley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2016, 07:55:30 AM »

Skelattack is now on Steam Greenlight!

Thanks to my many helpful friends in the gaming community, Skelattack is finally ready for bigger things. I'd appreciate your vote!
You can also find links to the latest build of the demo there. Thanks for your support during this long journey Smiley

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=810330101

David Stanley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2016, 01:49:13 PM »

Skelattack is now on Steam Greenlight!!

So far the voting and comments have been incredibly positive. Come say hello, grab the PC/Mac demo and check out the massive amount of info available on Skelattack!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=810330101

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic